Aldi and Lidl #3 Before you ask, the name of the Whispering Angel dupe is Ventoux Rose!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For the coffee lovers amongst us, here's my verdict on both ground coffees.

Lidl's is lovely, smells gorgeous when you open the pack and makes a decent cup of coffee.

Aldi's is rank 🤢 It's paler than normal ground coffee and smells awful. I couldn't even finish the cup I'd made.

Attachments

• Sick
Reactions: 6
For the coffee lovers amongst us, here's my verdict on both ground coffees.

Lidl's is lovely, smells gorgeous when you open the pack and makes a decent cup of coffee.

Aldi's is rank 🤢 It's paler than normal ground coffee and smells awful. I couldn't even finish the cup I'd made.
The Aldi coffee pods for nespresso are good. The Lidl ones have a high fail rate where they sort of explode. It's funny how some stuff is as good/better/the same with the odd thing vile.

Reactions: 2
The only good coffee I've had from Aldi is the Honduran one. Which is rarely in stock. To be honest learning a decent pour over technique from experts on the U tube and weighing my coffee and water out has vasty improved my coffee making skills

Reactions: 3
I hope they introduce the Goan Inspired Vindaloo curry jar with spices on top, to their regular jars. They were in a big cage just inside the door when I bought them on Monday not with the usual ones.
This has to be the best one we have tried, not sweet like some of them and quite hot, just as we like them. The hotness was 4 chillies. They are that good I am going on a 40 min bus ride tomorrow to see if there are any left.
ALDI.

Reactions: 7
I hope they introduce the Goan Inspired Vindaloo curry jar with spices on top, to their regular jars. They were in a big cage just inside the door when I bought them on Monday not with the usual ones.
This has to be the best one we have tried, not sweet like some of them and quite hot, just as we like them. The hotness was 4 chillies. They are that good I am going on a 40 min bus ride tomorrow to see if there are any left.
Is that Aldi or Lidl?

Guyyyus I just found this thread and sorry if it’s previously been mentioned but:

LIDL’S ULTIMATE BROWNIES. The 59p one in the bakery. They are insane. Like life changing. I didn’t have them for a whole year due to lockdown and when I recently returned I got 10 😳 👌🏼
I second this 😅 Lidl bakery brownies are TO DIE FOR

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I have mentioned this loads of times. You can buy a whole tray of the Lidl brownies to bake at home if you ask :D

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
When it comes to butter, this is the business.
I normally try and sneak a few into the check in case when I visit my brother and SIL in Ireland.
My Irish mother who died a month ago would not eat any other butter than this. You can get it in Waitrose and Tesco here but it’s not cheap.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
ALDI.
If these are the ones I’m thinking of (three wee pots stacked up in a wrapper?) then I saw them in asda a few weeks ago. A wee bit more expensive but a good backup if aldi stops selling them.

If these are the ones I’m thinking of (three wee pots stacked up in a wrapper?) then I saw them in asda a few weeks ago. A wee bit more expensive but a good backup if aldi stops selling them.
No these are a jar of curry sauce which have a pod on the lid which contains the dry spices. Can't take a pic as I don't have a camera on my cheapie phone and can't find a pic of them on the net. They are next to the pasta sauces in my branch.
If you are making chicken you put the chicken and a little oil in the pan and stir for a while then empty the sauce ontop and cook until chicken is done. Easy enough for my husband to make for his lunch when he uses a can of chickpeas.

Edit - Just found this although the label is old - first article down. https://www.mashed.com/334891/aldis-curry-sauces-got-a-serious-upgrade/

Last edited:
A little tip for Lidl. Now they give you a free bakery item when you spend £50 + every month. Almost everything is included including their sourdough boule and the GI boule. So you could pick a 29p donut or a £1.29 boule. I went for the GI boule this week 😉

Reactions: 7
Excuse my lack of butter knowledge (we are a lurpak household at the moment) but do you need a butter dish for the posh sea salt crystal butter blocks? I can’t see a tub version anywhere online. Also which one is nicer, the lidl or aldi? Or are they both the same?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.