Adverts you hate #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Asda one where she sends him out for shopping condescendingly saying watch the budget. He comes back like 4 years later and she lists all the stuff Asda has and why didn’t he go there.

Half the stuff she’s listing wasn’t a thing 4 years ago so why would he? I mean it’s a stupid advert anyway but at least make it make sense (I’m possibly overthinking it).

and the hairbrushing shampoo one- my misophonia apparently can’t cope with hairbrush sounds or whispering so I have to mute or turn over every time, otherwise I want to smash my tv.
The tresemmee or however its spelt? Makes my blood boil, the hair sound the whispering. Make it end!

Reactions: 8
OH my God..... that AWFUL Lloyd's ad, with Alicia Keys screaming her head off... 'THIS GIRL IS ON FIY-AAAAAHHH'

Its unbearable.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
The bloody advert I keep getting on YouTube of some girls singing 'shopping like a billionaire' or something,sooo annoying 😤😤

Reactions: 6
The bloody advert I keep getting on YouTube of some girls singing 'shopping like a billionaire' or something,sooo annoying 😤😤
Ah that's bloody temu, never heard of them 2 days ago, now they are harrassing me everywhere I go on the internet

Reactions: 8
Ah that's bloody temu, never heard of them 2 days ago, now they are harrassing me everywhere I go on the internet
I think they are another Shein type brand

I keep getting the advert on YouTube for a backpack from them for £1.75 or something ridiculous like that

Reactions: 3
Hate's a bit strong but I roll my eyes at that skincare advert with Louise Redknapp going 'here are my holiday photos' and it's just pictures of her face
I don't get the bit where she says her skin is as patchy and uneven as a world map (or something like that). I have never considered a world map to be patchy and uneven.

The Reed advert with that curly haired duck in his garish shirt has been blighting my television viewing for the last month. I reckon the govt are funding its repeated showing to get more people back to work. I hate the end where he sits at the desk and you can see him waggling his head at the lady opposite.

Getting fed up of beauty brands using z-list influencers and their self-filmed TikTok-style videos to advertise skincare. I don't want to see some twit staring at the camera trying to be seductive while they poke their finger in a pot of face cream, or drizzle oil on their face. They always look like they apply too much so they end up looking greasy.

Reactions: 9
One of the Nationwide adverts where they're filming "everyday people" having "every conversations" about saving money etc..
Two women are sat on a bench and one says "I'm the queen of the reduced section" in the most wooden way.
She mentions buying something she's never seen before called "bacon-aise" and because it's SUCH a realistic advert she stumbled over the pronunciation..."bay-bay-bacon-AISE??" Absolutely dreadful.
Also, if you're watching the pennies so much, why would you buy something you've never heard of or need at the supermarket 🤬🤬

• Haha
Reactions: 25
One of the Nationwide adverts where they're filming "everyday people" having "every conversations" about saving money etc..
Two women are sat on a bench and one says "I'm the queen of the reduced section" in the most wooden way.
She mentions buying something she's never seen before called "bacon-aise" and because it's SUCH a realistic advert she stumbled over the pronunciation..."bay-bay-bacon-AISE??" Absolutely dreadful.
Also, if you're watching the pennies so much, why would you buy something you've never heard of or need at the supermarket 🤬🤬
Those ones annoy me too. I thought they were supposed to be minor celebrities for a while as I thought I recognised the baconnaise woman. At least it’s not the poem ones anymore.

Just all bank adverts are tit. The one with Oasis blaring, the Girl on Fiiiiiiire one, I don’t even know which banks these are for I just hate them all.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Those ones annoy me too. I thought they were supposed to be minor celebrities for a while as I thought I recognised the baconnaise woman. At least it’s not the poem ones anymore.

Just all bank adverts are tit. The one with Oasis blaring, the Girl on Fiiiiiiire one, I don’t even know which banks these are for I just hate them all.
NOTHING can out-crap ALL of the Verisure adverts. They are both irritiating, aggravating and unbelievably CRAP, along with the most varied collection of cardboard "actors" (term used advisedly).
Yeah these ads have made Verisure a Household Name alright but perhaps not in the way they intended :mad:

Oh and I really do despise that "This girl is on Fiyyyerrrrrrrr" one, specifically for that God-awful cat chorus caterwauling as Girl Rides Bike with Horses. BAH!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Oh and I really do despise that "This girl is on Fiyyyerrrrrrrr" one, specifically for that God-awful cat chorus caterwauling as Girl Rides Bike with Horses. BAH!
Oh god YES. I absolutely can’t stand Alicia Keys and it almost felt heretical to say it. Yelling one line over and over does not a chorus make. See also that one about New York, or that bleeping tit Bond theme.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Oh god YES. I absolutely can’t stand Alicia Keys and it almost felt heretical to say it. Yelling one line over and over does not a chorus make. See also that one about New York, or that bleeping tit Bond theme.
I didn’t even know the song was Alicia Keys. I assumed it was some awful X factor contestant.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
NOTHING can out-crap ALL of the Verisure adverts. They are both irritiating, aggravating and unbelievably CRAP, along with the most varied collection of cardboard "actors" (term used advisedly).
Yeah these ads have made Verisure a Household Name alright but perhaps not in the way they intended :mad:

Must get one for ‘little miss enpending life changer’ or whatever it is she says!!!!
Gives me the bloody rage so so tit adverts!!! 🤢😡

Reactions: 4
The one with all the idiots talking about their optician like they're a Tinder date. It's just so cringe.

Also, the Diabetes UK one, not only does it have Phillip Schofield narrating it, it has to be the cheapest piece of crap on the ad breaks. The way the bearded man grins at the camera like a silly sod, and then the woman pretending to read the leaflet, just ergh! It's an embarrassment.

Reactions: 11
The last few days the Peugot 408(?) TV has been starting to grate. Woman with accent, something about listening to a voice in arseholes* or something. I'm sure these ad people do it on purpose "let's make it sound like she's saying arseholes, that'll get them all talking". Well, congratulations.

Peugot used to do quite good ads, I remember the 306 advert from the 1990s with the woman saying to man in car park "Nice car. Wanna show me what it can do?". Soundtrack was Sexual Healing.

And there was the 106 with the two young ladies

*our souls

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.