A place for ranting/whinging

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry to everyone that is struggling. Generally I’ve been ok covid wise, up until now. Now I just feel completely fed up. I miss being with my friends so, so much.

I’m actually surprised how much I miss them 😂 just being together in a group, being close and feeling truly happy feels like.... an alien concept now! Up until now I’ve felt like things will get back to normal soon enough but now it just feels.... bleak.

I also really miss travelling. I feel like visiting new places is such a positive thing to have to look forward to in terms of how I manage my (low level) depression. It gives me something to plan / budget for and be excited about.

It’s so exhausting now.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Oh gosh I think I might be here a lot 😬

My husband was told by someone living across the road that there is someone watching our building and see who’s going in and out (we live in a block of 5 flats) , because they think there are too many people and they are going to report it to the police for breaking restrictions:rolleyes::rolleyes:
There isn’t, but no idea how they would even be able to provide any evidence anyway.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
My moan is that my friend constantly texts me when her husband is away (armed forces) saying she’s lonely/bored, and I’m busy working so text her when I’m free. When the husband comes back , understandably she spends time with him/her kids but if I needed her to chat (been feeling particularly low the past couple of days) she wouldn’t reply. Yet when it’s the other way round, the nice person I am replies and offers help. I just don’t like the unevenness of our friendship. Haven’t seen her in 2 years (she lives in Scotland) yet she was down near me in Summer visiting family, didn’t tell me she was visiting my way or offer to meet up (socially distanced of course).
I dunno it just upsets me I guess.
Regardless of her situation, a friend who just talks and never listens isn't a proper friend. I got rid of two people from my life like that and I don't miss them or regret it. The last straw was when I lost a baby. One of them phoned and we spent five minutes talking about my loss and twenty minutes talking about a bloke she fancied at work. Binned

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Regardless of her situation, a friend who just talks and never listens isn't a proper friend. I got rid of two people from my life like that and I don't miss them or regret it. The last straw was when I lost a baby. One of them phoned and we spent five minutes talking about my loss and twenty minutes talking about a bloke she fancied at work. Binned
We’ve had our ‘breaks’ throughout our friendship, mainly due to my mental health & needing time away from my phone. But she always goes ‘oh so you’re ignoring me’, no I’m ignoring everyone because my mental health can’t take communicating with people let alone coping through a whole day! She can be very toxic so I think I might have to cut her out. Sorry about your loss and your crap friend! X

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My post probably comes across extreme but just to put it in context that phone call happened the day after my loss. I was in bits.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ve just moved house and I can’t afford to buy any furniture (wardrobe, chest of drawers etc) until after I get paid at the end of January so I’m living surrounded by boxes and suitcases and it’s driving me absolutely mad. I’m quite a tidy person and having all this clutter around is really getting to me and making me feel anxious and stressy.

I feel like my friends never reply to me in group chats. And I’m still not over my ex even though he’s a 🍆 and it’s been months and I can’t even talk about him anymore because everyone is so sick of it.

Sending love to you all, especially those of you going through difficult times at the moment ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I’ve been struggling this week a lot and feel so lonely. I split up with my boyfriend in October (was with him over a year but lockdown affected his mental health issues a lot, then he was made redundant and we generally were not getting on). He refuses to talk to me and has cut me out of his life completely. I text his mum yesterday saying I hope she had a nice Christmas and how I hope 2021 will a better year for everyone, only for her to reply and tell me her husband died of Covid the week before Christmas. He was such a lovely man and I feel so sad for her and the family and it upsets me that my ex felt I didn’t need to know. I know it’s not about me and I’m not with him anymore so he doesn’t owe me anything but I felt so awful I’d sent such an insensitive message to his mum.

