A Pinch of Nom - Kay Featherstone and Kate Allinson

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was trying to see if I could find any recent pics and this is the most recent article on them from Dec 22. https://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/23188636.pinch-nom-pair-pressures-fame-star-wars-wedding/

I like how they’re trying to make out they’re just really private people, not that they’re hiding away because people won’t buy their cookbook if they knew it contained diet advice from a 30st woman.

She added: “We get invited to a lot of stuff. We were invited to go on Pointless Celebrities and I was like, ‘No. No one is seeing on national TV how stupid I am.’”

“We shy away from a lot of things,” Kate added. “We are really private people. Nom has never been about us. We just came up with an idea.”

• Wow
Reactions: 4
There must be some kind of psychological trauma holding them back from losing weight, the sheer embarrassment of selling diet cook books at that size would be enough motivation for me

Reactions: 6

Yel

I was trying to see if I could find any recent pics and this is the most recent article on them from Dec 22. https://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/23188636.pinch-nom-pair-pressures-fame-star-wars-wedding/

I like how they’re trying to make out they’re just really private people, not that they’re hiding away because people won’t buy their cookbook if they knew it contained diet advice from a 30st woman.
And that pic is on their wedding day that they could very well have dieted for.

Anyone can stick cottage cheese in a wholemeal pitta along with a tomato and a olive and call it pizza. But being healthy is so so much more complicated than making a low calorie meal.

Very disingenuous with their super unfulfilling recipes that no one who's used to a normal western diet can realistically stick to eating.

Reactions: 10
I just got done preparing a dish from Siobhan of Slimming Eats’ Made Simple book to have later.

The recipes compared to Pinch of Nom are worlds apart, so tasty and not full of tit chemical filled ingredients and are satisfying.

Also Siobhan has integrity, seems a lovely person and has maintained her weight loss!

Reactions: 3
Turning up at a BBQ with quark with HEA blue cheese dip. Unlocked memory there 😂 I’ve not bought it in years but pretended it was as near as Philly and SYN FREE! 🥴
I used to love it in a bowl with blueberries strawberries and crumbled up digestive or meringue and sometimes a sweet sauce or something.

My fave was with a small crunchie though.as my syns with caramel sauce

• Haha
Reactions: 1

Yel

Anyone who suggests quark, handful of blueberries and 1/4 of a rich tea crumbled up will make the best cheesecake you ever did eat🥰, can get in the sea.

Been there, done that. Was 'orrible.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I think my own personal hell was some sort of Quark carbonara. BOAK.

Lesson learned. Jamie Oliver does a beautiful one for under 500 cals. Job done.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My old SW group used to all stare at me like I had 2 heads when I said about using X amount of syns on a meal. It was like they’d go to any cost to make a meal syn free even if it tasted like gruel just so they could save their syns for treats!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I never got on with SW but will admit I did really well when WW did the whole 'no count thing'. Most likely as I was in my twenties (sob) and reducing calories and not eating chips and cheese would have worked anyway.

Reactions: 2
Anyone who suggests quark, handful of blueberries and 1/4 of a rich tea crumbled up will make the best cheesecake you ever did eat🥰, can get in the sea.

Been there, done that. Was 'orrible.
I don't suggest it was the best cheesecake at all. I just liked it as a midweek thing. Yoghurt often gives me tummy ache although I like it I don't like how it makes me feel and I didn't want to eat chocolate mouse all the time. Weekends we usually make a chocolate fudge cake at home.never really stuck to SW very well at a weekend haha

I used to put quark in mashed potatoes and convince myself it was just as good as proper mash made with butter. Needless to say it was rank.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I used to put quark in mashed potatoes and convince myself it was just as good as proper mash made with butter. Needless to say it was rank.
Instant mash was once a free food. I seem to remember people would snack on it. Mmm wallpaper paste-y.

• Sick
I think I did the same with Philly, which probably wasn't as dire as Quark, but also quite high on the sadness scale. Lovely, vinegary no fat soft cheese sadness.

• Sad
Someone this size (photo @Skinnybae) making millions from telling the rest of us how to reduce calories makes me really angry. I'm off to eat a bag of Monster Munch.
WHATTTT!!! She’s bleeping massive and preaching about calorie control!!

Reactions: 1

Yel

Someone this size (photo @Skinnybae) making millions from telling the rest of us how to reduce calories makes me really angry. I'm off to eat a bag of Monster Munch.
I remember when their first book was out and press articles were "these two aren't slim Minnie's, which actually makes them perfect to help you lose weight!"

How many cals a day does someone have to eat to maintain that? 10'000+?