A photo a day.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love the Hoover building. I used to drive up and down the A40 regularly so know it well. Think it's a Tesco or something now.
Planning departments and councils, really detest Art Deco architecture. They would rather demolish exquisite buildings, than adapt them for modern purposes. And it is not just architecture that has fallen out of favour, ceramics have little value at the moment.
I personally really like Art Deco.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
IMG20231118150703.jpg

The Ford / JLR factory in Speke.

Love the Hoover Building pics. There used to be a hospital on the other side of the A40, about half a mile up, where I was born. They closed it after they had produced me, the perfect offspring :p

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I love the Hoover building. I used to drive up and down the A40 regularly so know it well. Think it's a Tesco or something now.
Part of it is a Tesco, but they’ve kept the original outside features (shame they gutted what was inside :(). However, the main building in the black and white photo has been bought by a property developer who is turning it into luxury flats in keeping with the art deco style and as an homage to the past is installing Hoover appliances into each of them :LOL:. I think it’s quite a nice touch!

Reactions: 9
Frameless, London. An immersive art gallery, shown as videos.

IMG_8359.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I worked at the hoover building as abandoned. Creepy. Huge old historic building. Gave me the creeps. They still kept all the essentials running , so we had to maintain them.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I worked at the hoover building as abandoned. Creepy. Huge old historic building. Gave me the creeps. They still kept all the essentials running , so we had to maintain them.
That’s fascinating. You didn’t take any photos while you were working there did you?

Reactions: 5
Screenshot_20231124-224556.jpg
We had a little ruckus today in our backyard garden. The visitor was not quite impressed at us when we took a snap

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
I'm sure someone in my area would draw little people running away in terror, maybe laser coming out of the ducks eyes. Bloody vandals.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I must have walked past this hundreds of times, yet only noticed it 2 days ago. County Hall, London.
20231106_114131.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.