Aldi & Lidl #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
these chocolate layered desserts from the dutch & belgian week are so delicious!! VERY rich, it's like a fudgy chocolate top, thick mousse and soft cookie-style crumbs at the bottom 🤤 they have a raspberry & white chocolate pot too

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 4
these chocolate layered desserts from the dutch & belgian week are so delicious!! VERY rich, it's like a fudgy chocolate top, thick mousse and soft cookie-style crumbs at the bottom 🤤 they have a raspberry & white chocolate pot too
They look gorgeous 😋 Are they Aldi or Lidl?

Reactions: 1
How are you all finding delicious chocolate treats in Lidl? I went today and it was all weird Belgian cheese made from breast milk.*

*I may have made that bit up but wouldn’t be surprised given how appetising they looked.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
How are you all finding delicious chocolate treats in Lidl? I went today and it was all weird Belgian cheese made from breast milk.*

*I may have made that bit up but wouldn’t be surprised given how appetising they looked.
Belgian/Dutch Week had a LOT of chocolate and snacks! Most of the cupboard snacks will be where your local store normally keeps the 'When it's gone, it's gone' dry goods if it's still available (but it depends what survived everyone's weekend shops).

BUt there was fridge and freezer stuff too. I saw stroopwaffel or advocaat ice cream when I was in (though I decided against it with how much junk I was already buying) 😅

Reactions: 2
I got the pain Suisse, Cafe noir biscuits, my favourite cheese Wellingtons and some other bits. My eyes might have been bigger than my cupboard/fridge 😳

I'm actually glad there's no Lidl by me as I would of tried everything you have suggested from their bakery section multiple times by now 😆

• Haha
It’s vegan week and I’m so glad these blueberry desserts are back! We had a lot of these last time they were in store. 🤭 Yum. Can’t speak to the passionfruit flavour, not my cup of tea.
IMG_0863.jpeg

Reactions: 5
Looks nice, are they quite creamy?

My local lidl has been a tit show recently, all of the themed weeks have got muddled up and they have got rid of the small baskets leaving only the ones which you pull on wheels which means the till is like an aerobics show bending down to retrieve items.

I consoled myself with a New York cheesecake.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It’s vegan week and I’m so glad these blueberry desserts are back! We had a lot of these last time they were in store. 🤭 Yum. Can’t speak to the passionfruit flavour, not my cup of tea.
View attachment 2882394
Just been into Lidl to buy a cartload of the vegan stuff. Bought both flavours of these to try- can vouch for the passionfruit one as I just had it after my lunch- lovely flavour and texture.

Also picked up a vegan margarita pizza, vegan mozzerella stick things, a few types of tofu and some vegan chilli nuggets. I was really impressed by how much they had in my store.

Since my Lidl had its freezer section revamped I haven't been able to find the delicious garlic and herb chicken thighs all stacked up on wooden skewers to cook en masse. Today I noticed the piri pir version was back wi th new packaging and now there is a b utter chicken version inst4ead of the garlic & herb one. I picked up the butter chicken one.

Aldi did/ do the same sort of thing but they only ever had piri piri and a curry one (not sure if it was butter chicken or korma) so it seems like Lidle are copying Aldi with this new butter chicken one.

@Ravenstown Lidl used to do gorgeous cajun style fish fillets in the freezer section but they seem to have disappeared - it's always a shame when your favourites aren't there anymore!

I'm off in a bit for some salad and would like some biccies from the world food dry section, dependent on what they have. Tea, TV and biscuits planned for later :)

Anyone managed to recently find the Aldi creamy pesto prawns in the freezer aisle…? They are never around!

@Ravenstown Lidl used to do gorgeous cajun style fish fillets in the freezer section but they seem to have disappeared - it's always a shame when your favourites aren't there anymore!
So annoying isn't it. M&S are right buggers for doing this.

Lovely, I'm a biscuit fiend. I don't allow myself them as I can't stop at a few. I make two cups of tea and consume the packet.

I picked up some frozen breadcrumbed cheese balls too from the Dutch week.

• Haha
Has anyone else noticed a shortage of laundry products, last 2 weeks no stock of most detergents in both stores I visited, I am assuming they must be changing suppliers which is a shame as I like the current bio and colour powder

My Lidl has had a revamp and flippin moved everything around, all the fruit and veg has been moved around. I hate it when shops do this, it take weeks before I get used to it and stop missing things out. I suppose it gets my steps in which is a good thing 😀

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I ended up buying the chocolate coated almonds last night, gorgeous 😘

Lots of soft, thick good quality milk chocolate with cocoa dusting, so different from the little hard shiny bullet ones wheeled out at Xmas!

• Wow