Actors/Actresses who peaked too early

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whether it be Film or TV - who do you think had a big hit early on which either typecast them or affected their career

Adrien Brody - Won an Oscar for The Pianist then had a load of dud films for years. Never seemed to find himself after that

Lindsey Lohan - Got massive early on with Mean Girls but seemingly couldn't deal with the fame (Don't think her parents were great either)

Aaron Paul - Kept trying to break into films after BB but it just didn't happen, will be forever known as Jesse.

Anne Marie Duff - Left Shameless when it was on its top form but can't think of much memorable she's been in since then apart from The Magdalene Sisters. I think she did period dramas for a while

Reactions: 8
Amanda Bynes always springs to mind for me. She was in so many films I watched when I was younger but then fell completely off the grid with movies.

Reactions: 6
Amanda Bynes always springs to mind for me. She was in so many films I watched when I was younger but then fell completely off the grid with movies.
She was a big part of my childhood. I can’t think of anyone else that managed to get their very own sketch show at 13

Reactions: 4
She "retired" from acting and has had many problems with drugs and drink since then. I think she's been in and out of guardianship like Britney. Very sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Jennifer Lawrence, Lupita Nyong'o, Katie Holmes.

Should child actors really count? obvs most peak early and very few have a career as adults.
---
Orlando Bloom
He's almost 50 now and became famous like in his 30s though?

Reactions: 1
Zac Efron. He has some moderately successful adult comedies but has struggled to really hit the a-list with big box office

Sam Worthington - he was tipped for big things after Avatar

Josh Hutcherson - again, nothing big seemed to happen for him after The Hunger Games films

Reactions: 6
Jennifer Lawrence, Lupita Nyong'o, Katie Holmes.

Should child actors really count? obvs most peak early and very few have a career as adults.
---

He's almost 50 now and became famous like in his 30s though?
Tbh I’m thinking in terms of when you break out and the aftermath rather than age. But he did LOTR and Pirates in his 20s and was really in demand. But hasn’t particularly been in demand for the last decade for any major releases.

He’s probably doing more interesting work in smaller stuff now though.

Reactions: 3
Tbh I’m thinking in terms of when you break out and the aftermath rather than age. But he did LOTR and Pirates in his 20s and was really in demand. But hasn’t particularly been in demand for the last decade for any major releases.

Yeah I agree with Orlando Bloom. He hit it big with two massive franchises but outside of that he has really struggled to capitalise on that exposure. Even more noticeable when you compare him to Kiera Knightley.

Orlando is probably better known now for those naked photos, and being with Katy Perry.

Reactions: 7
Jennifer Love Hewitt. I don't know if she is in anything or has been in anything lately but I remember her being in some films I loved.

I think for me there will be loads of actors/actresses from 90's/00's chick flicks. I loved Freddie Prinze Jnr when I was younger haha, I watched some rubbish film on netflix I think that he was in last year playing a dad and it was very nostalgic. Sorry, I'm going off track lol.

Reactions: 4
Jennifer Love Hewitt. I don't know if she is in anything or has been in anything lately but I remember her being in some films I loved.

I think for me there will be loads of actors/actresses from 90's/00's chick flicks. I loved Freddie Prinze Jnr when I was younger haha, I watched some rubbish film on netflix I think that he was in last year playing a dad and it was very nostalgic. Sorry, I'm going off track lol.
I’m not sure if it was ever that popular but I loved her show Ghost Whisperer

Zac Efron. He has some moderately successful adult comedies but has struggled to really hit the a-list with big box office
I think the Bundy film was meant to be his comeback but nobody really cared. The documentary was better.

Reactions: 9
Dakota Fanning was very hyped as a child actor and cast in everything, but she hasn't transitioned well into non-child roles. But maybe that's debatable. She is still getting work.

Reactions: 9

He did LOTR, Pirates and Hobbit over the years between age 24 and 40, and he's now 46 and works in other things regularly including a lead on some TV show. I'd say that's pretty consistent.

Reactions: 1
Alicia Silverstone was huge with Clueless, then dropped off the radar.

Funnily, a lot of actors seem to go on the downslide after winning an Oscar. Female actors, moreso. Halle Berry is a good example. Yes, she's a very famous name, but did shite all of any worth after her Oscar win. Reese Witherspoon was the same. Again, very famous but did strings of mediocre duds after winning best actress.

Reactions: 10
He did LOTR, Pirates and Hobbit over the years between age 24 and 40, and he's now 46 and works in other things regularly including a lead on some TV show. I'd say that's pretty consistent.
I think a lot of people mentioned on this thread have worked consistently. The OP was about peaking too early. I guess we have a different sense on the parameters of that.