Actually Honest - skin care and make up reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello! I’ve just popped over from the pretty dishonest thread (which I love).

I want to love beauty pie but have found all of the products underwhelming. The candles smelt like glade air freshener 😂.

Have any of you found a product from them which is superior to a highstreet brand version?
The Japanfusion cleanser is fantastic. I’m a little massive cleanser addict so it really shocked me with just how good it was. Also love their vitamin serum, lip oils, and face powder. The rest is a work in progress

Reactions: 2
Hello! I’ve just popped over from the pretty dishonest thread (which I love).

I want to love beauty pie but have found all of the products underwhelming. The candles smelt like glade air freshener 😂.

Have any of you found a product from them which is superior to a highstreet brand version?
I think one pot wonder (the face powder) is possibly better than high street. Other than that no. However, I like the offering as it’s quite a fun way to interact with make up when you don’t have time to shop in person.

Any recommendations of a good spf 30+ day cream which doesn’t clog pores and sits well under make up? More budget end as I get through it quickly. I used to use Simple’s one but it’s clogging my skin a bit.

Reactions: 1
IMO the eyeshadow sticks are as good as Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier and better than Chanel. I prefer the Plantastic Cleansing Balm to Emma Hardie ( which I find too scented). I really love the Japanfusion serum and am on my third bottle. I have dry and sometimes sensitive skin and it feels great on it and adds much needed hydration.

Any recommendations of a good spf 30+ day cream which doesn’t clog pores and sits well under make up? More budget end as I get through it quickly. I used to use Simple’s one but it’s clogging my skin a bit.
Altruist do the best value suncream I've ever come across (think its quite charitable - but not glitzy enough for old Sal.)

Skincare wise I really rate Dr Sam Bunting's youtube videos - yes she has her own product range but its upfront and she has some great advice beyond her products.

Oh I almost ordered some, which did you dislike and I'll stay away (or are they all cheap and nasty?)

Reactions: 3
IMO the eyeshadow sticks are as good as Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier and better than Chanel. I prefer the Plantastic Cleansing Balm to Emma Hardie ( which I find too scented). I really love the Japanfusion serum and am on my third bottle. I have dry and sometimes sensitive skin and it feels great on it and adds much needed hydration.
The eyeshadow sticks go on great and have lots of pigment. However, I’ve found that they wear off quite fast. But that might just be my skin!!

I think one pot wonder (the face powder) is possibly better than high street. Other than that no. However, I like the offering as it’s quite a fun way to interact with make up when you don’t have time to shop in person.

Have you tried Biore watery essence? If you buy from YesStyle it’s free shipping to the UK if you spend over £30. I think it’s £7 a tube but they often have promotions. It’s so lightweight.

Reactions: 4
The eyeshadow sticks go on great and have lots of pigment. However, I’ve found that they wear off quite fast. But that might just be my skin!!
I bought one eyeshadow stick and I find it doesn’t even blend it, just smudges straight off! :cry: Could just be my skin too

They're great on my skin. I usually add a touch of eyeshadow on top for longevity and a different look but I have worn them by themselves with no primer too.

Altruist do the best value suncream I've ever come across (think its quite charitable - but not glitzy enough for old Sal.)

Skincare wise I really rate Dr Sam Bunting's youtube videos - yes she has her own product range but its upfront and she has some great advice beyond her products.

Oh I almost ordered some, which did you dislike and I'll stay away (or are they all cheap and nasty?)
I will definitely buy some altruist stuff. What a great company with good credentials. Plus a very worthwhile cause to support. Albinos desperately need more support and public awareness.

Oooooh thanks - that’s good to hear because I’m very lazy with daytime routine so one of these and some mascara in handbag could be good.

Oooooh thanks - that’s good to hear because I’m very lazy with daytime routine so one of these and some mascara in handbag could be good.
My repeat purchases are Brazillionaire, Wild Violet and Goldie. I was disappointed with En Taupe which was quite orangey and not the taupe I was expecting.

Oh no I’m sorry! I want to back-pedal now... I tried the Ambre Santal and beeswax flowers.
Just checked and they don’t stock either at the moment so maybe I just chose the worse ones!

The Clean House candle was nice but I'm not sure if I'd rebuy. Their suggested price is close to Diptyque and IMO they aren't as good as Clinique. I also have the Fig perfume which is nice and fresh. It's very much a summer or work scent but it doesn't last very long and I think the RRP is massively inflated. I really like the SPF25 for my non summer SPF. If it was SPF30 I'd wear it all year round. The whole Japanfusion range is lovely but the serum is the standout for me. I like the Retinol range too.

Re above I wrote Clinique by mistake instead of Diptyque.

Not sure if this link will work as it’s from reddit:

This is an info graphic about some sunscreens and how they performed IRL

Reactions: 4

I love this supergoop sunscreen.

Been using The Ordinary retinoid in squaline (Sali's fav!) and think my skin has improved. Looks fresher or something.
I have to say - squaline is really amazing. I’ve been adding a couple of drops to morning moisturiser which helps with the tretinoin flaking.

Does anyone else here use tretinoin?

I like squalane, I use the Indeed one from Boots.

What’s a good tretinoin and where did you buy yours?

Missed my glossier delivery yesterday. *Luckily* my son was up super early so managed to get to post office pre 7 to collect it.

Not disappointed. Don't want to be too eager since I've only had the stuff on my face for 15 mins but I am feeling myself today! The stretch concealer is perfection. I'd sent a picture of myself for them to match and the colour is perfect (G11).

Cloud paint (beam) very pretty. Popped some on my eyes too.

Boy brow looks like a miniature but it's working for me! First time I've done make up with no eyebrow pencil in years!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.