Aldi & Lidl #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well these sound delicious! Are they with all the other crisps or with all limited-time foods?
They are GOOD and in our Lidl we're in with the limited edition stuff. I'll be stockpiling.

Reactions: 1
Stock up for me please, still not seen any in our branch. I asked the girl who was stocking up if they had any and she just shrugged her shoulders and carried on with what she was doing.
I did watch Aldis next best thing before I went today and have great hopes for the Jamaican Beef Patty. I used to buy them quite often where we used to live and have not had one for years so looking forward to it. Will report back later. 99p each.
We had them just now - my husband has his main meal at lunch time and only a snack at 6pm due to his illness.
Verdict - the pastry and the filling were delicious but Aldi have made them too cheap - too much pastry (which is lovely) and not enough filling. Wish they were £1.50 instead of 99p so there would be more filling, we would have still bought them.

• Sad
Someone tell me what happened to the Lidl caramel and biscuit bars? (Fake twixes). They used to be a decent size. Picked up a pack because I hadn’t for ages and they’re half size, like a fun bar. Feeling so disappointed.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I'm not a white wine fan, Christmas parties of yore, but got gifted an Aldi Chardonnay from Chile. Estevez is its name and it's pleasant.

I now have a Lidl next door to Aldi. I haven't been in it yet.
However I did get a large water butt from middle isle of Aldi for 32.99 today! I would feel I was being unfaithful if I went to Lidl now 🤣

Stock up for me please, still not seen any in our branch. I asked the girl who was stocking up if they had any and she just shrugged her shoulders and carried on with what she was doing.
I did watch Aldis next best thing before I went today and have great hopes for the Jamaican Beef Patty. I used to buy them quite often where we used to live and have not had one for years so looking forward to it. Will report back later. 99p each.
Is this the patties?

Someone tell me what happened to the Lidl caramel and biscuit bars? (Fake twixes). They used to be a decent size. Picked up a pack because I hadn’t for ages and they’re half size, like a fun bar. Feeling so disappointed.
I used to buy the Aldi ones (Jive I think they're called). Starting buying them in lockdown for 59p a pack. They're now £1.09 I think (once the price increased over 90p I stopped buying them). They've almost doubled in price in 4 years.
I keep finding this, that either the price goes up, or the size of the product is reduced. Or if you're really unlucky it's both at once - smaller product for more money! :(

(as an aside, I've worn Primark leggings for years, they've always been £2, and then more recently £3. Went in earlier this week, the cheapest pair were £7!)

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Lidl have everything bagels on their bakery counter now, so of course I had to try! They are really good - proper chewy bagel texture, although I would like them to be absolutely drowning in seeds.

Reactions: 2
I'm not a white wine fan, Christmas parties of yore, but got gifted an Aldi Chardonnay from Chile. Estevez is its name and it's pleasant.
I like this, very strong for a white at 14%! That may be the reason I buy it....

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The Lidl Alpen frozen custard crumble tart with Kelly's clotted cream ice cream is the worst thing I've ever put in my mouth...not. :love:

• Haha
Has anyone had a Bakewell blondie recently. I fear the one and only time I found one was my first and last encounter

I've replaced my morning chocolate croissant with the pain suisse au chocolat for the last couple weeks, gonna be gutted when it leaves!

I've replaced my morning chocolate croissant with the pain suisse au chocolat for the last couple weeks, gonna be gutted when it leaves!
I tried one of those from Lidl yesterday and they are amazing aren't they! I was influenced after seeing a tiktoker who bough one of every bakery item to rate them:LOL:

I asked my OH to grab one of these on Saturday night 🤭 I put it in the oven for a bit to refresh it omgggg so good

• Wow
Reactions: 3
The Cafe Noir biscuits for Dutch Week are pretty decent. The coffee flavour is a little synthetic but texture-wise, they're kind of like a grownup Party Ring 😅

• Wow
The Cafe Noir biscuits for Dutch Week are pretty decent. The coffee flavour is a little synthetic but texture-wise, they're kind of like a grownup Party Ring 😅
Sound like the old mcvities ones! Will definitely pick some up 👍🏼

Reactions: 2
Ooh those pain suisse pastries are lovely!! Just devoured two 😂
Also found halloumi fries in Lidl, I think Aldi have stopped doing them