Aldi and Lidl #3 Before you ask, the name of the Whispering Angel dupe is Ventoux Rose!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Told myself I wasn't buying any skin care until I'd finished my big stash. Then I went to Aldi....
20220201_115707.jpg

Could have been worse, I wanted more but I loved these glow recipe products so wanted to try these.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My usual Aldi had slim pickings. I’m tempted to visit the other one. It’s actually closer to my house but always busy and it kicks off in there regularly.

Last time I was in one staff member spoke to another while there were queues…I think it was reasonable work stuff and not what they did on their summer holidays. Angry bloke at the back of the queue shouted “less bleeping chatting and more serving!”

Same visit there were 2 separate couples having shouty rows.

I’ll have to take some Kalms before I go.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
This is lovely, nice peanuts, red pepper, coriandier etc in it, 89p in Aldi.
It's not a cooking sauce, a dipping sauce, we had it drizzled over breaded mini fillets, cous cous and salad.
It only lasts a week after opening, stick it in the fridge.
20220201_182759.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Today I got the papaya enzyme face scrub, the vitamin c and hyaluronic acid serums, the dupe of the clinique cleansing balm (presume that's what it is), a mint and bergamot hand wash and the knock off of Nars Orgasm blusher.

The hand-wash is lovely. About to try the face scrub. I managed to spend £90 in there today and didn't even buy alcohol 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Told myself I wasn't buying any skin care until I'd finished my big stash. Then I went to Aldi....
View attachment 1031835
Could have been worse, I wanted more but I loved these glow recipe products so wanted to try these.
I saw these in my local but wasn’t sure. I did get the dupe Emma Hardie face cleansing balm. Ordered honey bath dupe online. Picked up the peptide face cream and the Lacura glycolic serum. Testing now.

Reactions: 2
So jealous of all this Aldi love while Lidl is being soooooo sssshhhittttt right now 😂

Reactions: 6
I bought some of the low cal chocolate ice creams on sticks (terrible description, apologies! have spent too long at a computer today) - they are bloody lovely, really creamy. Much better than Skinny Cow type ones.

Managed to find a photo which is probably more use than the description. Definitely recommend them if you are calorie counting... if not probably get the Biscoff ones instead 😂 😂

1643754403449.png

Reactions: 11
Today I got the papaya enzyme face scrub, the vitamin c and hyaluronic acid serums, the dupe of the clinique cleansing balm (presume that's what it is), a mint and bergamot hand wash and the knock off of Nars Orgasm blusher.

The hand-wash is lovely. About to try the face scrub. I managed to spend £90 in there today and didn't even buy alcohol 😂

Which one is the knock off NARS blusher? My real NARS one needs to be retired.

Reactions: 1
Which one is the knock off NARS blusher? My real NARS one needs to be retired.
I got this one. Looks quite nice swatched but I'll give it a proper go tomorrow. It comes in two shades, this and a darker/brighter one.

Edited to add: I think the Coral shade is supposed to be a dupe for Nars Behave, and the darker one (Candy) is a dupe for Orgasm.

I've just tried the vitamin c serum and I don't think any product has ever made my face look so hydrated and glowy, ever. Wish I'd bought them all now 😂.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Where in your skincare routine do you ladies use the cleansing balm and the vitamin c serum? Would you use the cleanser to take your makeup off, then apply the serum and then the moisturiser last? I currently use garnier micellar water to take off a full face. Is the cleansing balm as effective?

PXL_20220202_133849410.jpg

You lot are a bad influence. Went to Aldi for my lunch and ended up with these as well

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I use vitamin c after cleansing / toning but before moisturiser.
Do you cleanse and tone everyday or just when you're wearing makeup? I wash my face and moisturise daily but I don't wear makeup for work so can never be bothered doing a proper routine. I will use the serum daily when I get my hands on it.

Do you cleanse and tone everyday or just when you're wearing makeup? I wash my face and moisturise daily but I don't wear makeup for work so can never be bothered doing a proper routine. I will use the serum daily when I get my hands on it.
I double cleanse every evening, even with no make up your face can pick up all the grime of the day.

I use DHC Deep Cleansing Oil for my first cleanse, Cerave Hydrating Cleanser for my second cleanse.
Meditk8 PHA exfoliant then any serums then moisturiser.

Remember with things like vitamin c you should be wearing a good amount of SPF daily so you would need to at least cleanse your face once with that to get it off as water alone would not cut through the SPF.

My favourites are Bondi Sands and Thank You Farmer.

Also you want to use a separate SPF not one in a moisturiser.

You want moisturiser to sink in and SPF to sit on the skin to protect it.

• Heart
I double cleanse every evening, even with no make up your face can pick up all the grime of the day.

I use DHC Deep Cleansing Oil for my first cleanse, Cerave Hydrating Cleanser for my second cleanse.
Meditk8 PHA exfoliant then any serums then moisturiser.

Remember with things like vitamin c you should be wearing a good amount of SPF daily so you would need to at least cleanse your face once with that to get it off as water alone would not cut through the SPF.

My favourites are Bondi Sands and Thank You Farmer.

Also you want to use a separate SPF not one in a moisturiser.

You want moisturiser to sink in and SPF to sit on the skin to protect it.
Thanks for the tips! I need to be more persistent with my skincare. I find I buy a load of new products and then the excitement wears off and I get lazy.

Thanks for the tips! I need to be more persistent with my skincare. I find I buy a load of new products and then the excitement wears off and I get lazy.
I know that feeling well. Some nights I really have to push myself to do it. Its too easy to just fall into bed.

Reactions: 5
Where in your skincare routine do you ladies use the cleansing balm and the vitamin c serum? Would you use the cleanser to take your makeup off, then apply the serum and then the moisturiser last? I currently use garnier micellar water to take off a full face. Is the cleansing balm as effective?
I use the cleansing balm to take my makeup off then the garnier micellar water then the serum. With that I find I don’t need a moisturiser x

Reactions: 2
Made the effort to finally go to Lidl for the bread I really like - except my local one just doesn't stock it anymore (ironically since it expanded into a much bigger store). Decided to instead just head to a different Lidl a bit further away before it was due to close... Except they actually close an hour earlier than the app says. 😒
Couldn't be arsed racing back to the other one so I ended up with duck all.

Wish I'd just walked to Aldi honestly. 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
We did our first 40 mins on the bus to Aldi today (bus pass and shopping trolley) - they have closed our local one to expand it and our son took us a month ago when he came over for the week-end.
Never again - they would not let us take the trolley in but had nowhere to store it - when we lived in Spain Aldi, like all other supermarkets had lock ups like the the trolley system where we could leave them. My fault I suppose but I bought 5 of the 2 in 1 curry jars and when I got home 2 of the spice tops were missing, I should have noticed. Opened the courgette bag and one was really off and the next one to it was very soft so 2 of the 3 were binned.
If it had been my local it would not have been a problem but I am not going back on the bus to sort this out.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.