Actually Honest - skincare & makeup reviews #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm such a fool, I never realised EL Overnight Repair serum contained retinol! Never thought about it before!

Does anyone rate any Beauty Pie products? I’ve tried some in the past and love some of their body products but haven’t tried their skincare recently

I'm such a fool, I never realised EL Overnight Repair serum contained retinol! Never thought about it before!
I’ve been using a sample of it the past few weeks and my skin has been purging slightly, which made me check the ingredients lol.

Reactions: 1
Does anyone rate any Beauty Pie products? I’ve tried some in the past and love some of their body products but haven’t tried their skincare recently
Yes the Japanfusion cleanser and super healthy skin moisture lotion I buy on repeat. I also quite like the Japanfusion light moisturiser (in summer) and the pure oxygen moisturiser too. Also the SPF. As with everything I think a lot of Beauty Pie is personal preference-I hear a lot of good things about certain products (eg cleansers) which I just don’t rate/like. If you are looking for makeup-the cream eyeshadow sticks are a Bobbi Brown dupe and are excellent.

Does anyone have an advice on growing your lashes? I’ve heard latisse but that’s hard to get in the UK and I’ve heard it changes your eye colour which I don’t want. Any other suggestions?
---

Had a hydrafacial today with a different girl than usual, facial was great but she did not rate my current skincare routine 😬 and kept saying she would “only ever use medical grade products”. But she gave me a sample of Skinceuticals intense hyaluronic acid so that was nice.

Also. I think I’m going to take the plunge and get Botox after my next hydrafacial. I’ll be almost 31 so it’s probably time!
Medical Grade Skincare is kinda misleading and a myth. I hate it when estheticians say these things.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Does anyone have an advice on growing your lashes? I’ve heard latisse but that’s hard to get in the UK and I’ve heard it changes your eye colour which I don’t want. Any other suggestions?
---

Medical Grade Skincare is kinda misleading and a myth. I hate it when estheticians say these things.
Revitalash is great - it’s worked wonders on mine. It contains bimatoprost which is the generic term for latisse (and it basically keeps your lashes in the growth phase of the cycle for longer). It’s expensive but worth it, although the skin on my eyelids is definitely darker from using it.

I keep thinking about switching to UK Lash because of the price difference but worried it won’t work as well!

Had a hydrafacial today with a different girl than usual, facial was great but she did not rate my current skincare routine 😬 and kept saying she would “only ever use medical grade products”. But she gave me a sample of Skinceuticals intense hyaluronic acid so that was nice.

Also. I think I’m going to take the plunge and get Botox after my next hydrafacial. I’ll be almost 31 so it’s probably time!
I’ve only heard of hydra facials on here and I’m so intrigued, did you rate it?

---

The ordinary do a lash regrowth product now - it’s about £13 for a tube

Can someone tell me whether this cleansing routine is too much please? I don't wear make up at all, wear moisturiser and SPF during the day if I remember (I'm working on it - although not sure which to put on first?), and vitamin C cream at night.

1 - body shop camomile cleansing butter
2 - body shop vitamin E cream cleanser
3 - inkey list hyaluronic acid

Twice a week I use inkey list glycolic acid toner after this.

It feels like a lot and although my skin is getting a bit better, I still have quite a few breakouts and redness from old spots, and I'm paranoid I'm damaging it somehow? I don't really want to get into anything with loads of steps because I won't stick to it, so I'm not expecting the best results ever, but you all seem to know a lot more than me and I don't have anyone irl to ask!

Can someone tell me whether this cleansing routine is too much please? I don't wear make up at all, wear moisturiser and SPF during the day if I remember (I'm working on it - although not sure which to put on first?), and vitamin C cream at night.

1 - body shop camomile cleansing butter
2 - body shop vitamin E cream cleanser
3 - inkey list hyaluronic acid

Twice a week I use inkey list glycolic acid toner after this.

