Adverts you hate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone seen the recent advert about Covid-19? The advert has the participants looking straight into the camera, they are either health workers, or people with the virus. Some of them are wearing breathing apparatus. A sombre voice over says "Can you look them in the eye, and tell them you are doing all you can to stop the spread of Covid-19?"
I don't know how they have the audacity to show such a highly manipulative advert. How dare they put a guilt trip on the majority of the population, who have complied with all the lockdowns and safty measures. The only audience that needs lecturing to, are the elected ones, who have handled this pandemic really badly. The ones that have made appalling decision, after appalling decision
I don't think I have felt this incensed about an advert, in a long time.
I've been jailed since the first lockdown or so it feels. So they are not manipulating me when I want to go to Poundland for non essentials

HATE all nationwide adverts, especially this one
I hate the latest poem, the accent and tone grinds on me

Reactions: 4
So many but the Rylan radio for Cinch drives me nuts. I said/ he said. And it’s on every 15 minutes.

Reactions: 5
That one on the BBC all the bleeping time with people floating off around a bus stop and shop. Its totally bleeping stupid.

Reactions: 1
That’s the older one which is actually better than the new one.

Here’s the new one:
omg yez ive seen that one its awful & ..turned the proclaimers 500 miles song into a derge !
Thats also a pet hate of mine...weak wishy washy covers of good songs made for adverts

Reactions: 3
bleeping corona adverts. Only radio, don't watch tv or other. Feel like they're doing mind control every few minutes, just no need

Reactions: 9
bleeping corona adverts. Only radio, don't watch tv or other. Feel like they're doing mind control every few minutes, just no need
You should hear the ones on Welsh radio. If you dare to go out you will spread covid and they will die. Came here for Candi Staton not propaganda, thanks 🤬

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The Navy advert, the one appealing to women, it’s the “music” 😳 and shite rapping. The always advert with her who plays tennis, the way she says “side barriers” 😳 and that gonk who does the Asda advert, blow ya 🤬 nose. And the building society one with that Brummie chap, gawd he’s so flicking boring! And that condescending Capri Sun carton, “colours and preservatives? I have none of these”. 😡

Reactions: 1
Oh yes, those annoyingly patronising nationwide ads. It didn't help that they repeatedly popped up in EVERY ad break.

"Sorry about the weight gain. You're doing okay, you know. How's your head. You're gonna be alright You're gonna get through this. Don't forget to keep looking out for each other yeah, don't take each other for granted. Be kind and support each other" 🤮

And also the ad showing happy smiling family with smug woman taking 'pasta tray bake' out of the oven. If the cringe factor wasn't bad enough they were actually showing it when supermarkets had run out of pasta 🤦

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I specifically came on this thread to moan about these 😂. The cringey poetry ones littered with thoughtful pauses and longing looks into the camera knock me sick.
the one with the couple talking about their lockdown wedding had me yelling duck OFFFF at the telly after the first couple of times. “In 6 months time we’ll be tying the knot” yeah and it sounds like a tit day, why are you both looking so smug your wedding is cancelled.

Reactions: 9
Any perfume advert, especially the Dior one with Natalie Portman. They're always absolutely nonsense!

• Sick
I HATE the Nationwide adverts. Also Tesco "Food Love Stories" - so twee and annoying. The most recent one I saw was a guy with a fussy daughter who won't eat meat so now he uses vegan sausages; didn't you know we should all be vegan and "plant-based" all the time!

I like the Paco Rabanne Invictus/Olympea adverts but I cracked up when I saw someone on another site complain about "that cocky topless bloke clicking his fingers and flipping a police car over!"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.