A County Down Under

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The bread and butter will be tutoring. She’ll throw in the mental health workshops as extras. The whole concept is not new and she’s ripped it off from elsewhere.
I’m not sure her core following are the same people that have kids of tutoring age.

Reactions: 2
I don’t follow her closely but did she work in a private school?

If so, that will be her target audience - if parents are paying private school fees in Sydney, they will easily splash out on extra help if their kid needs it. Some of Sydney’s best schools might be 15-20k a year (I think). Now not sure why she thinks they would choose her & her more general tutoring but she might be using connections from the school she used to work in?
The thing is this is Northern Ireland not Sydney and she hasn’t even taught here before. I’m pretty sure she taught in England before moving to Australia so she doesn’t won’t even have a name for herself in the teaching community.

Reactions: 8
I don’t follow her closely but did she work in a private school?

If so, that will be her target audience - if parents are paying private school fees in Sydney, they will easily splash out on extra help if their kid needs it. Some of Sydney’s best schools might be 15-20k a year (I think). Now not sure why she thinks they would choose her & her more general tutoring but she might be using connections from the school she used to work in?
Some are upwards of $30k!

Reactions: 1
Some are upwards of $30k!
Yep in my experience it’s $30-40k for private secondary schools 🤮 and that’s just fees. Add all the extra fees for this that and the other, extra curriculars, multiple uniforms/ sports uniforms etc. It’s actually insane

The thing is this is Northern Ireland not Sydney and she hasn’t even taught here before. I’m pretty sure she taught in England before moving to Australia so she doesn’t won’t even have a name for herself in the teaching community.
Ah my mistake - thought this was a new Sydney venture. Totally agree on all your points then!

I actually find it borderline creepy that she purposely sat outside her old school with a camera set up waiting for her old class to come out of whatever class they were in to ambush them and say hi. Just something a bit off about loitering around school property with a phone set up when you no longer work there. It doesn’t sit right!

Reactions: 21
I actually find it borderline creepy that she purposely sat outside her old school with a camera set up waiting for her old class to come out of whatever class they were in to ambush them and say hi. Just something a bit off about loitering around school property with a phone set up when you no longer work there. It doesn’t sit right!
I found it very inappropriate too. I was a TEFL teacher years ago, so learned appropriate boundaries with students. It was a bit trickier as my students were sometimes my age, or older. But there still needed to be a firm 'position of authority' line.

Even more so with actual schoolchildren. I just find it so strange that she would hang around like a former pupil to see her old chums. You are not their friend, and they are kids. It feels so NEEDY.

Reactions: 15
The strategically placed bag in the schoolyard video 🤮

And the self professed mindful mental health guru describing herself as a lunatic - real cool carol, real in touch with the mental health advocacy community 👌🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I would imagine that schools would have a fair amount of staff turnover from year to year and ive seen it in my own job, once you are gone noone really cares, especially not the students. Caroline really has big meas in herself to sit at the gate with her camera, its just weird. Don’t get me started on the placement of the bag! Embarrassing. The way irish people who have lived in Australia go on absolutely wrecks my head, going on about the wages, the lifestyle, the social life. If its so great why didnt she stay there? Its the same with Terrie McEvoy she spent a few years there and named her child after the place! Give me strength.

Reactions: 4
Constantly goes on about being single and doesn’t have time for a man. Prowls around Byron to try to catch a glimpse of Liam Hemsworth. Or Zac Efron apparently.

Suppose Carols famous now and can only date other “celebs”.

Strewth

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Scundered for her. Can’t believe she posted the dad looking the 145 pound for the Bruce tickets I know she wanted to let us know she’s going but Jesus the second hand embarrassment. 😳

Scundered for her. Can’t believe she posted the dad looking the 145 pound for the Bruce tickets I know she wanted to let us know she’s going but Jesus the second hand embarrassment. 😳
She’s just looking to show off the fact she’s splashing the cash. Shocked she didn’t say sure I’ll pay for yours too 😒

The only person I've seen go on about BeINg hAPpy SinGLe like her is Siobhán O'Hagan, who went out and purposely got pregnant from a ONS and now has to navigate co-parenting etc- but SHE'S NEVER BEEN HAPPIER, OK?!!!
Methinks Carol doth protest too much.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.