Adverts you hate #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The coke ad with Gigi Hadid making pasta with her pretend friends. There’s no way she lives in an apartment like that, there’s no way those are her friends, and unless they’re an Alcoholics Anonymous group, why would a bunch of adults be drinking bottles of coke instead of wine with their pasta?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I detest that airbnb ad,wtf is it all about talking about sushi! FFS
I hate the one where they stayed in Italy with Stefania and "every morning she would make us cawfee" (said in a syrupy American accent).

I also saw an ad on YT that had me cackling earlier - for Pure Oud or something, anyway was this guy smouldering at the camera over and over again. The guy looked like he should be attractive but something had gone wrong somewhere.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The one where the couple are talking about "Galabanini" cheese and a woman cuts in with "EEEEET'S GALBANI!!!" in an exaggerated Italian accent that makes the Dolmio Family look subtle

Reactions: 10
🎶 We're going to Parkdean, woah, we're going to Parkdean, woah, and don't it feel good" 🎶 all badly done to the tune of Walking on Sunshine

More like "we're going to Parkdean, woah, and go and get fucked!"

• Haha
Reactions: 15
All of the Bold adverts with the Dad and two daughters to the bastardised version of Gold. I hate that song anyway but the ridiculous lyrics make it even worse.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
All of the Bold adverts with the Dad and two daughters to the bastardised version of Gold. I hate that song anyway but the ridiculous lyrics make it even worse.
I'm waiting for a new one with a step mum after the dad's pink shirt sealed the deal :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Wish they’d duck off with the cremation,funeral ads,they tend to put these ads on in afternoons,obviously trying to get to retired people.Senior citizen Ads as well.duck off and duck off again.

Reactions: 17
Wish they’d duck off with the cremation,funeral ads,they tend to put these ads on in afternoons,obviously trying to get to retired people.Senior citizen Ads as well.duck off and duck off again.

This one bleeping cracks me up. Tony was a big fella, there is no way he fit in that coffin! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Me and my sister went to a daytime cinema to see that Banshees of Innishthingummy and all the ads were like that plus loads of guilt tripping charity ads. They seemed to go on forever. 🤬

Reactions: 6
The new Amazon advert. People taking their purchases out of the Amazon box and they're all immediately ready to be used. No packaging, no polystyrene, no cable ties, no instruction books, no voucher from Naked Wines or Hello Fresh.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I know what you mean. "Dad's first date in years................................" for which he needs his other shirt to make him "more extrovert" BARF :sick:
---
Me and my sister went to a daytime cinema to see that Banshees of Innishthingummy and all the ads were like that plus loads of guilt tripping charity ads. They seemed to go on forever. 🤬
Us oldies are not exactly enamoured at seeing them either, its like they think that crap is all that concerns us!!

Reactions: 8
The advert for Yorkshire tea, featuring Patrick Stewart, every time I see I cringe. Just because a company has managed to rope in a celebrity to advertise their product, it does not guarentee that it will be a good advert.

Reactions: 8
The advert for Yorkshire tea, featuring Patrick Stewart, every time I see I cringe. Just because a company has managed to rope in a celebrity to advertise their product, it does not guarentee that it will be a good advert.
All the Yorkshire Tea adverts are a bit cringe. I get what they are trying to do, but it's all a bit cringe. The Kaiser Chiefs one is the same.

What are they trying to do, make Patrick Stewart into a laughing stock?
Their slogan of "everything's done proper", so a goodbye speech is not some half arsed bye, it's a proper meaningful speech, the Kaiser Chiefs are there playing the hold music live for the phone line instead of it being recorded shite music.

Michael Parkinson used to do the ads too and did the job interviews.

Reactions: 5
There's a new Step One underpants ad that includes some women modelling the new bikini briefs. I note the women are "conventionally attractive" with slim bodies and no lumps and bumps, but we are still subjected to that rotund man with the beer gut.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.