Adverts you hate #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Cornetto ad with the singing family. The granny's finale sets my teeth on edge.

Reactions: 4
*Mancunian accent*

"Fownd yew!!!"

"Mai tern!!!"

It also features a teepee and a jaundiced wizened crone who guards it. I think she's meant to be in her 50's but let's face it the demon kid has sucked out her very soul leaving just a crinkly haggard shell.

I hate this advert so much I feel like I may lose my reason at times. Sometimes when the hatred threatens to overwhelm me I formulate letters of bitter complaint in my head that I intend to send to the ad makers.(along with some Anthrax)

I know this ads been mentioned before but I hate it more than anyone else I reckon.🤬

Reactions: 1
*Mancunian accent*

"Fownd yew!!!"

"Mai tern!!!"

It also features a teepee and a jaundiced wizened crone who guards it. I think she's meant to be in her 50's but let's face it the demon kid has sucked out her very soul leaving just a crinkly haggard shell.

I hate this advert so much I feel like I may lose my reason at times. Sometimes when the hatred threatens to overwhelm me I formulate letters of bitter complaint in my head that I intend to send to the ad makers.(along with some Anthrax)

I know this ads been mentioned before but I hate it more than anyone else I reckon.🤬
Rave,join me I detest it boils my piss every time.😡

Reactions: 2
Rave,join me I detest it boils my piss every time.😡

My piss boiled a while ago sadly. It's all chuffing evaporated now thanks to demon kid who hides under peoples beds smiling vacantly.

I'm thinking the original ad is probably european in origin and dubbed? I'm originally from the Manc area so it's not the accent itself.

I've honestly been considering sending the ad company a strongly worded letter basically just telling them to stop broadcasting the thing.

"please make it stop!" etc

I fear that this course of action would only encourage them to commit further atrocities whuilst making me appear quite demented.

Last edited:
  • Haha
There's an advert for a programme called Skin A&E. Why must they advertise this when people are likely to be eating?

• Sick
There's an advert for a programme called Skin A&E. Why must they advertise this when people are likely to be eating?
I know it’s very well censored but yes that was absolutely gross. On some of the freeview channels there used to be constant ads for Doctor pimple popper which were absolutely horrifying. And some show about people’s feet conditions! What is wrong with people?

Reactions: 5
This has reminded me of the fungal nail infection adverts that used to be on daytime TV all the time when I was a student. I already hated feet but that was really the limit.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
There's one with a real life girl suffering with Anorexia on it and it's so ill thought out that it contains triggering content for other's suffering EDs. I don't even know what it's advertising because I had to switch it off at the Pro-Ana part (thigh measuring etc).

Whoever greenlit it has made a very dangerous call.

Reactions: 11
There's one with a real life girl suffering with Anorexia on it and it's so ill thought out that it contains triggering content for other's suffering EDs. I don't even know what it's advertising because I had to switch it off at the Pro-Ana part (thigh measuring etc).

Whoever greenlit it has made a very dangerous call.
Is that the dove one?

Reactions: 2
I also despise the Welsh Gold and Jewellery business ad in that has a guy yelling at the end "if you have any gold and silver jewellery..." several decibels louder than the rest of the ad so you can't leave the room to avoid contact with it. Talk about cynical desperation and treating your intended audience with sheer contempt.

This disruptive advert is spammed without mercy on TalkTv.

I was going to write down the ad details for your reference but I'm not encouraging this rancid ordure in any way shape or form.

I always thought that boosting sound levels in ads was against advertising regulations. I'm sure it used to be.

The crazy frog ads changed the landscape of TV advertising. What couldn't have gotten any worse did with aplomb!

All These ads are it's sickening progeny IMO. Yeah man.

That bleeping constant Zoopla ad with that vile woman with longest bleeping teef I’ve seen.piss off.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I also despise the Welsh Gold and Jewellery business ad in that has a guy yelling at the end "if you have any gold and silver jewellery..." several decibels louder than the rest of the ad so you can't leave the room to avoid contact with it. Talk about cynical desperation and treating your intended audience with sheer contempt.

This disruptive advert is spammed without mercy on TalkTv.

I was going to write down the ad details for your reference but I'm not encouraging this rancid ordure in any way shape or form.

I always thought that boosting sound levels in ads was against advertising regulations. I'm sure it used to be.

The crazy frog ads changed the landscape of TV advertising. What couldn't have gotten any worse did with aplomb!

All These ads are it's sickening progeny IMO. Yeah man.
Yep I am with you on this one Rave 🤣 it grates me sooo much and it's embarrassing with me being Welsh ! And the saleswoman poking around the customers jewellery she brought in to sell with her goddamn awful nails as if she is sorting the crap from the good stuff 😂

Reactions: 3
Bloody Lidl advertising school uniforms already!

FFS the kids have not broken up yet and you know precisely if you buy the stuff now then they won't fit come the start of a new school year;
No doubt the Christmas ads will start next month too :mad:

Reactions: 6
It's to piss everone off IMO. It's all trolling. You end up rabidly hating on tunes you were blase about before they ram them down your ears.

The other real piss evaporaters for me personally are the soppy nob end song covers.

I know this has already been featured in some detail here.

I blame Katie Melua for starting this rancid trend. It got worse over lockdown. Detergent ads went from being quite jolly to some whispering bird singing in an infantile voice like she'd had an "accident". L;ike a sickening lullaby!

Alan Mcgee who used to run creation records memorably called this type of material "Bed wetting music"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Bloody Lidl advertising school uniforms already!

FFS the kids have not broken up yet and you know precisely if you buy the stuff now then they won't fit come the start of a new school year;
No doubt the Christmas ads will start next month too :mad:
Unfortunately I’ve worked in e-commerce and back to school stuff is in demand around July! People are weird. I guess there is worry about missing out on the sizes or getting the right items. Plus you can get organised then enjoy the holidays.

I saw some facebook huns going on about pumpkin candles the other day. I’m kind of glad Halloween is a big thing though as it protects us from super early Xmas.

Unfortunately I’ve worked in e-commerce and back to school stuff is in demand around July! People are weird. I guess there is worry about missing out on the sizes or getting the right items. Plus you can get organised then enjoy the holidays.

I saw some facebook huns going on about pumpkin candles the other day. I’m kind of glad Halloween is a big thing though as it protects us from super early Xmas.
Just you wait, after the schools go back the huns will have their over-decorated trees up faster then you can say Cozzy Livs

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.