I’m 37 and now in a bubble with my parents which I’m very grateful for but sometimes it makes me feel more alone as all of my friends have partners and families of their own and there’s me hanging around with a couple of pensioners 😂 (they’re actually quite cool for their age and not that old but still). I can’t date as it’s lockdown and I hated online dating with a passion anyway, plus I don’t feel emotionally ready/ happy in myself but feel my chances of finding love and starting a family of my own are slipping away; yet everyone around me is having babies left, right and centre. My friend announced her 4th pregnancy just before Xmas and said she was getting on and doesn’t want to be having another when she’s 40. Yeah heaven forbid 🙄 And my other friend is pregnant again, a year after having her first and I just feel like I have nothing in common with them anymore and that I can’t confide in them as I don’t want them to get fed up of my whinging and make them feel awkward. And when I do speak up they just keep telling me how strong I am and how I have a nice life and go on nice holidays (not this year obv) but I’m fed up of having to be strong and I only go away on nice holidays because that is the only thing I have to look forward to and even then I spend my time wishing I was with someone who loved me. I’ve pretty much been single all my life, the few relationships I have had haven’t worked out and I’m so ready for my chance to settle down and have the things I want most from life and I don’t see why everyone else around me gets that opportunity and I don’t. Then on the other hand I hate the thought of coming across as desperate and like I need a man to make me happy, so I refuse to settle for anyone just to say I’m with someone but then worry I’m never going to find what I want. I sound like I’m having such a tantrum right now 🤦‍♀️ I’m trying each day to be grateful for what I have but I’m finding it so hard to keep positive and not compare myself to everyone else.

I have a decent job and lucky to be working but there’s literally no work to do so I’m stuck home everyday without any interaction and totally bored. I went for a walk this afternoon, got back at 5 and thought thank god the day’s nearly over and I just hate that I’m wishing my life away like this. I know this is very self-indulgent and there are people in much worse situations but I can’t seem to snap out of it this week. I think like everyone, I was so focused on making it to Christmas, and being able to spend time with my sister and niece, that the sudden tier 4 changes just threw me off balance.

Well done if you’ve read this far 😂 And thank you for this thread. Actually feels good to organise my thoughts and get it all out there!!

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I’ve been struggling this week a lot and feel so lonely. I split up with my boyfriend in October (was with him over a year but lockdown affected his mental health issues a lot, then he was made redundant and we generally were not getting on). He refuses to talk to me and has cut me out of his life completely. I text his mum yesterday saying I hope she had a nice Christmas and how I hope 2021 will a better year for everyone, only for her to reply and tell me her husband died of Covid the week before Christmas. He was such a lovely man and I feel so sad for her and the family and it upsets me that my ex felt I didn’t need to know. I know it’s not about me and I’m not with him anymore so he doesn’t owe me anything but I felt so awful I’d sent such an insensitive message to his mum.

I’m 37 and now in a bubble with my parents which I’m very grateful for but sometimes it makes me feel more alone as all of my friends have partners and families of their own and there’s me hanging around with a couple of pensioners 😂 (they’re actually quite cool for their age and not that old but still). I can’t date as it’s lockdown and I hated online dating with a passion anyway, plus I don’t feel emotionally ready/ happy in myself but feel my chances of finding love and starting a family of my own are slipping away; yet everyone around me is having babies left, right and centre. My friend announced her 4th pregnancy just before Xmas and said she was getting on and doesn’t want to be having another when she’s 40. Yeah heaven forbid 🙄 And my other friend is pregnant again, a year after having her first and I just feel like I have nothing in common with them anymore and that I can’t confide in them as I don’t want them to get fed up of my whinging and make them feel awkward. And when I do speak up they just keep telling me how strong I am and how I have a nice life and go on nice holidays (not this year obv) but I’m fed up of having to be strong and I only go away on nice holidays because that is the only thing I have to look forward to and even then I spend my time wishing I was with someone who loved me. I’ve pretty much been single all my life, the few relationships I have had haven’t worked out and I’m so ready for my chance to settle down and have the things I want most from life and I don’t see why everyone else around me gets that opportunity and I don’t. Then on the other hand I hate the thought of coming across as desperate and like I need a man to make me happy, so I refuse to settle for anyone just to say I’m with someone but then worry I’m never going to find what I want. I sound like I’m having such a tantrum right now 🤦‍♀️ I’m trying each day to be grateful for what I have but I’m finding it so hard to keep positive and not compare myself to everyone else.

