Actually Honest - skin care and make up reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had the Bravura glycolic acid last year and it was great to start with, then I went off it but can’t remember why. I will have a look at The Ordinary, thanks!

I use their sensitive facial moisturiser as my day to day one on top of any serum or more active product that I’m using. It’s really soothing and seems to do the job. It’s also great value as it’s a big bottle. I’m planning to switch to their cleansers too, although not decided which one. I also use their rosehip oil. It seems to be good but, obviously, it’s a gentle ingredient so I wasn’t expecting something dramatic. It doesn’t clog my pores. I actually only used their mask as a family member left it at my house and I saw an immediate result in terms of glowiness. I think their products are great and they don’t make any ridiculous claims.
Thank you!

Reactions: 1
Great thread!

I'd like to make a couple of skincare recommendations for those like me with combination/oily skin that gets dehydrated easily.

Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream and Chok Chok Watery Essence, both by Tony Moly. Very light and moisturising without being heavy.

You can get them from Beauty Bay but I find it's cheaper to order them on ebay (if you don't mind waiting). Both lovely and I have repurchased several times!

Make up wise, I have just bought NYX born to glow foundation and it's really lovely! Only a tenner.

Reactions: 2
Btw what are the clarins products you guys rate? I’m restocking the face oil but might try something else too and get the free gift. I’m a sucker I know.

No7 cleansing balm is AMAZING I get it when its 3 for 2 and that will last me months and months even with daily use.
Is this good for first cleanse to remove makeup? I currently use the Clinique one and I do love it but it's pricey! No7 would be a cheaper option. I've tried the body shop camomile one and didn't rate that much.

Is this good for first cleanse to remove makeup? I currently use the Clinique one and I do love it but it's pricey! No7 would be a cheaper option. I've tried the body shop camomile one and didn't rate that much.
Are you wanting a balm or an oil? The simple cleansing oil is really good for a first cleanse

Yes it even gets rid of my waterproof mascara. I can't fault it. I have tried so many cleansing balms as I love the texture of them but nothing has come close to the no7 one for me

Are you wanting a balm or an oil? The simple cleansing oil is really good for a first cleanse
No7 do a cleansing oil also. The old one was brilliant but they changed the formula recently and I dont find it as good anymore.

Btw what are the clarins products you guys rate? I’m restocking the face oil but might try something else too and get the free gift. I’m a sucker I know.
I don’t rate any of their skin care but the concealer is brilliant.

I've been thinking about my most repurchased skincare items and it's Heliocare advanced gel SPF 50. I've bought at least 4 tubes and I think I'm done experimenting with SPF creams (it says "gel", but is more of a cream). For reference: normal/combination skin, sensitive and usually reacts to almost anything. This sits well under makeup, and I skip moisturiser when wearing it.

Reactions: 4
My hair is very fine and floppy so gets greasy at the front from touching it. I like Body Shop ginger shampoo but I think it’s expensive and it frustrates me that they don’t do a bigger bottle.
I recently bought a dupe for the Body Shop banana shampoo & conditioner from B&M for £1 each - I think the brand was called Xpel Hair Care.
The also did a ginger shampoo and conditioner!

hi,
I'm really after some help.
I'm 45 very nearly 46. In my 20s and 30s i had lovely skin, but i used expensive products,had monthly facials, zero stress etc.
For the last few years I've really let myself go.
I've now got wrinkles, spots, dry skin, congestion, enlarges pores, random hairs - all set for halloween!

i really want to sort myself out, because quite frankly its making me depressed and i think some self care will make me look and feel better.

id really like to use non plastic, animal friendly, kind products.

can someone advise me? i feel clueless.
thank you.
Evolve organic skincare, maybe? They sell smaller sizes to test out, and are a UK company, glass packaging but not completely plastic free, and vegan (so no animal testing either). Their website goes into more detail about their ingredients and packaging.

another really good simple brand like the ordinary/inkey list)
ive been using the salicylic acid cleanser from the inkey list and the beta hydroxy acid and hands down it’s the best stuff I’ve ever used. Completely cleared my skin up.
I haven’t had a spot in months.

Reactions: 4
I have another request - years ago I bought a solid perfume stick from bargain corner on HQ Hair, it was lime ginger and coconut, and it was bloody lovely. I’d like to get something similar - any suggestions? I’m contemplating making my own with Library of Fragrance...also love the sound of Origins Ginger but can’t find anywhere to test it.

Tretinoin is the vitamin A cream or gel which is the strong form of retinol. In England it’s a prescription cream, presumably because there are some important warnings like you should not use it during pregnancy.

There is heaps of evidence to back up its ability to prevent wrinkles and even reverse some superficial ones. That’s born out in anecdotal reports as well.

I buy mine from an online pharmacy and I use a generic brand. Have been using it for 18 months or so and absolutely love it. It’s over the counter in some European countries.

It’s usually less than £10/tube and it lasts a good 2-3 months as you have to really ease in to avoid skin irritation!

Is not glam in the slightest but the results are incredible. I expect it’s had quite a big impact on sali’s hooded eyes as it really seems to firm up the skin.
can you link me to the Tretinoin please? 🙂

Attachments

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.