Actors/Actresses who peaked too early

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There was a couple of series of the iCarly reboot, but not sure how well that did tbh. I think Josh Peck mainly does podcasts or YouTube now.

Hilary Swank
Yeah, she's a weird one isn't she? Two best actress Oscars within a short space of time and absolutely nothing of note beyond those couple of films.

Although I certainly wouldn't class him as an actor who peaked as such - I don't think Robert Carlyle did his career many favours by going to the US. I know he worked steadily (i.e. Once Upon a Time) but he was tit hot after The Full Monty and when you look at him in Trainspotting, Cracker, etc, he could have been a MUCH bigger star in the UK, I think.

Reactions: 6
Ladybird did well, tho, didn't it? Critics favourite and Oscar noms? But I agree about the bland period dramas. I've always found her a bit on the bland side, tbh
Could have been I didn't like it much haha. But even with the noms it didn't seem to boost her career to any greater heights I didn't think.

I just had to look up his name - Jon Heder - who played Napolean Dynamite.

That was quite a sleeper hit and built a cult following. Three years later he did Blades of Glory - a more obvious box office hit -but that was 2007 and he's not doing anything beyond really low-grade stuff and not much of it.

I just had to look up his name - Jon Heder - who played Napolean Dynamite.

That was quite a sleeper hit and built a cult following. Three years later he did Blades of Glory - a more obvious box office hit -but that was 2007 and he's not doing anything beyond really low-grade stuff and not much of it.
I always wonder what happened to him!

- Eva Longoria (hasnā€™t really done anything of note since Desperate Housewives)

- Willa Holland (she was Kaitlin in The OC and was in Gossip girl and has literally disappeared)

Reactions: 2
I always wonder what happened to him!

- Eva Longoria (hasnā€™t really done anything of note since Desperate Housewives)

- Willa Holland (she was Kaitlin in The OC and was in Gossip girl and has literally disappeared)
Willa Holland had a leading role in Arrow tv series until it finished in 2020.

Mekhi Pfeifer. I think I've spelled that right. He was in stuff with the similarly disappeared Freddie Prinze Jr. And Matthew Lillard, who I remember being tipped as leading-man material.

Mekhi Pfeifer. I think I've spelled that right. He was in stuff with the similarly disappeared Freddie Prinze Jr. And Matthew Lillard, who I remember being tipped as leading-man material.
I think Freddie stepped away from the spotlight so he could give his kids a normal childhood and be present

Reactions: 4
Jaime Pressly - she gets compared to Margot Robbie a lot (looks wise) but haven't really seen her in anything since My Name is Earl.

Jaime Pressly - she gets compared to Margot Robbie a lot (looks wise) but haven't really seen her in anything since My Name is Earl.
I can't be bothered with most of the celebrity cultural goings on these days but I did recall reading something about her getting divorced from a film director. A quick Google (other search engines are available) later, I realised that I was actually thinking of Jaime KING...

But in the event, Jaime Pressly also got divorced.

Did Jaime King used to call herself James when she was modelling?

I remember her in Sin City, with fellow peakers Josh Harnett and Jessica Alba.

Reactions: 1
She did - thatā€™s how I think of her, Iā€™m sure I remember reading an interview where she said she was named after her uncle?

Mark Lester who played Oliver Twist in the 1968 musical Oliver! He had a few acting roles in young adulthood, but he eventually gave up acting and became an Osteopath. His name cropped up in recent years, when he was linked to the posible paternity of Michael Jackson's daughter Paris.

Mark Lester who played Oliver Twist in the 1968 musical Oliver! He had a few acting roles in young adulthood, but he eventually gave up acting and became an Osteopath. His name cropped up in recent years, when he was linked to the posible paternity of Michael Jackson's daughter Paris.
Very few child actors end up as adult actors, even the ones who had big parts and were well-known. I looked up Ramona Marquez from Outnumbered the other day and it looks like she's given up acting.

Reactions: 4