Actually Honest - skin care and make up reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good idea! I’ve not tried glossier. Have been sucked in to beauty pie. It’s a bit hit & miss.

I've been given as presents #gifted the Japan-Fusion cleanser and the Brazilian Lime Figleaf and Tea perfume. Both are lovely. But I've not felt moved to get a BP subscription.

Reactions: 1
I am keen to try the vitamin c serum in capsules from BeautyPie. Has anyone tried these?

Reactions: 2
If anyone would like to use my code for 10% off Glossier (I'd get referral credit too) I'd be forever grateful! https://re.glossier.com/74ccd611
I love the Skin Tint ( in the summer) cloud paint and the fantastic Stretch Concealer which seems to last for ages. I've been using mine daily since November 2017 and have only just hit pan!

Reactions: 3
I'm quite taken with Katie Jane Hughe's enthusiasm about Stretch Concealer..... I may go in when my current Benefit one runs out - thank you, I will try and remember to use your code.

Ahhh. So annoyed I didn't use one of your codes!

I've got high hopes for the stretch concealer. Will report back immediately.

Tried beauty pie one but got the completely wrong colour. Glossier will colour match a photo of you and you can return/replace if it's wrong. Great start in terms of customer service!

I love a skincare thread :wizened:.

I’ve tried some Glossier stuff. (My skin is dryish and dehydratedish, and 41ish. Not particularly sensitive.)

- Boy Brow in Clear is excellent (the tinted ones might be too, but my eyebrows are shite). It has some welly to it.

- I HATED the milky jelly cleanser. It’s one of the only products ever that I haven’t been able to use up somehow.

- The Cloud Paints are really nice.

- Do not, I repeat, not, buy that acid toner they sell. It’s disgusting, and it gave me big, cystic spots.

- I hear really good things about the Stretch concealer, but only if you don’t have a lot to conceal. Reviews seem to say it’s very sheer (but also doesn’t settle into fine lines, etc.)

On the whole, I’d buy makeup from these guys, but not skincare.

The stretch concealer is so good because I can use it on my dry under eyes and around my nose and it doesn't crease or cake.

I love Beauty Pie and have bought quite a bit .

I love their cleansers; Japan Fusion and Jeju. I like their make up; a contour gel for a summer blush and mascara.

The perfume smells nice on me and I’ve got the Vitamin C and retinol serum, I’d say I’m undecided about the vitamin c but I’ve only had it a couple of weeks.

I'm quite taken with Katie Jane Hughe's enthusiasm about Stretch Concealer..... I may go in when my current Benefit one runs out - thank you, I will try and remember to use your code.
KJH is a star 🌟.

I've been a Beauty Pie subscriber since the beginning. They have some fantastic items and some duds. I particularly love the Plantastic Cleansing Balm, the Japanfusion serum, the SPF ( although I wish it was 30 rather than 25) the fantastic eyeshadow sticks and the One Powder Wonder. I was very disappointed by the ten neutral eyeshadow palette ( no pigment) the taupe fantasticolour eye pencil ( no pigment) and the new Hourglass inspired blusher palette ( no pigment, really shimmery and nothing like the Hourglass ambient blushers which many customers will be thinking they are getting a dupe of).

I am keen to try the vitamin c serum in capsules from BeautyPie. Has anyone tried these?
I’ve got the vitamin c capsules. I have sensitive, combination, 30something, white skin. I have not been wowed by them.

The lipstick is really good. The wonder colour shadow sticks are good but not as amazing as Sali made out. The foundation has a narrow colour range and I found it patchy and drying. The one pot wonder powder is really good and I’ve got on well with the powder blush.

Still to try the Japan fusion cleanser and the enzyme facial.

I made my first Beauty Pie order 2 weeks ago .
Here’s what I ordered :

Plantastic moisturising balm - love it ! Next time will add Plantastic cleansing balm to my order .

JapanFusion cleanser - love it !

And from make up I got their foundation, lipstick ( very impressed with the pigmentation , stays for a very long time )and highlighter cream - all very good !

Can’t wait to my next allowance to try out more products!

Another vote for stretch concealer. I bought Glossier cleanser - Ok ish but nothing to write home about. I have cloud paint as well and like that. I have some Beauty Pie products - particularly like the eye retinal cream

The stretch concealer is so good because I can use it on my dry under eyes and around my nose and it doesn't crease or cake.
Exactly what I'm wanting to hear. I have dry under eyes and physical sunken bags (I've had them since birth) so I can never fully conceal because there will always be an actual shadow. A hydrating concealer that doesn't dry or crease is my dream.

For anyone else with dry eyes, I haven't found an eye cream that can match Eucerin Hyaluron Filler. Only one that stops my eyes flaking. And it's always on offer in boots.

Beauty pie - I also love japanfusion cleanser and supreme cream. Jeju overnight moisture infusion is super moisturizing- to the point it's still on my face and needs washed off in the morning.

I got the samples of the foundation but didn't get on with it. The colour is good (I'm yellow undertoned pale white) but also found it drying. Had high hopes too.

My go to skin coverage is Rodial skin tint. I have it in the colour Hamptons for summer and just got New York for rest of the year. It's not good if you like heavier coverage but it's fab for just blurring stuff and making you look fresher and a bit more polished. Not cheap at £45 but they often have 20% off and you can get great bargains in their clearance. Totally love their stem cell cleanser and it's a really calming mask too.

Oh and for SPF, supergoop everyday sunscreen SPF50 is perfect! It goes on like a moisturiser (could use instead of moisturiser) and smells so good. I used to get it from USA but recently found it available in the UK online.

Last edited:
I had a trial subscription with Beauty Pie way back but wasn’t too impressed with anything I tried, except their brushes. Might give it another go based on some of these recommendations. There seem to be a lot more products now.

Does anyone have a beauty pie refer a friend code? I am keen to try after hearing great things about a few products

Hello! I’ve just popped over from the pretty dishonest thread (which I love).

I want to love beauty pie but have found all of the products underwhelming. The candles smelt like glade air freshener 😂.

Have any of you found a product from them which is superior to a highstreet brand version?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.