I have a decent job and lucky to be working but there’s literally no work to do so I’m stuck home everyday without any interaction and totally bored. I went for a walk this afternoon, got back at 5 and thought thank god the day’s nearly over and I just hate that I’m wishing my life away like this. I know this is very self-indulgent and there are people in much worse situations but I can’t seem to snap out of it this week. I think like everyone, I was so focused on making it to Christmas, and being able to spend time with my sister and niece, that the sudden tier 4 changes just threw me off balance.

Well done if you’ve read this far 😂 And thank you for this thread. Actually feels good to organise my thoughts and get it all out there!!
I relate so much to this. Literally echoes my entire situation and feelings 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 11
My whinge is about crap people in general, I’ve made it even more an effort to check in on people due to covid etc and I’m 100% sure if I didn’t check in on people no one would even check in with me

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
My whinge is about the pressure of being grateful and happy to WFH. I am fortunate to have retained my job and income throughout. I am aware of this and appreciate it. However, I wasn’t furloughed. Have spent nearly 10 month wfh. Alone 8-5/5:30 every day. 5 days a week. It’s exhausting and takes it’s toll.

Yet a lot of people freak out that I/people in my situation should be “grateful” We are, but also struggling mentally/emotionally. My work didn’t slow down, it’s been a long hard slog. I didn’t get summer off on furlough. It’s been hard. There’s now the added stress of having work and work stress IN my home. Which is now my office. Messes with me mentally sometimes especially after a bad day.

I miss my family. Friends. I miss travelling with my partner, miss it so much.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
My whinges of the day are seeing people/families out and about having a lovely old Christmas time and I’m stuck in work or out in the freezing cold driving around. Seeing memes and posts about “that time between Christmas and New Years” - yes it’s called a normal working week you lazy arses. (CAN YOU TELL IM BITTER).
My other whinge is people not letting me out of my bleeping road at the junction. I honestly sometimes wait there 15 minutes and I’m clearly a health professional - instead of clapping just bloody give way and let me do my job 😂 Argh!

I know I’m very fortunate to have a job please don’t come at me! I just begrudge working over Christmas especially when the leave is given to those with children first :rolleyes:.
I feel you, and I have children. I’ve worked through every holiday this year. Nothing wrong with having a moan about it. ❤

Reactions: 4
Despite living in South Africa now (and for the next 4 or 5 months at least), I still like to read the UK online newspapers. But OMG don't some of them thrive on wall-to-wall doom and gloom!

The Telegraph, for example, has Covid articles about exhausted doctors, hospitals at breaking point, ambulances queuing, secondary schools may close children's mental health,, possible expansion of T4 areas, recruitment bureaucracy in the NHS, and the possibility of more terrorist attacks across the world next year!

All very important of course, but bloody hell, it really doesn't help set the mood at the start of a new day!

Reactions: 14
Mine is definitely alot more light hearted compared to some of these but for fucks sake, I CANT COOK.

This bloody pandemic has really highlighted how much I relied on takeaways and easy meals in the past. However due to fact that I live at home and most my evening meals are prepared for me, I have never really needed too (bar university). However with both my parents pulling OT as essential workers, as the oldest I'm often left to fend for myself and my siblings. 9/10 it does not go well.

My university diet of pasta, fish fingers, chips and noodles really isnt cutting it anymore.

I also have this insane thing where I hate to waste food so I don't like trying new recipes because I know if I don't like it, I won't eat it therefore wasted and then after all that, I'm still starving too. Effort.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Mine is lighthearted I'm sorry. But I cannot for the life of me eat healthily. I need to lose weight but I just love "naughty" food too much. I never have the motivation to work out and I'm quite happy just doing nothing 🙈 but then I hate how I look and how my friends are all lovely and beautiful and I'm just a big fat slob in comparison 🙄

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
My whinge is about the pressure of being grateful and happy to WFH. I am fortunate to have retained my job and income throughout. I am aware of this and appreciate it. However, I wasn’t furloughed. Have spent nearly 10 month wfh. Alone 8-5/5:30 every day. 5 days a week. It’s exhausting and takes it’s toll.

