A place for ranting/whinging

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My partner and I hardly ever argue, but tonight we've had a flare up that has been simmering underneath for a while.
We have differing views on the Covid Vaccine. I don't really want to have to repeat my views on it, I've mentioned it on other threads. It is something that I neither wanted nor asked for. Because I work in the care industry, I was able to have the first part of the vaccine a few weeks ago. My partner who is over 60 and not in the best of health, is still waiting for his vaccine - it can't come soon enough for him.
What I am about to say, may anger quite a few people on Tattle, but before I was vaccinated with the Astra zeneca vaccine, I had a previous time and date to be vaccinated. So my partner and I travelled to the location, and I waited in the queue. However when I asked which vaccine was available, I turned it down. Luckily I was directed to a volunteer who made a new appointment which was the following week, at a different location. My vaccine wasn't wasted because, there were quite a few people behind me in the queue.
When I told my partner that I had turned down the vaccine, he was furious and even insulted me - something he has never done before. He didn't give me a chance to mention the new appointment. We did manage to overcome that blip though - or at least I thought we did.
Tonight we were watching one of Alex Bellend's videos on Youtube, he was ranting about the lockdown and vaccinations. My partner gave the video a thumbs down, before the video finished. I then switched it off. A little later on, we had quite a few cross words, and he left the room.
To be fair, my partner has been unwell today - myalgia pain, and it does effect his thought processes sometimes. But I feel quite upset over this, quite tearful. Like I have said, we rarely argue.
Can I ask please, how did you receive the nod to get the vaccine?
my cousin who is relatively young with no considerable health issues but is married to a residential carer has already had it, but only by “skipping the air”

She quite rightly so got the vaccine.......
BUT as she was given the information to register she received a code. She passed that code onto various people (including my cousin and others who wouldn’t be considered to vaccinate yet) and they were all given the vaccine.

Did you get a code?
Would you consider distributing it as far as your husband?
Do you know others who have taken advantage of this?

I know the “code” is fact - I’ve seen it for myself and was astounded.

Can I ask please, how did you receive the nod to get the vaccine?
my cousin who is relatively young with no considerable health issues but is married to a residential carer has already had it, but only by “skipping the air”

She quite rightly so got the vaccine.......
BUT as she was given the information to register she received a code. She passed that code onto various people (including my cousin and others who wouldn’t be considered to vaccinate yet) and they were all given the vaccine.

Did you get a code?
Would you consider distributing it as far as your husband?
Do you know others who have taken advantage of this?

I know the “code” is fact - I’ve seen it for myself and was astounded.
I didn not get a nod to receive a vaccine, I had to arrange it myself. The care home that I work in, issued me with a letter confirming that I worked there.

Our ungrateful house guest ... instead of sitting in the lounge watching TV with a lovely hot cup of tea and something sweet, I'm in my bedroom, snuggled under my doona pretending to be 'sick'. Absolutely nothing we do is right, and they invited some friends around today - to our house! without asking first! - not cool.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
I've had what I think is a couple of nasty bouts of gastroenteritis twice this year and a big problem with heartburn and acid reflux. What food I can eat without having a horrible reaction to it has become very limited. I feel utterly miserable, especially when I rang my GP surgery and the receptionist laughed at me when I said I think it was all trigged by a reaction to cheese. The doctor I eventually spoke to didn't seem bothered either.

I was finding life hard enough anyway in terms of feeling like anything that brought joy is inaccessible just now, but this is the worst.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My dad threw away my formal clarks shoes and a souvenir shaul from my friend "by mistake" 😡😡😡
For some context, he threw away my new converse before.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
My dad threw away my formal clarks shoes and a souvenir shaul from my friend "by mistake" 😡😡😡
For some context, he threw away my new converse before.
Oh no ☹. I know what that's like. Many years ago I'd filled a bin bag with clothes to take to my parents to wash (I didn't have a washing machine). My dad somehow got that bag mixed up with some rubbish they were taking to the tip! Loads of my favourite stuff was in there. I was so gutted.

