A place for ranting/whinging

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can’t even bring myself to get out of bed to home school my children. I can’t cope with this for much longer. My kids deserve better.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Can’t even bring myself to get out of bed to home school my children. I can’t cope with this for much longer. My kids deserve better.
Is there any help you can get, not in terms of the kids but for your mental health? SHOUT are amazing. It may be worth trying to self refer for mental health support or contacting your GP - feeling like this isn't sustainable.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Is there any help you can get, not in terms of the kids but for your mental health? SHOUT are amazing. It may be worth trying to self refer for mental health support or contacting your GP - feeling like this isn't sustainable.
I don’t feel there’s anything my gp can do if I’m honest. I get days like this sometimes. It’s just compounded more at the moment with the burden of home school. The guilt is immense, I just want them back in school.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I don’t feel there’s anything my gp can do if I’m honest. I get days like this sometimes. It’s just compounded more at the moment with the burden of home school. The guilt is immense, I just want them back in school.
I understand - bad days are so hard. Hopefully following the upcoming announcement, it'll be clearer when the kids can go back and might help to ease some of that burden, almost at the finish line for that.

• Heart
are you in England?

I didn't realise how much I dislike the home schooling til we had a break from it .
I don't have to teach mine because they are gcse age , but the whole house ( even the pets) have to make allowances during the school day. We have to be quiet in case they are able to hear us at school ( as they do communicate/video or audio at points through out the day) . We don't have any space in our house.
I hate the routine we have found ourselves in . Teenager doesn't get up and go in bathroom til last minute, which has a knock on effect on everyone else. If they used the bathroom at the time they would before leaving for school , it would be better for us all.

Reactions: 3
My approach to home schooling and how tit/unnecessary it is has been lately is to turn into a rabid complainer. I am emailing everyone I can think of about it - politicians, local council leaders and so on. I'm not a COVID denier by any means but I think our kids have been thrown under a bus with all of this. Where I live the rumour seems to be that secondary kids won't be back until after Easter. That's so harmful to their development, education and mental health.
We all hailed the vaccine as some sort of miracle but it's here now and we have to get on with life.

I'll get back in my box now......

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Can’t believe I’m having to pay so much and get more student debt to try and better myself for a university degree for it to be online only, 6 hours a week of teaching and the two hour block for one of the modules the lecturer sends us into break out rooms for 1 hour and 45 minutes to do group work with no intervention from said lecturer. Leaving 15 minutes to discuss an hour and 45 minutes worth of work? It’s disgusting I just want to drop out of it I’m so done. I don’t want the hassle of complaining and nothing getting done. I know a lot of students are in the same boat

• Sad
My partner and I hardly ever argue, but tonight we've had a flare up that has been simmering underneath for a while.
We have differing views on the Covid Vaccine. I don't really want to have to repeat my views on it, I've mentioned it on other threads. It is something that I neither wanted nor asked for. Because I work in the care industry, I was able to have the first part of the vaccine a few weeks ago. My partner who is over 60 and not in the best of health, is still waiting for his vaccine - it can't come soon enough for him.
What I am about to say, may anger quite a few people on Tattle, but before I was vaccinated with the Astra zeneca vaccine, I had a previous time and date to be vaccinated. So my partner and I travelled to the location, and I waited in the queue. However when I asked which vaccine was available, I turned it down. Luckily I was directed to a volunteer who made a new appointment which was the following week, at a different location. My vaccine wasn't wasted because, there were quite a few people behind me in the queue.
When I told my partner that I had turned down the vaccine, he was furious and even insulted me - something he has never done before. He didn't give me a chance to mention the new appointment. We did manage to overcome that blip though - or at least I thought we did.
Tonight we were watching one of Alex Bellend's videos on Youtube, he was ranting about the lockdown and vaccinations. My partner gave the video a thumbs down, before the video finished. I then switched it off. A little later on, we had quite a few cross words, and he left the room.
To be fair, my partner has been unwell today - myalgia pain, and it does effect his thought processes sometimes. But I feel quite upset over this, quite tearful. Like I have said, we rarely argue.

• Sad
  • Heart
Im tired of complaining. I feel like starting a new job as a fresher while hormones are flaring is gonna end me. I am soo sensitive and afraid and not myself generally. Not good for first impression or my mind. I only started 10/2 but i already think of quitting. I don't wanna quit so easily/crack under pressure especially that i might be just hormonal.

I feel stupid cuz what i fear the most is humiliation from my boss if i make a mistake and honestly he kinda scolded me for one today and i was fine.
I say to myself even if he terminates me then it's not a loss or something I'd cry over. Maybe I'll worry about reference later 🤔

• Heart
Doing the home school work with my kids only for both of their teachers to comment and say it’s not good enough/not completed. How about duck off we are trying Jesus Christ, way to bleeping piss on my cornflakes when I’m practically having a mental health crisis as it is right now. I very nearly left a snarky reply but thought better of it😡🤬

8 more days of this utter bullshit. I am not doing this again if there’s another lockdown they can get to duck.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Doing the home school work with my kids only for both of their teachers to comment and say it’s not good enough/not completed. How about duck off we are trying Jesus Christ, way to bleeping piss on my cornflakes when I’m practically having a mental health crisis as it is right now. I very nearly left a snarky reply but thought better of it😡🤬

8 more days of this utter bullshit. I am not doing this again if there’s another lockdown they can get to duck.
I'm with you. There's been massive strops already today and no end of tears trying to explain the difference in acute and bleeping obtuse angles. I hate it when a topic is introduced by the teacher as if it's something they've already been covering and should already have prior knowledge.

We've all been sold a bloody corker with this home school bollocks.

My friend is a teacher (secondary) and she's been in tears attempting to homeschool her 6 year old. So if a professional is that upset, everyone else has every right to be.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Fed up with people who see the info regarding things reopening, but still don’t seem to think it applies to what they want to do.

I work in a place where people can’t come in but we do a ‘click and collect’ service and so many people today have asked if we’ll open up before April 12th.

well no, we can’t, we won’t and why, when you clearly understand April 12th as the appropriate date, are you still asking that question???

• Sad
The tomme tippee bottle machine is really pissing me off.....why is the beep so god Damn loud.
my 9 month old son isliterally the worlds worst sleeper up 4/5 times a night still has a bottle in the night , I have to pick him up to soothe him.....he can not self soothe To save his life so to save waking the whole family up , I pick him up...... but he is drowsy. The bloody bottle machine beeps make sure he is wide awake though so he doesn’t go straight back off!!!!!!!!!! I hate this thing with a passion 😂😂😂😂

Why are boyfriends so totally 1 dimensional?

Always the same old crap - football, getting pissed with their mates, playing computer game till 2 in the morning; farting and belching all over the place; expecting a quick shag after trying the sweet talk; never understanding why women get moody; and how they're always right and never wrong, even though they really are in the wrong!

Never admit its their fault either.

They really are hard work at times:rolleyes:

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8