Yet a lot of people freak out that I/people in my situation should be “grateful” We are, but also struggling mentally/emotionally. My work didn’t slow down, it’s been a long hard slog. I didn’t get summer off on furlough. It’s been hard. There’s now the added stress of having work and work stress IN my home. Which is now my office. Messes with me mentally sometimes especially after a bad day.

I miss my family. Friends. I miss travelling with my partner, miss it so much.
I get you. Totally. I don’t think people realise how draining being at home 24/7 is.

Reactions: 15
So said friend I mentioned in a previous post text me today... first time in over a week...to ask what laptop she should buy. Not ‘how are you?’ Etc. Proceeds to send me screenshots of expensive laptops. Not being funny but when did I become a laptop expert or why can’t she ask her husband/2 teenage sons. Really close to starting 2021 without said friend 😬

Reactions: 5
Mine is lighthearted I'm sorry. But I cannot for the life of me eat healthily. I need to lose weight but I just love "naughty" food too much. I never have the motivation to work out and I'm quite happy just doing nothing 🙈 but then I hate how I look and how my friends are all lovely and beautiful and I'm just a big fat slob in comparison 🙄
Bless you!

This is me right now. I look at myself in the mirror and want to cry at my new additional chin and then I come into the living room eat a full share pack of crisps and a bunch of marzipan 🙈. Can’t have it both ways can I. I wish someone would sow my mouth shut. It was fine till I turned 30 then everything I ate went straight to my stomach and thighs and I just sob whilst chomping on another chocolate bar. I look like a round little pudding and it doesn’t help that I’m short with a pea head. As soon as all this Christmas junk has gone I’m going to have to be strict with myself like I use to be.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
My moan is that all my friends (so many of them) who felt it was their right to visit family for Xmas and mix and are now all testing positive for covid 🤦🏼‍♀️
One friend went up north mixed with her family with various households now the whole family have got covid and she's back in the south ...great and that is how the virus spreads
She now moaning about being stuck self isolating with the kids. Another friend mixed with extended family and moaning that her friend is finding it 'tricky' to get out of London to visit her ...ffs we're in tier 4 here and so is London and she thinks it's the lack of trains.
Entitled and ignorant.
Can't people just accept this year is gonna be tit.

• Angry
Enforced idleness/isolation stress and loneliness on the one hand and then in the other extreme some people are being over worked to the point of exhaustion and in some cases domestic violence is on the rise.The pressure put on parents to be everything to everyone including home schooling (which i'm crap at).
Financial worries ditto health concerns and then real restrictions on our personal freedoms/liberties that no one is really allowed to protest against in case they get called out for being selfish or reckless.
Plus the difficulty in securing basics that we used to take for granted like regular food deliveries (i have to wait 3 weeks for mine which is ridiculous)
Also the enforced break up of family units thats keeping us all apart if we like it or not so all things considered i think we are all entitled to a good moan so thank god for tattle life is all i can say?
Right now as a housebound mother of four self isolating i think i'd be a bit lost without it.
So cheers for that at least... ❤

Reactions: 4
My moan is that all my friends (so many of them) who felt it was their right to visit family for Xmas and mix and are now all testing positive for covid 🤦🏼‍♀️
One friend went up north mixed with her family with various households now the whole family have got covid and she's back in the south ...great and that is how the virus spreads
She now moaning about being stuck self isolating with the kids. Another friend mixed with extended family and moaning that her friend is finding it 'tricky' to get out of London to visit her ...ffs we're in tier 4 here and so is London and she thinks it's the lack of trains.
Entitled and ignorant.
Can't people just accept this year is gonna be tit.
Also the burden on the nhs, bed spaces and over worked staff. My sisters who is a nurse has been doing a 45 hour week since march. She even treated a protester with a sprained ankle who was loudly complaining about having to wait four hours to be seen 🤦

• Sad