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
I’m on a funded PhD stipend that gets paid every 3 month so I have to budget. My credit card bill is due on Monday and I’m not getting paid til a week Friday. Only found this out by emailing the finance team at my university. I’m just stressed about money as I had an unexpected dental drama last week which cost £££ and I’m slowly running out of money. I’m lucky I can dip into some savings, but I’ve given myself a migraine worrying about money.

I know I’m in a lucky position to get funding for a PhD as many don’t.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I’m on a funded PhD stipend that gets paid every 3 month so I have to budget. My credit card bill is due on Monday and I’m not getting paid til a week Friday. Only found this out by emailing the finance team at my university. I’m just stressed about money as I had an unexpected dental drama last week which cost £££ and I’m slowly running out of money. I’m lucky I can dip into some savings, but I’ve given myself a migraine worrying about money.

I know I’m in a lucky position to get funding for a PhD as many don’t.
Does your uni have a hardship fund you could apply to?

So, on and off since mid Jan or so I've been very poorly with a Mysterious Illness. At first it kept going away and coming back, now I've been consistently ill for about three weeks barely able to eat much without vomiting/other icky stuff. I've lost about a stone, which sounds great but it's scary to lose weight only because you are underfed and weak.

At the point now where my local GP surgery has agreed to run some tests so I'm really hoping that within a couple of weeks I'll at least know what's wrong and can move forward somehow from there.

In the meantime I've felt extremely sorry for myself indeed, stuck living on white bread/crackers/special K cereal and porridge and not really anything else much at all.

Whatever I turn out to have I hope none of you guys get it, it's the most ill I've ever been in my 37 years.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
So, on and off since mid Jan or so I've been very poorly with a Mysterious Illness. At first it kept going away and coming back, now I've been consistently ill for about three weeks barely able to eat much without vomiting/other icky stuff. I've lost about a stone, which sounds great but it's scary to lose weight only because you are underfed and weak.

At the point now where my local GP surgery has agreed to run some tests so I'm really hoping that within a couple of weeks I'll at least know what's wrong and can move forward somehow from there.

In the meantime I've felt extremely sorry for myself indeed, stuck living on white bread/crackers/special K cereal and porridge and not really anything else much at all.

Whatever I turn out to have I hope none of you guys get it, it's the most ill I've ever been in my 37 years.
Sorry to read you’ve been poorly. I had something similar and it turned out to be hyplori bacteria which had turned to gastritis. Made me feel awful, the heartburn, acid and sickness was terrible, really ruined my life for two months. Hope you get to the bottom of it, keep on at the doctors.

Sorry to read you’ve been poorly. I had something similar and it turned out to be hyplori bacteria which had turned to gastritis. Made me feel awful, the heartburn, acid and sickness was terrible, really ruined my life for two months. Hope you get to the bottom of it, keep on at the doctors.
Thanks, lovely. It's been rotten but getting my gp practice to take me seriously after a failed attempted a while back has been a relief. Just waiting to see if they can find what it is now.

Your symptoms are pretty much the same as mine, and my mother and I do think some sort of virus that turned into an infection is the most likely. At least, we're hoping. Whatever result will be easiest to treat! In the meantime, more crackers and porridge for me.

My first ever post. I had a miscarriage for a very wished for baby in January, I'm fed up, dreading going back to the job I hate when furlough ends after thinking I'd only have a few months left till I would have the baby. I just want to hibernate for the rest of the year. I'm NOT okay and it annoys me that everyone else seems to have moved on or just doesn't understand what I'm going through. My miscarriage has been absolute hell, I'm still grieving and all my friends talk about are their upcoming weddings. They dont even ask how I'm doing. Sorry for the rant, just needed to get it out 😂

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
My first ever post. I had a miscarriage for a very wished for baby in January, I'm fed up, dreading going back to the job I hate when furlough ends after thinking I'd only have a few months left till I would have the baby. I just want to hibernate for the rest of the year. I'm NOT okay and it annoys me that everyone else seems to have moved on or just doesn't understand what I'm going through. My miscarriage has been absolute hell, I'm still grieving and all my friends talk about are their upcoming weddings. They dont even ask how I'm doing. Sorry for the rant, just needed to get it out 😂
I'm so sorry for your loss, it is so hard when the world around you seems to be moving on ❤

I don't know if I'm being an asshole here, but I went off on someone today and now I'm being called a hypocrite.

