Actors/Actresses who peaked too early

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Emily Lloyd, who was fantastic in the 80's film 'Wish you were here' and was tipped as a superstar. Poor woman has been plagued with illness and mental health issues and don't think she's done much acting since then. Her Dad was Roger Lloyd Pack aka Trigger in OFAH.
Bloody ace film😁

Reactions: 3
Saoirse Ronan comes to mind. Multiple Oscar nominations and movies with high profile directors and cast members over the past couple of decades, you'd expect her to be cast in some really big projects these days. She was in two movies that were released in 2018 and one per year for 2019 to 2022. Nothing this year so far.

3 projects currently in the works, one of them being directed by Steve McQueen, but it's all rather underwhelming, isn't it?

Fair play to her if she wants to do a few months' filming and promotion each year or so on special projects that mean a lot to her rather than working flat out all the time on stuff she just doesn't care for, but I don't know. She's a great actor, she should be in more things.

I had this train of thought after seeing her in See How They Run, which seemed like a sort of Wes Anderson knock-off, when she's already worked for the real WA twice.

Reactions: 4
Shailene Woodley seemed to be everywhere for a while, then disappeared.

Reactions: 5
Even though she is a big name, I think Jennifer Lawrence had her peak. She had a real flavour of the month vibe to her. Like it was the cool thing to say that she was your favourite actress because of how 'random' and 'quirky' she was. I think most people find her annoying now.

Reactions: 11
Even though she is a big name, I think Jennifer Lawrence had her peak. She had a real flavour of the month vibe to her. Like it was the cool thing to say that she was your favourite actress because of how 'random' and 'quirky' she was. I think most people find her annoying now.
the harvey allegations didnt help her, her career took a nose dive when his did..

the harvey allegations didnt help her, her career took a nose dive when his did..
I didn't know about that! I always found her irritating but really went off her when she told an anecdote of basically ruining a religious monument in (I think) hawaii and laughing about it

Reactions: 1
Saoirse Ronan comes to mind. Multiple Oscar nominations and movies with high profile directors and cast members over the past couple of decades, you'd expect her to be cast in some really big projects these days. She was in two movies that were released in 2018 and one per year for 2019 to 2022. Nothing this year so far.

3 projects currently in the works, one of them being directed by Steve McQueen, but it's all rather underwhelming, isn't it?

Fair play to her if she wants to do a few months' filming and promotion each year or so on special projects that mean a lot to her rather than working flat out all the time on stuff she just doesn't care for, but I don't know. She's a great actor, she should be in more things.

I had this train of thought after seeing her in See How They Run, which seemed like a sort of Wes Anderson knock-off, when she's already worked for the real WA twice.
I do like her but she seemed to get stuck in a load of really bland period dramas. But yeah, it doesn't seem at the minute that she'll get a big leading role like in Brooklyn again. I think Ladybird was supposed to give her a bit more range but it all fell rather flat and just wasn't a great film.

Reactions: 5
Yes, that's true enough. I remember, before that, saying I think her star will burn out fast, tho. So, I wouldn't be surprised if sh would have still peaked in the same timeframe.
---
I do like her but she seemed to get stuck in a load of really bland period dramas. But yeah, it doesn't seem at the minute that she'll get a big leading role like in Brooklyn again. I think Ladybird was supposed to give her a bit more range but it all fell rather flat and just wasn't a great film.
Ladybird did well, tho, didn't it? Critics favourite and Oscar noms? But I agree about the bland period dramas. I've always found her a bit on the bland side, tbh.

Jean Dujardin
Heather Graham
Mena Suvari
Jean Dujardin crops up whenever anyone needs a generic Euro person. I agree about Mena Suvari though, she was everywhere after American
Beauty but disappeared after not very long.

Jaye Davidson is another one: he won awards for his role in The Crying Game, which was his first role. I think he quit after not managing to pick up any more decent parts. Jane March appeared at about the same time and had a big part in The Lover with major sex scenes, but she never got a main role again.

Reactions: 2
Jean Dujardin crops up whenever anyone needs a generic Euro person. I agree about Mena Suvari though, she was everywhere after American
Beauty but disappeared after not very long.

Jaye Davidson is another one: he won awards for his role in The Crying Game, which was his first role. I think he quit after not managing to pick up any more decent parts. Jane March appeared at about the same time and had a big part in The Lover with major sex scenes, but she never got a main role again.
I absolutely love Jean Dujardin. I think his biggest hindrance is that he doesn't speak English fluently. Even in the Nespresso adverts, you'll notice he doesn't speak. He was fab in Call My Agent.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Thora Birch
This would have been my pick too. She was a child actor in Hocus Pocus and Now and Then. She was then in American Beauty and Ghost World before pretty much disappearing. I absolutely loved Ghost World, from the original graphic novel to the film. From stuff I read it seems like her father was the issue. He harassed other actors she worked with and made her unemployable
---
The one I always think of is Mira Sorvino. She was in Mighty Aphrodite and won an Oscar for it and then in Michelle and Romy's High School Reunion and then seemed to disappear from the usual sort of roles. Turns out she was a victim of Harvey Weinstein. I wonder how many of the other female actors who seemed to have peaked in their 20s were actually being blocked by him.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 3