Adverts you hate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I knew there had to be catches to those houses! It seems like a scam, so there had to be some fault. The big Wimbledon house on the ad at the moment looks like you only get half of that house, and the garden is a postage stamp, over looked by everyone. It's all clever angles and descriptions.

The woman's voice is incredibly annoying too!
One woman who won one said she would not even go and look at as she would want to live in it but could not afford it on her pension and could she just have the money instead. They gave her the house and told her to sell it herself and think she sold at at well below market price but said at least she had enough money to last her the rest of her life.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
One woman who won one said she would not even go and look at as she would want to live in it but could not afford it on her pension and could she just have the money instead. They gave her the house and told her to sell it herself and think she sold at at well below market price but said at least she had enough money to last her the rest of her life.
The whole thing is so weird, do the charities get given the houses or have they bought them first? it seems like a huge outset if it is the latter

Reactions: 1
Nothing against the dog, but if you didn't see the caption, would you know what it was advertising?

Some adverts try too hard to be amusing, so sometimes viewers/consumers miss the whole point of it.
No it’s a totally tit ad I agree. That dog would have been great in something else.

Reactions: 1
Just seen an advert for something to do with female incontinence or going toilet. Just what I want to hear at dinner time.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Just seen an advert for something to do with female incontinence or going toilet. Just what I want to hear at dinner time.
Urgh like the close up of the bum on the sanitary towel ads presumably to show you you can’t see them, but we all know that’s rubbish! 🤣

Reactions: 4
At least she was able to sell it and at make something from it, a lot of hassle though!

Reactions: 6
The one with the Dr from embarrassing bodies! Yes because I really need to have cream for dry fannies advertised to me whilst I'm eating my dinner 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
The one with the Dr from embarrassing bodies! Yes because I really need to have cream for dry fannies advertised to me whilst I'm eating my dinner 🤢
I don’t get why women need these adverts anyway. If I had a dry fanny, I’d either ask my local pharmacist or my GP! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I never seen anybody talk the way the Omaze woman does. She’s talks while grinning at the same time and she has a strange tone to her voice

Also the houses they give away are beautiful but they would be a nightmare to maintain and clean
Yeah. I wouldn't trust anyone who smiles that hard. Also, who wins a house with everything inside it included these days? I've never heard of it. I'm dubious about this competition.

Reactions: 3
Bit of context: I don’t really watch adverts. My phone is in my hand as soon as they come on. So although there are adverts that I “know” I may not have actually seen them, just heard them.

Anyway there’s an advert for car insurance and it always wound me up because they have people singing in it really out of tune and wondered why advert people would think it’s a good idea to do that, like viewers would prefer to laugh at bad singers rather than listening to good singers.

After about a year, I finally caught it one day.

The people singing the song all have various disabilities, some affecting their speech.

Bit of context: I don’t really watch adverts. My phone is in my hand as soon as they come on. So although there are adverts that I “know” I may not have actually seen them, just heard them.

Anyway there’s an advert for car insurance and it always wound me up because they have people singing in it really out of tune and wondered why advert people would think it’s a good idea to do that, like viewers would prefer to laugh at bad singers rather than listening to good singers.

After about a year, I finally caught it one day.

The people singing the song all have various disabilities, some affecting their speech.
Its the motability ad trying to persuade disabled folks to use their allowances to buy a car for their Freedom!

Its the motability ad trying to persuade disabled folks to use their allowances to buy a car for their Freedom!
I know that now 🙈 But I went a whole 12 months or so clueless for what it was and just getting irritated by the out of tune singing 😶

• Haha
I know that now 🙈 But I went a whole 12 months or so clueless for what it was and just getting irritated by the out of tune singing 😶
That Lloyds Bank one pees me off for dodgy singing - the woman absolutely crucifies "We've Only Just Begun", actually it sounds like she's being put through a mangle in order to get some of those longer notes out

Reactions: 8
If we're doing annoying advert songs, may I nominate the Kayak one, 'I wanna goooo, somewhere beautifulll...'

Ergh, it's so wishy washy dullness, and it bumpers loads of programmes as sponsors. Annoys the hell out of me!

That George Asda one, wtf 🤣

If we're doing annoying advert songs, may I nominate the Kayak one, 'I wanna goooo, somewhere beautifulll...'

Ergh, it's so wishy washy dullness, and it bumpers loads of programmes as sponsors. Annoys the hell out of me!
😮 I love that one, proper sing along to it 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
back in the first lockdown when I was on furlough I think I watched every single episode of come dine with me ever made on channel 4... and it was the GALBANI advert that did it for me.. if you know you know 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The Simple advert, when she dry cuts her hair without a cape and she sends the woman off on a job interview with all hair on her suit. The new Lidl advert, that saxophone is so shrill, its horrible. Any Vinted advert, especially her with the pink T-shirt.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.