Adults colouring

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was nice seeing a notification for this thread pop up on my Watch list today ☺ Mr B and I have started watching Happy Valley from the beginning. It's great but the stress is getting to me a bit 🤪 Think I'll need to pick up my colouring in books again to keep calm!
Just finished that the other night! Hope you enjoy it. I often finished an episode with a happy YouTube video to calm myself down 🤣

Reactions: 2
Ah im so glad i got a notification about this thread on my watch list im still colouring each weekend when i have the time im loving teresa goodridge books at the moment! And finally got myself rooms of wonder to!

I’ve always loved colouring since I was little. I’m 63 now and still love to colour with my grandkids!! 😀

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’ve had an epiphany, I love the really detailed colouring books like Kerby Rosanes but they’re quite scary. So I decided today to just put a colour down on a section and worry about shading later. I did the brown thing first before I thought of it but most of the rest of it I did on my lunch hour

87730EB8-EEE4-4C42-B20C-9427E7E261B1.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Its been so long since I coloured, an it's nice to see this thread become active again

I can't wait to see what you do @KitcRed the kerby books can be quite overwhelming at first glance

That's so lovely @anniemouse can't wait to see it all completed 😊

I've only done the one kerby page, I really need to try more of them

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Th
Its been so long since I coloured, an it's nice to see this thread become active again

I can't wait to see what you do @KitcRed the kerby books can be quite overwhelming at first glance

That's so lovely @anniemouse can't wait to see it all completed 😊

I've only done the one kerby page, I really need to try more of them
Thank you, they can be quite daunting

Reactions: 1
Th

Thank you, they can be quite daunting
I found the easiest way when I was doing the fish one was to concentrate on certain things first, I'd do all the lanterns then move onto the fish an do those, then do all the little flowers on the tree etc, seemed to help break it down a bit so it didn't feel as bad

Got out my Swatch book for my pencils an it's now reminded me why it was all put away in the first place 😫😂

• Haha
I found the easiest way when I was doing the fish one was to concentrate on certain things first, I'd do all the lanterns then move onto the fish an do those, then do all the little flowers on the tree etc, seemed to help break it down a bit so it didn't feel as bad
Yeah I think that’s the best way

I'm in hospital so not up for colouring anything fancy with shading and blending, just simple things to occupy my mind.

A question though. What pencils do people prefer for that kind of basic/simple colouring? I have really fancy, blendable ones but they are in a big, beautiful tin and a bit much for hospital and that kind of colouring. I have read the entirety of the thread but couldn't quite find my answer. Thank you!

20230424_181100.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I'm in hospital so not up for colouring anything fancy with shading and blending, just simple things to occupy my mind.

A question though. What pencils do people prefer for that kind of basic/simple colouring? I have really fancy, blendable ones but they are in a big, beautiful tin and a bit much for hospital and that kind of colouring. I have read the entirety of the thread but couldn't quite find my answer. Thank you!

View attachment 2132249
I hope you feel better soon ❤

That's so pretty, I love all the colours in it 😍 I've been enjoying the arrtx pencils, apparently they are supposed to be very similar to prismacolours but I don't have those so not sure how accurate it is, arteza as well is said to be similar, both are I'd say around middle price range an quite nice to blend with, arteza is more buttery than arrtx an both come in a range of different amounts, so you could get a small set to see how you feel

View attachment 2132249
Get well soon. I have Arteza pencils Snippysnips mentioned, I really like them. I also have a smaller set of them that came in a cardboard tube which might be handy for hospital.

Just finished that the other night! Hope you enjoy it. I often finished an episode with a happy YouTube video to calm myself down 🤣
So sorry, I just saw this comment! Haha, yes I watched the final episode then had a raging argument with OH due to the stress (and the wine I necked).

Should have stuck to colouring in 🤣
---

View attachment 2132249
Nice to see you here, Jelly 😊 I must admit I bought a big pack of pencils from The Works when I first started, along with a wee pencil case to keep them in. They do the job and keep me going when I get bursts of interest in my colouring in books.

That's a gorgeous butterfly. Which pencils did you use to achieve that effect? It looks fantastic!

That's a gorgeous butterfly. Which pencils did you use to achieve that effect? It looks fantastic!
Those pencils are just a big standard set from WhSmith that one of my children 'borrowed to' me and she now wants them back! Children, as sympathetic as always 😅

Will look at the Artexa ones mentioned, thank you.

Picked up my colouring supplies for the first time in ages tonight. Getting a bit scunnered with doom scrolling and my neck isn't very forgiving either.

Started on this more complicated book given to me at Christmas by Mr B. Usually I favour more straight forward patterns than this but no harm in giving it a wee go.

IMG_20230519_210017.jpg

Reactions: 3
Wow that is a LOT of details, I definitely can't wait to see it finished, I picked up a new book tonight as well from the works, it's a Disney vintage poster one so looking forward to trying that out

@Snippysnips I noticed that this is the image used on the book's cover as I was putting it away. So now I'm convinced that I've used the wrong colour scheme 🤣

I'm passing The Works today so will pop in for a look. If my feral toddler lets me 🤦‍♀️

Ahhh no such thing as wrong colour scheme 😊 use whatever you feel @smellsofbiscuits an I look forward to seeing it done

I've always liked the works, the town got rid of ours 😒 an I was in the city last night so decided to go in an see what I could get since I won't get near another anytime soon again

• Sad