Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

exiledmanccollo

Chatty Member
We were on the same flight to Orlando with them Gary C was looking around desperate for someone to notice him - why does he claim benefits again? Adam has an arse the size of a small country

• Haha
Reactions: 11

CdnGirl77

VIP Member
I will give it to him... he's boring but atleast he got up and to the park for early access for onsite guests and is giving accurate information and tips and showing Genie+ unlike Victoria and Lodge Guys. He's gone on more rides so far in the 15 mins I've watched than Vicky and Kate have done in two park days. lol

Scottishfalpal1

VIP Member
So Adam can fly upper class, pay for DVC, have numerous trips a year. I work 80 hours a week and cant even afford a standard seat to stay for a week. Definitely in the wrong job

Kitt

VIP Member
I just can’t get over how he’s like ‘I’m sooo happy to be hereeee!’ And all that like he’s been waiting years to come back. He went two months ago, he’s gonna do pretty much the same things the whole time. I just don’t understand that level of excitement to be back when he does the same trip several times a year.

Mark81

VIP Member
I don't have an issue with them going often, and I'm not jealous at all, it's not a life I'd want personally. Especially when so many of them seem to be running from something or just living a deluded life (disney in detail). But I do have issues with how they act when there or how they treat subscribers etc. It's quite a toxic community.

Mark81

VIP Member
I've been fortunate enough to stay in some five star hotels and disney 'luxury' doesn't come close to real luxury five star hotels. I'm a massive disney fan but their hotels are underwhelming, especially the higher up you go. You're paying for location, and it used to be for theming too. But the themes have got more watered down, I've had rooms in 3 and 4 star hotels similar to grand floridian and the other luxury disney hotel rooms

agathabeads

God he really does think he's the shit doesn't he? Like he runs a major company and pausing his videos actually matters.

Self-important tosser haha

• Haha

Mark81

VIP Member
The Grand Floridian is incredibly overhyped and over priced. It's not even close to luxury. It's a 4 star hotel at best trading off its location and customers fomo and snobbishness

Tabitha

VIP Member
He did buy a cross trainer (god knows how) between his last two trips. He planned on doing 1000 steps a day (lol that’s 10mins). But I guess he gave that up.

Wouldn’t it be nice if he popped out now and then and did a top up food shop for the family? He says it’s social anxiety but it’s not. It’s bespoke anxiety, he chooses when and how it affects him.

• Wow
Reactions: 10

jamesmaybe

Why I am still dumbfounded that, even when not making a vlog, there are not leaving the Disney bubble and seeing other things?! (Coming from someone who loves a trip to Disney!)
Imagine your job being literally to document Disney holidays, and then you take a Disney holiday as a break from your job of documenting Disney holidays, wut?

• Haha

Mark81

VIP Member
His obvious inaccurate comments I spotted were

* how busy the parks were
* early park hours not being worth it
* soft serve being new at DLP
* Manhattan Restaurant serving standard food and Rainforest Cafe being better
* Art of Marvel Hotel being 5 star alongside the Disneyland Hotel and being same price. It isn't, it's above Newport Bay but below the disneyland Hotel (and thats even before the refurb). He probably didn't like it as he can't afford to stay there now. Getting subtle hints that money maybe tighter these days.

agathabeads

Can someone copy-paste the anti-lgbt part of the bill for me? I'm confused what everyone is so upset about, and also why it's Disney's responsibility to do something about it too.
It's not Disney's "responsibility", it's about them hawking Pride merch whilst donating to politicians passing bills to make political points at the expense of LGBT kids and LGBT parents.

If they don't care then fine, but stop using Pride to make a buck and stop telling the community you've got their back.

And that's the last I'm commenting on it, this ain't a political forum and I'm not getting into a debate. (y)

Tabitha

VIP Member
Hi all!

I’m a first time poster on this thread but I’ve been familiar with Gary C for over a decade.

It first started in 2011/2012 when I used to watch The Skorpion Show, a YouTube channel where two gay black men from the housing projects of Philadelphia would discuss black pop culture news. Gary C caught my eye as his profile picture was the only white male face in the comments section (the channel must have had about 95% black American woman viewership - as well as mainstream pop culture, the show would focus on BET shows or scandals involving black megachurch pastors etc).

