Adverts you hate #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember that one where a bloke orders a drink and the man serving behind the bar suddenly keeps switching between being the police, a judge, the man's boss and his wife all telling him off. don't drink and drive! please tell me someone else remembers it 😂 it used to be on all the time!
Haha, I remember that too.

Tbh I'm kind of relieved there aren't as many PSAs on TV. I never want to see that 'if you hit me at 40' one ever again.

Reactions: 3
Today "granny I got the job" came on before a YouTube video at work, and everyone in the room went "UGHHH NOOOO'". really loudly! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Today "granny I got the job" came on before a YouTube video at work, and everyone in the room went "UGHHH NOOOO'". really loudly! 😂
It’s weird as I don’t know what demographic it’s targeted to? Everyone seems to get it and I haven’t looked at job sites in a while. Also sorry but the kind of jobs on TotalJobs aren’t high level enough to negotiate your salary for 😆

It also makes no sense. Like she walks in the door and doesn’t even turn her laptop on but the granny’s sitting there with the screen on? How long has Skype or Teams or whatever been running? :)

Reactions: 4
It’s weird as I don’t know what demographic it’s targeted to? Everyone seems to get it and I haven’t looked at job sites in a while. Also sorry but the kind of jobs on TotalJobs aren’t high level enough to negotiate your salary for 😆

It also makes no sense. Like she walks in the door and doesn’t even turn her laptop on but the granny’s sitting there with the screen on? How long has Skype or Teams or whatever been running? :)
Yes! She just runs into frame! So sudden

Reactions: 2
It’s not the advert itself that annoys me but the bratty child.

There’s a period shaming ad by one of pad companies (always I think) and the majority of it is okay but there’s this one brat who’a pushing the narrative that being asked to put her pads away rather than left on the kitchen table is being shamed . Am I being unreasonable? I get period shaming and attitudes towards them is something that needs changing but I don’t think being asked to put something away is shaming.

I really dislike the majority of adverts with kids especially bratty ones(like the Robinsons squash one in the courtroom and chicken witch of the west)

Reactions: 5
A page or so ago I mentioned the Alpro milk ad, and wondered if it was Greg Davies doing a silly voice.
They now have a different man doing the voiceover

👀

Reactions: 1
Oh look, it's the Tel Aviv and Jerusalem ad again. Haven't seen that one for a whole 24 hours.

1665369722391.png

1665369759016.png

1665369784442.png

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It’s not a video ad but is anyone else getting lots of pop ups about Helsinki? :)

1665681060514.png
is anyone else getting these bizarre Vilnius birthday ads? There's one with a baby :)

• Wow
The charity begging bowl, such as the ones asking for money to help a homeless person this Christmas. And what about the rest of the year?

Reactions: 4
Them old trio adverts with the girl with the loud voice,my sister was just like her.

• Haha
If anyone streams UKTV play they rotate the same ads every 15mins. There is one currently for some kind of currency app Revolut. Annoying music followed by a grubby slob in an armchair who bursts through the wall and mouths a kiss to a vendor. I don't even understand it but its really off-putting.

I can't stand the laundry ones with the dad and his two daughters. The songs are annoying and I don't care for these people.

Just seen the one where the dad is off on a date. Ergh, is a step mum going to be introduced in the next one? :ROFLMAO:

I just don’t like soft-sell adverts, unless they’re cleverly done. You want us to buy your product, so just state this at the start of the advert and then explain what are the benefits of buying your product.

On a side note, I’ve seen various informative adverts from the ‘70s/‘80s/‘90s on social media recently, regarding topics such as diseases, burglary and road safety, and whilst they’re scary as hell, I really wish we brought them back. At least then the ad breaks during TV shows would stimulate and evoke some emotion 😅.
the one that TERRIFIED me as a child and literally makes my eyes look like this emoji 👀 is that road safety one about speeding. The man is sat at his desk, he looks underneath and the body of the child he hit is laying at his feet to represent his guilt. Gulp

another I remember is the one with the woman smoking in her kitchen. her baby is also there and the room is filled with smoke

Reactions: 7
On YouTube at the moment:

1) something called Merge Mansion or something, with a young lady running after her "graandmaw", who is disappearing through concealed doors with opening mechanisms of ever increasing ridiculousness. Is it a game? I don't know.

2) Waterwipes - it has no sound.

ETA the PSA I always remember. I wasn't born when it came out so must have seen it on one of those 70s compilation shows.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.