Actually Honest - skin care and make up reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On another note. Just been to my local TkMaxx and picked up a foreo luna mini for £39,99. They had the bigger one for £60
Worth a look if you're thinking of buying them. Put one away for my daughters Christmas.
Are the Foreos any good? I really want one, but worried it's all hyped up for no reason.

Reactions: 1
Does anyone here use a heated styling brush? If money was no object I would try the GHD glide but I think I’d rather try a budget option. I looked in Aldi just in case they had the one I’ve heard people talk about but no joy!

Are the Foreos any good? I really want one, but worried it's all hyped up for no reason.
I've never tried it. I used to have a clarisonic which I liked. I don't think I'd pay £100 for it but for £40 in tkmaxx i'm willing to take the punt. Giving it to my mum to give me for Christmas, so I wont be able to review till then.I think some other members have maybe used it.
I love a facial massage but the facial place I went to is us to £82 a treatment, so that's nt longer affordable regularly. hoping this fills the void a little lol

For anyone with spot prone and oily skin I can really reccomend the ordinary niacinamide and 100% squalane. I have been using for 2 weeks and my skin is the best it's ever been. I've just been using them with normal cleanser or face scrub. With the squalane you only need a tiny bit and I only use if my skin feels dry.
Niacinamide is such a wonder product. I suffered horrible spots around my jawline/chin for years and years, tried everything to no avail. Used niacinamide daily for two weeks, skin clear since bar an occasional manageable spot. I don’t use it daily anymore (too lazy/forgetful) but will always have it in my arsenal.

Btw The Ordinary has 23% off for the month of November... dangerous :p

Reactions: 2
Another vote for niacinamide! I was suffering horribly with rosacea and used it as a last resort with some other stuff so my skin didn't dry out. Worked a treat and no scarring left behind.

Oh oh. That's too tempting.

Reactions: 2
Niacinamide is such a wonder product. I suffered horrible spots around my jawline/chin for years and years, tried everything to no avail. Used niacinamide daily for two weeks, skin clear since bar an occasional manageable spot. I don’t use it daily anymore (too lazy/forgetful) but will always have it in my arsenal.

Re-ordered it yesterday! I've heard it's beneficial to use it in conjunction with retinols (I think it was Dr Sam Bunting)

I've been struggling to get my Rosacea under control and have been prescribed Soolantra (ivermectin) cream.
I'm only a few days into using it but hopeful for good results.
can I ask how you got on with this? Same problem myself x

Re-ordered it yesterday! I've heard it's beneficial to use it in conjunction with retinols (I think it was Dr Sam Bunting)
Yes although it also increases the chances of irritation (even if you can use each product separately with no issues) so go easy.

Should also clarify it’s 23% off all Deciem brands not just TO.. even more dangerous.

I have just discovered TO and I am HOOKED!

My skin has always been oily hut lately my make up was sliding off my face come 11am and since using TO products, it’s been a dream!

I have also been using NIOD sanskrit saponins cleanser every other day which is a great product for oily skin, has anyone else tried it?

Some things that I have found recently and liked:

A dupe for Lisa Eldridge Velvet Myth lipstick - GOSH Matt velvet touch lipstick 010 in 'Smoothie'. It's identical - I find it long-lasting and non-drying. It's also not a 'flat' matt. It's great.

NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint - goes on really nicely with fingetips, actually minimises pores (no primer needed) and dries into a natural your-skin-but-better finish with no need for setting powder. has staying power. Medium coverage. Again, not a flat matte, but you can add a bit of glowy highlighter if you want to. I love this stuff. Have been trying a few different foundations recently and this one is by far the best for me. Mature skin, but still prone to the odd spot. The online reviews are mixed, so it's obviously not for everyone but I can't find fault with it.

Hi everyone, first time posting on this thread. I'm after some advice please.

I've been using Pixi Glow Tonic for the last year or so but don't really notice much from it so this week I bought TO Lactic Acid 10% and their Granactive Retinol 5% (I think).

I used the LA last night and despite feeling a bit burny today my face looks great. When should I introduce the retinol? I was gonna wait a good few days before doing the LA again.

Also any reccs for a good face zinc SPF?

I've been using Pixi Glow Tonic for the last year or so but don't really notice much from it so this week I bought TO Lactic Acid 10% and their Granactive Retinol 5% (I think).

I used the LA last night and despite feeling a bit burny today my face looks great. When should I introduce the retinol? I was gonna wait a good few days before doing the LA again.
Think you should start with the ordinary's 2% retinol before introducing the 5%. It's fine to use at the same time as the lactic acid. Do you do a serum in-between though? Like Buffet or an equivalent.

I use the Granactive Retinol 2% every other night, alternating with the Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3%.

Think you should start with the ordinary's 2% retinol before introducing the 5%. It's fine to use at the same time as the lactic acid. Do you do a serum in-between though? Like Buffet or an equivalent.

I use the Granactive Retinol 2% every other night, alternating with the Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3%.
It is the 2% I bought, I just checked 🙈 ok great, I'll try the retinol tomorrow night.
No, I don't, well I use Sunday Riley CEO Glow (I don't know if that's more an oil than a serum?) is Buffet good?
Thanks for your help ☺

It is the 2% I bought, I just checked 🙈 ok great, I'll try the retinol tomorrow night.
No, I don't, well I use Sunday Riley CEO Glow (I don't know if that's more an oil than a serum?) is Buffet good?
Thanks for your help ☺
Buffet is great - I think the original one, not the copper peptides one is better. Depends on your age and skin type though.

The Timeless Vit C 20% + E Ferulic Acid is supposed to be good, but I've never tried it.

You use your serum after toners and before oily things.

Hi everyone, first time posting on this thread. I'm after some advice please.

Also any reccs for a good face zinc SPF?
10% lactic might be a bit strong to start with, you may be better off beginning with the 5% and build up to the 10%.

Has anyone a good recommendation for hormonal spots around the jawline? I was using Alpha H Vitamin A and Evening Primrose Oil. Have ran out and they're back with avengence. I'll buy it again as it helped but wondering if anyone had other (hopefully cheaper) options?

I've also bought some more of TO to play with. Mandelic Acid 10% + HA, EUK 134 0.1%, 100% Plant-Derived Squalane, and Buffet. Tried Buffet first and really impressed. My skin is definitely brighter and smoother after two weeks. That is staying in my new routine. The mandelic acid is supposed to be great on hands.
Have you tried the Buffet with Copper included in it? it's fantastic, as is the Glycolic Acid Toner

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.