It feels like a lot and although my skin is getting a bit better, I still have quite a few breakouts and redness from old spots, and I'm paranoid I'm damaging it somehow? I don't really want to get into anything with loads of steps because I won't stick to it, so I'm not expecting the best results ever, but you all seem to know a lot more than me and I don't have anyone irl to ask!
If you’re not wearing any makeup just the one cleanse should be enough to remove the SPF. I would slot the glycolic acid in straight after cleansing then use the hyaluronic acid and then a cream.

eta SPF is the last step so moisturiser then SPF :)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
For any pigmentation gals out there you might find this useful. I posted here back in September I think, when I had just seen someone about having IPL done for pigmentation under my eyes and she told me she wouldn’t do it because in her eyes it was melasma and IPL would make it worse. I decided to invest in really good clinical skincare and am so happy with where I am today. It probably has a lot to do with it being winter too and so the appearance of the pigmentation has lightened but I can go honestly say it’s all gone.
The products I used and swear by and will never again be without are as follows 👇

- Image illuma intense brightening exfoliating cleanser
Followed by
-Murad revitalixir recover serum
Followed by
- Murad rapid age spot correcting serum
Followed by
- either Alumier Eventone brightening facial serum or Paula’s Choice discolouration repair serum (I would alternate every few nights and sometimes use something more gentle like LRP cicaplast serum just for repair and hydration)
Followed by
- either Image Vital C hydrating overnight mask or Image Ageless total overnight retinol mask (or on the nights I felt my skin needed hydration I would lather it in Dermalogica multivitamin power repair mask)

I can honestly say - bar the eye allergy issue I’ve had recently which was the result of an olay cleanser - that my skin has never been better. I have literally no pigmentation anymore, like zero! I know this is an expensive routine but I invested because I was so desperate and down about it and just d decided to buy the right ingredients to treat the issue and can safely say I am so happy that I did. Btw this was my night time routine only as during the day I just use an inky list moisturiser and SPF.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Has anyone used Lumene?
I have a trial size of the night cream and it seems really good so far

Revitalash is great - it’s worked wonders on mine. It contains bimatoprost which is the generic term for latisse (and it basically keeps your lashes in the growth phase of the cycle for longer). It’s expensive but worth it, although the skin on my eyelids is definitely darker from using it.

I keep thinking about switching to UK Lash because of the price difference but worried it won’t work as well!
I used UK lash last year and it made my eyelashes so long, but I ran out and couldn’t afford another tube so now they’re short again. I’ve been using the ordinary lash serum for a month now to see if it’s any good as it’s a lot cheaper than the bigger brands , so far no change but I think it takes around 3 months to see a difference to lash growth

If you’re not wearing any makeup just the one cleanse should be enough to remove the SPF. I would slot the glycolic acid in straight after cleansing then use the hyaluronic acid and then a cream.

eta SPF is the last step so moisturiser then SPF :)
Fab thank you! Which of the cleansers would you stick with?

I’ve only heard of hydra facials on here and I’m so intrigued, did you rate it?
Love them! They’re really good at clearing the congestion on my forehead and chin/jaw. My skin feels soo fresh and clean after. The only downside is the price but I really have never found anything that gives as good results!
---

Hi has anyone used this I’m look for a concealer for mature skin that don’t go in creases and don’t make me look like a panda 🐼 thank you 😊
The Nars creamy concealer is really good! Apparently the L’Oreal one with the sponge is also very good for the price but I’ve never tried it myself.

To caveat - I don’t have mature skin but I do have beginnings of crows feet/wrinkly eyes from being tired all the time 😩

Last edited:
Love them! They’re really good at clearing the congestion on my forehead and chin/jaw. My skin feels soo fresh and clean after. The only downside is the price but I really have never found anything that gives as good results!
---

The Nars creamy concealer is really good! Apparently the L’Oreal one with the sponge is also very good for the price but I’ve never tried it myself.

To caveat - I don’t have mature skin but I do have beginnings of crows feet/wrinkly eyes from being tired all the time 😩
Thank you, I might have to get booked in 🙊 easily persuaded!

• Heart
What’s everyone’s favourite facial sunscreen? I’ve used tropic and ZO and both broke me out quite badly!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.