Adverts you hate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As somebody else noted above, the government Covid adverts with the participants looking into the camera will have literally no effect on the audience it's supposed to; the dickheads frequently breaking restrictions. If people haven't managed to process the severity of the pandemic by now, frankly they never will do, unless it directly affects them.

Reactions: 10
Vinted! Not sure if it’s just me and they know I have lots of old clothes that need selling but I’m bombarded with Vinted adverts 🤣

Reactions: 5
The eBay one where they buy the tv and it fits in the wall like a puzzle. I’m not sure why but it irritates me 😂

Reactions: 8
Any advert with some cringey, 'heartwarming' poem spoken over the top of it. I'm looking at you, Nationwide.

I specifically came on this thread to moan about these 😂. The cringey poetry ones littered with thoughtful pauses and longing looks into the camera knock me sick.
Arrgh, I didn't read the full thread, sorry I've mentioned it again. Just anything with the Covid vibe of 'we're here for you' :sick::sick: No you're not Halifax, I've been on hold to your call centre for 47 minutes!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I can't get my head around the ad featuring a giant rita ora stomping all over the capital in king kong/t rex style 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I can't get my head around the ad featuring a giant rita ora stomping all over the capital in king kong/t rex style 🤔
I actually hadn't seen this advert until after I had seen all of the 'giant Rita Ora' memes - it is SO bizarre!!

Reactions: 2
There’s an advert on sky sports advertising erectile dysfunction remedies...they show it at pretty much every ad break!! Usually when the golf is on 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Does anyone remember the patronising Sport England tv ad campaign to get more women exercising. No ad for men, just women. And it showed a woman with her tampon string hanging out because 'periods are natural'.
Shitting is natural too but I don't see sny ads showing a woman bending over showing skid marked knickers

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
The manipulative government advert with actors looking into the camera lens saying "look into their eyes and tell them you're doing everything you can to stop covid" makes me sick.

How about look into the eyes of all the late-diagnosed cancer sufferers, and other people who will die because of the government's handling of the crisis. Look into the eyes of the families of the people who have killed themselves. Look into the eyes of the people who's businesses have been ruined. Look into the eyes of the children whose education you are saying doesn't matter.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
The manipulative government advert with actors looking into the camera lens saying "look into their eyes and tell them you're doing everything you can to stop covid" makes me sick.

How about look into the eyes of all the late-diagnosed cancer sufferers, and other people who will die because of the government's handling of the crisis. Look into the eyes of the families of the people who have killed themselves. Look into the eyes of the people who's businesses have been ruined. Look into the eyes of the children whose education you are saying doesn't matter.
You couldn't of said it better!!

Reactions: 5
Nationwide adverts are dire. Remember the one with annoying sisters, one was singing the other playing keyboard. I remember it though and I guess that’s the whole idea!

• Sick
Reactions: 10
Those ads shown in the afternoon featuring pensioner celebrities like gloria hunniford and michael parkinson advertising funeral plans where you get a free pen if you sign up
😐

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I’ve just seen an ad that shouts all the names for a mans bits. Finished off DONG DONG DONG DONG. Like what in the hell just happened 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I hate any ads with celebs in tbh, they seem to be more and more common, that stupid Just Eat ad with Snoop Dogg seems to be on 100000 times a day
Does snoop even know what just eat is or is he always high and agrees to things?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.