Actually Honest - skin care and make up reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am doing this too @PineappleQueen19 . Trying to do it with clothes and cosmetics.

Tattle has honestly helped do much as it has revealed the reality behind some of the content I was exposing myself to which was making me feel I needed to keep up.

Reactions: 6
I moved house a while ago and I found a load of bags of skincare. I had gone through an awful phase of just buying stuff. Anyway I now am working my way through those bags (merrily ignoring best by dates) and just now refuse to keep buying products. I've realised they are mostly incredibly similar and my face tends to look the same as long I look after it. I do care about what I look like but like @Carryonnursing am trying to stop buying into the hype of buying more and more and more.

Reactions: 6
I’m impressed with Laura Kennedy’s work in The ST Style mag today - she is currently acting beauty editor for them and has a double page spread on foundation for super pale skin (she’s Irish) - she has a lovely writing style and the recs are a good mix of high and low end.

And Sarah Jossel’s column is great too (as ever) - about good actives to use for this time of year. She mentions Avon’s new vegan vit c shot powder is getting rave reviews and Dr Sam has released an all-in-one night serum with retinoid, azelaic, bakuchiol and niacinamide. Interesting to see the move away from layering singular actives a la The Ordinary, Inkey List.

Reactions: 5
I have just been working my way through this thread.... Over the past year I actually downsized massively. My favourite spot treatment is actually sudocrem - if it just a slight scar, neat lavender oil.

It is scary the amount of money I used to spend :( My skin always breaks out before my period and I have realised there is nothing I can do about it

Reactions: 3
I have just been working my way through this thread.... Over the past year I actually downsized massively. My favourite spot treatment is actually sudocrem - if it just a slight scar, neat lavender oil.

It is scary the amount of money I used to spend :( My skin always breaks out before my period and I have realised there is nothing I can do about it
good old favourite sudocrem never without a tub!! I’ve found Germolene is also really good for those under the skin spots that bloody kill!

She’s already said it’s old news, known about it for ages. Thanks for knowing about it for ages but still shilling their products to us, “mate”.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Funny how when you have money to spend on beauty they are the highest authority. When something goes awry in the industry it’s “don’t shoot the messenger” :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
These days being a bit skint I'm using up all my old stuff (which actually is fine tbh) but I did splash out in Asda on a Vit C serum. I'm not sure if the range is new but I hadn't seen it before. Bright orange packaging. £2.50. So far I'm loving it. Be warned it is quite runny but I like that. A little goes a very long way. It is so moisturising I don't even use a moisturiser after it which is unheard of and my foundation is absolutely fine. Not sure what else is in the range - I saw a face wash and exfoliator and also a gel moisturiser. I cannot get on with gel moisturisers at all. They always seem 'tacky' on me so I didn't get it.
I have looked again for the serum to stock up but others obviously have the same idea. It smells nice too - a bit citrussy.

Reactions: 1
These days being a bit skint I'm using up all my old stuff (which actually is fine tbh) but I did splash out in Asda on a Vit C serum. I'm not sure if the range is new but I hadn't seen it before. Bright orange packaging. £2.50. So far I'm loving it. Be warned it is quite runny but I like that. A little goes a very long way. It is so moisturising I don't even use a moisturiser after it which is unheard of and my foundation is absolutely fine. Not sure what else is in the range - I saw a face wash and exfoliator and also a gel moisturiser. I cannot get on with gel moisturisers at all. They always seem 'tacky' on me so I didn't get it.
I have looked again for the serum to stock up but others obviously have the same idea. It smells nice too - a bit citrussy.
order it online:https://groceries.asda.com/product/...tamin-c-radiance-boosting-serum/1000114612732

She’s already said it’s old news, known about it for ages. Thanks for knowing about it for ages but still shilling their products to us, “mate”.
Her own insta describes herself as an 'activist' lololol can she have any less self awareness after admitting to covering up industry lies to protect her income?

Here is another Sali Hughes spin off thread for anyone interested. It’s a place to collate any alternative media/culture which is *actually* honest/thoughtful/funny/refreshing/relevant/moving

You get the idea.... basically what the pool hoped to be. Anything you come across and enjoy, please share! We seem quite similar in some tastes and recommendations are always a pleasure! If you’re like me it’s hard to keep on top of everything there is and it’s a job to wade through it all to find something worthwhile!

@lipsticktaser is that the one where you answer loads of questions to get a prescription? Like curology? I signed up and answered all the questions and they never suggested tretinoin, no matter what my answers were!

For anyone with dry skin, I’ve just tried the holy snails face oil and it is amazing. So smoothing and soaks in really quickly. It’s rarely in stock but you can go on the wait list.

I think it’s a small independent company started by a redditor who was obsessed with skincare. I also use the 10% niacinamide serum and that seems to be helping with evening out skin tone and minimising irritation from tretinoin.

@Carryonnursing - that’s the one.
Took the plunge and signed up. I’ve got acne and some dark spots. They’ve gave me the tret, hydroquinone mix.
Will report back in how it goes.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.