Adventures in Design #1 Brickey the Disney Know It All

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread for Disney vlogger and podcaster Mark Brickey “Adventures in Design.”

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I watched all of Mark’s WDW vids, my first exposure to him. I really liked him at first: attention to detail, wonderment. I saw a lot of things I’ve missed over the years. His constant telling us that he’s been to DL over 700 times was super annoying. He seems aggressive at times like he could haul of and pop someone. Also don’t like that he likes to find a hidden area to chill after the parks close instead of leaving so people can close the park down and go home. He kept commenting about places he would do that.

Fake humble, know it all, and hidden aggressiveness.

And I fully expect him to show up here. 😁

Nice red dyed beard.
I have to check that out.

Reactions: 12
Tried watching my first Brickey episode last night - are most like this:

“We have a jam packed/earth shattering Disneyland Update for you this week featuring two new beautiful trash cans that have been added in Frontierland AND a check-in on the repaired urinal in the Starcade and if Disney’s choice of plumbing hardware for it is what Walt would have wanted?”

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Not really sure why he uses that nazi eagle as a logo for his channel. Seems a bit out of place for a DL vlog.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Not really sure why he uses that nazi eagle as a logo for his channel. Seems a bit out of place for a DL vlog.
Maybe he is just trying to live in Walt’s footsteps…

Does Brickey ever do videos from meetings of the German American Bund?

Reactions: 5
I watched all of Mark’s WDW vids, my first exposure to him. I really liked him at first: attention to detail, wonderment. I saw a lot of things I’ve missed over the years. His constant telling us that he’s been to DL over 700 times was super annoying. He seems aggressive at times like he could haul of and pop someone. Also don’t like that he likes to find a hidden area to chill after the parks close instead of leaving so people can close the park down and go home. He kept commenting about places he would do that.

Fake humble, know it all, and hidden aggressiveness.

And I fully expect him to show up here. 😁

I have to check that out.
Yes, his 700 times comments were super irritating. Still not sure what to make of him as I haven't seen a ton of his videos. But his Expedition Everest was beyond odd. Like WTF? He left?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
You had my curiosity but now you have my attention:

What is the name of the Expedition Everest video?

Reactions: 3
Like I said in the BLOB thread, I respect Brickey’s video style and editing, it’s not earth shattering nor very technical it’s just a little different from everyone else doing Disney and that deserves credit. That being said…Brickey’s personality totally ruins most of his videos for me.

Seems very chill and normal but underneath it lies a very suppressed but extremely opinionated individual. I could do without the “outrage” histrionics when he sees something he doesn’t like (fish tanks at Living With The Land or riding Expedition Everest).

As far as his content goes, it’s very limited in scope and gets tired fast. How many times do we have to hear him regurgitate the Imagineer’s visual tricks that were implemented for scale, etc.? The tit isn’t rocket science. Sells himself as some kind of Disneyland expert but I have yet to learn anything in his videos that I didn’t already know and I’ve never stepped foot inside of Disneyland.

His WDW videos really exposed him for what he is. I was a fan initially but not anymore, don’t talk down to your audience.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I forgot to add something in my last post. The one thing that really turned me off to Brickey was him not knowing what the Magic Kingdom was called and other basic things about WDW. He claims to be a Disney parks expert but didn’t know what countries were in World Showcase or what was around what corner, etc. He admits to watching other WDW vlog videos but puts on the act as if he’s going into WDW completely blind and ignorant. Please bro…

Reactions: 6
I forgot to add something in my last post. The one thing that really turned me off to Brickey was him not knowing what the Magic Kingdom was called and other basic things about WDW. He claims to be a Disney parks expert but didn’t know what countries were in World Showcase or what was around what corner, etc. He admits to watching other WDW vlog videos but puts on the act as if he’s going into WDW completely blind and ignorant. Please bro…
I picked up a similar vibe of disingenuousness from the three of his Florida videos that I just finished (I know...shame on me).

He acts so shocked and surprised about what his eyes are seeing for the first time at the Orlando parks but has very calculated wordsmithed reactions of how to compliment or describe the structures (to keep the sense that he is the smartest man in the room).

Brickey, Pick your angle. You are either an expert that has researched all of the Disney Theme Parks and their design details or you are completely ignorant and exploring things for the first time.

Regardless, he could not have come off any softer in that Expedition Everest video. Ridiculous dramatic BS.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I picked up a similar vibe of disingenuousness from the three of his Florida videos that I just finished (I know...shame on me).

He acts so shocked and surprised about what his eyes are seeing for the first time at the Orlando parks but has very calculated wordsmithed reactions of how to compliment or describe the structures (to keep the sense that he is the smartest man in the room).

Brickey, Pick your angle. You are either an expert that has researched all of the Disney Theme Parks and their design details or you are completely ignorant and exploring things for the first time.

Regardless, he could not have come off any softer in that Expedition Everest video. Ridiculous dramatic BS.
100% agree. Dramatic, over sensitive and disingenuous. Did you catch any moments where he saw a “sight line” that overlapped another area of a park or a glimpse of a backstage building? He flips camera to himself……”Ohhh I don’t like that, points off for that Disney”. Brickey no like! Bad Disney!

I don’t know how old he is but he comes off as a soft, entitled, self absorbed millennial with an overinflated sense of himself and his knowledge base.

• Heart
I was really turned off to this guy after seeing him making absurd accusations on a Fresh Baked video a few months ago. It is the Fresh Baked video uploaded on Aug 13th
Holy tit the delusion is strong with that guy.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
If any of you have worked for a Corporate Company in the 90's/00's, they played these over-the-top cheesy sexual harassment training videos where there was no gray areas just blatant bad vignettes of cringing obvious sexual harassment in the work place situations.

Watching Brickey, it is almost that same vibe of over-the-top blatant bad vignettes that you would expect from a Community College Psychology 101 course demonstrating obvious Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
What is that strange ritual at the end of the video with him making sure every light is on inside the resort room and then walking through the closets and making sure they were open on both ends? Lol this dude has some serious issues. Sure does make for some entertaining human behavior study.

• Haha