Basically I found out that a friend of mine smokes weed and drives... WHILE STONED. In my mind, this is unacceptable and he's taking other people's lives into his hands. I'm being called a hypocrite because I smoke weed so I should "get it"? I don't even have a drivers licence yet (post-pandemic, I'll be learning how to drive) but even I could drive, I would never dream of getting high and driving. duck it, I'll probably quit smoking altogether to be safe once I begin driving because of roadside drug testing. But yeah, whilst I don't think there's anything wrong with adults smoking weed, I'm a hypocritical witch (yes, seriously) because I don't think there's ever a justification for drug-driving.

:mad:

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So I used to work for my local authority in the temp housing department....there was one girl who came in with her 12 year old son , she claimed actual poverty , no job , no money , homeless , food banks etc!! She got evicted due to non payment of rent previously.

She got housed into a 2 bed house within a matter of weeks. This was 2019

I just followed her on Instagram and surprise surprise she has had her house done to literally resemble an Essex palace towie would be proud of...... she had been in Dubai just before lockdown ....Ibiza and Majorca before that.....balenciaga trainers and louis Vuitton galore .....and to top it off she just posted new car day with a brand spanking merc!

I don’t really care how / where she got her money but this is one reason I gave up my job.....I couldn’t stand watching people undeserving of social housing lie scam and cheat there way because they knew what to say how to hide information they didn’t want known .....all whilst I saw people deserving not qualify!!!! The system in this country is fucked!!!!! And this is from someone who worked on the front line!!!!!!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I just followed her on Instagram and surprise surprise she has had her house done to literally resemble an Essex palace towie would be proud of...... she had been in Dubai just before lockdown ....Ibiza and Majorca before that.....balenciaga trainers and louis Vuitton galore .....and to top it off she just posted new car day with a brand spanking merc!
I've seen quite a few ( not sure how to put this , but I reckon lots of people will know exactly what I mean, but it's the young , socialhousing type , a family on our street has one) people who look like they can't afford one driving a brand new mercedes. It's always the same type of Mercedes so I bet the monthly payments are cheap, or they are entitled to them through a mobility scheme.

Lv and balenciaga always look fake.

I've seen quite a few ( not sure how to put this , but I reckon lots of people will know exactly what I mean, but it's the young , socialhousing type , a family on our street has one) people who look like they can't afford one driving a brand new mercedes. It's always the same type of Mercedes so I bet the monthly payments are cheap, or they are entitled to them through a mobility scheme.

Lv and balenciaga always look fake.
I have no interest in cars and drive a Corsa but know plenty of people with lease hire Mercedes, I think it's massively devalued their brand as myself and my friends always just assume Whoever "owns" one is leasing to show off. I don't mean to sound judgey about leasing vehicles and get that it's useful for people , it just seems that Mercedes attract a particular type of person.

Reactions: 1
I have no interest in cars and drive a Corsa but know plenty of people with lease hire Mercedes, I think it's massively devalued their brand as myself and my friends always just assume Whoever "owns" one is leasing to show off. I don't mean to sound judgey about leasing vehicles and get that it's useful for people , it just seems that Mercedes attract a particular type of person.
I think my post sounded more judgemental than I meant it to, but these particular mercedes ( I think it's one of the a class ones) seem to cost the same per month on finance as other cars. The brand new Mercedes stand out more , in a area with a cheaper reputation and a young driver ( because they have a rep as older driver cars ) but something like a Kia Sportage on finance is more commonplace ( there are a lot of Kias in our area as there is a main dealer nearby)

I'm struggling badly at the moment..

If I hear the words "you're lucky to have a job" one more time I'll scream :mad::eek:

• Heart
Reactions: 7