I would click on his profile picture and be fascinated by a grown man whose YouTube channel was dedicated to making and performing with Jim Henson-esque puppets. I’m sure he made a puppet introduction for one of the Skorpion Show videos at one point but I can’t find it. Weirdly, almost all evidence of the puppet era appears to have been deleted from Gary C’s channel but it’s still online if you really want to find it:
View attachment 1531141
View attachment 1531142

In the summer of 2013, Kevin (host of The Skorpion Show) came to London and who should be pride of place at the fan meet and greet but Gary C. He was the only white person there (and one of the only men) and I continued to be perplexed by why a 30-year-old white man from the Home Counties who made puppets in his spare bedroom had such an interest in this obscure YouTube channel. He seemed like the type of person that the hosts of the show would normally take the piss out of.

View attachment 1531143

Over the years, Gary C’s name would pop up everywhere. Every 18 months or so, I’d see him in the comments section of a random video on in a photo with a random YouTuber or randomly on Twitter. I never followed him or showed an interest but the man appeared to get around more times than the 64 bus. The devil worked hard but Gary C worked harder. He has even appeared in a video alongside the evil J*el W*od - the man who brought me to Tattle. (Hi @Venom!)

Imagine me surprise when I was scrolling through Tattle a few months ago and I saw Gary C’s name pop up in a thread title (this one)! I was intrigued that he had seemingly reinvented himself as a Disney Adult vlogger. Adam’s most recent Disneyland Paris video popped up on my recommended section yesterday and OH MY GOD. I was hooked.

It was like watching two outpatients from the local psychiatric ward being forced around a theme park against their will (whilst being told to document the whole thing on camera). The juxtaposition between their giddy outbursts and the general disdain of being there, the out of focus shots, the mundane commentary in retail store after retail store, the fact that this is Adam’s JOB and he appears to hate it. It was like something from Alan Partridge. The entire concept (very long episodes of unedited and poorly-shot footage) is so hideously dated - it’s like a travel vlog from 2009. I swiftly watched the Disney Wish series too (which wasn’t quite as tragic, unfortunately).

A few thoughts/questions:
  • I’ve only read this thread and not the previous 3 but someone said Gary C approached Adam at a Summer in the City event and that’s how they met? If so, I’m not surprised because my impression of Gary C over the last 10 years is that he’s a massive social climber and will get in with any YouTuber who’ll have him.
  • Excuse my ignorance but what exactly is Gary C’s situation? I take it that he has some unspecified leg issue that means he can’t work but can walk around theme parks and cruise ships for hours on end? Has he ever had a proper job? Or is it his mental health issues that prevent him from working? The puppet thing appeared to be quite successful - why did he stop it?
  • What’s Adam’s timeline/situation? I think there was reference in a video to him having worked for Disney in a park. Did he quit and now he just does random travel videos every few months?
  • I highly recommend this really sad and tragic documentary about Gary C. Alfie Deyes is in the comments section and everything:
youd love the Gary C thread https://tattle.life/threads/gary-c.25546/

His current situation is that he does nothing but lay in bed in his childhood room all day everyday … blames everything on anxiety. He doesn’t have actual leg issues, he is just so unused to walking that it’s a struggle for him when he has too.
Your post was so interesting. Always amazed me that he didn’t get into disney until his mid-30s.

Tabitha

VIP Member
If you’ve seen his lives, you’ll know that Gary C is always in bed looking unwell. He said he’s not going on that trip because the last one was too long and he needs to mentally recover. Also that he’s not into Disney as much as the other vloggers

i actually preferred it without Gary. They both act like clowns together. It’ll be interesting to see the view count in comparison.

queenamber

VIP Member
I thought that “concierge” room they at the Grand Floridian was a bit shit considering what he must have paid for it. Assuming he did pay. I mean it was nice but nothing special. Seems to me that when you get sucked into Disney theme parking the whole “is that worth it” part of the brain gets suppressed.
That pontoon with 10 empty seats. Billy no mates. He’s always too familiar with cast members too. You’re British, bitch. Be reserved and don’t talk to the staff 😏. I’m joking obviously but he is so try-hard and un-cool. It feels like he is trying to pull every male cast member he meets. Cringe.
I physically shrivel up with cringe when he talks to cast members and characters like they're best mates.

• Heart

Scottishfalpal1

VIP Member
“there will be a 2 week pause in my uploading schedule with respect to the funeral proceedings” lmao

I can just imagine Huw Edwards on the BBC News that evening:

“The funeral went off without a hitch, owing to Adam Hatton’s decision not to upload footage of him and Gary C having a moo moo sharoo around a Disney cruise ship. An OBE is expected in the New Year Honours”.
The royal family can relax to know Adam hattan won’t be showing his Disney holiday for the next two Sundays

• Haha