Adverts you hate #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That imperial leather one. Shes a weird bleep
I've just seen that ad for the first time - god its irritating. Irritating woman, irritating music. This kind of advertising has the oppisite effect, I have been put off buying Imperial leather for life!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
At the minute it’s definitely this one

View attachment 1654870
For the last few weeks, my 4 year old daughter has been exuberantly saying "oh wonderful!" anytime anything remotely interesting happens.

I thought she'd picked it up from her school teacher, but then this ad popped up on my YouTube yesterday and it all made sense.

Later on, I asked her if she'd heard "oh wonderful!" on YouTube. She then proceeded to reel off the rest of the advert: "they're paying me what I asked for - clever girl!"

🙄🙄🙄

The worst ad for me at the moment is the Meerkats - "I Need a Nero".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
The Vax carpet cleaner advert, when they take it in turns to say ‘what does that mean?’ Ahh really winds me up 😂

Reactions: 4
For the last few weeks, my 4 year old daughter has been exuberantly saying "oh wonderful!" anytime anything remotely interesting happens.

I thought she'd picked it up from her school teacher, but then this ad popped up on my YouTube yesterday and it all made sense.

Later on, I asked her if she'd heard "oh wonderful!" on YouTube. She then proceeded to reel off the rest of the advert: "they're paying me what I asked for - clever girl!"
Oh that's hilarious. 😂 😂

I remember that one where a bloke orders a drink and the man serving behind the bar suddenly keeps switching between being the police, a judge, the man's boss and his wife all telling him off. don't drink and drive! please tell me someone else remembers it 😂 it used to be on all the time!

Reactions: 3
I don’t think it’s fair that kids today don’t have to watch someone fly a kite into a pylon and be electrocuted to death, like we had to in the 90s/00’s. Or get a ball of the railway track. Scarred me for life that did. But always stayed away from Pylons. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Nationwide with the women in that clothes shop talking about owning a home and just having their own curtains. I have lived in a rented home for 9 years and have my own curtains. They need to dream bigger.
All the nationwide adverts. The most recent were 3 girls are talking about their mental health . I say three girls it’s just one going on and the others just going “yaaaa,yaaaaa,yeh” whilst she’s speaking. it seems like a really awkward conversation and it makes me cringe everytime

O and the GoHenry adverts.not so much the ad, but the fact it’s about teaching your kids to be smart with money, but the service charges £2 a month. Why wouldn’t a parent just go open a free children’s bank account for FREE! Not very money smart!

Reactions: 18
The new mcdonalds advert with Maya Jama. I'm sure it's on about 3 times everytime there's an ad break :mad:

The farmers all singing out of tune - 'everybody's freeeee'. Can't even remember what it is for.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
All the nationwide adverts. The most recent were 3 girls are talking about their mental health . I say three girls it’s just one going on and the others just going “yaaaa,yaaaaa,yeh” whilst she’s speaking. it seems like a really awkward conversation and it makes me cringe everytime

O and the GoHenry adverts.not so much the ad, but the fact it’s about teaching your kids to be smart with money, but the service charges £2 a month. Why wouldn’t a parent just go open a free children’s bank account for FREE! Not very money smart!
I think GoHenry is for those control freak parents. Apparently you get a notification every time your child spends something. And you can block certain shops and stuff. Who has the time?! 🙄

Reactions: 6
I think GoHenry is for those control freak parents. Apparently you get a notification every time your child spends something. And you can block certain shops and stuff. Who has the time?! 🙄
It just seems like it's not for 'people like me' (those with not much money). I can control those things very easily by not giving them any money (I jest) or, and this is novel I know, asking them what they want/are going to spend their money on. I don't need to pay extra for an app to do this stuff for me.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.