_GeorgieFit #3 It’s only thread #3 if you think it’s thread #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is her coach - Dan Welburn

Currently 22.5 stone/315lbs

Imagine driving 4 hours just to be told in person by this guy to "reduce your calories and increase your step count"

🤢

Attachments

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Funny that she’s obsessed with step counts because apple watches are a SMART WATCH not a fitness watch and are are absolutely tit at counting steps

Reactions: 4
Funny that she’s obsessed with step counts because apple watches are a SMART WATCH not a fitness watch and are are absolutely tit at counting steps
You can shuffle around the kitchen for a few minutes and rack up a thousand steps with an apple watch :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1
I wanna know what’s happened to her and Matt Smart - don’t see to be all over each other like before... he was probably using her for the gym container!

Reactions: 6
I wanna know what’s happened to her and Matt Smart - don’t see to be all over each other like before... he was probably using her for the gym container!
I think she’s jealous of him, he seemed to get shredded a lot quicker than her

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Nooo don’t tell me this hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 5
This is her coach - Dan Welburn

Currently 22.5 stone/315lbs

Imagine driving 4 hours just to be told in person by this guy to "reduce your calories and increase your step count"

🤢
It really amuses me when male bodybuilders have massive legs but teeny tiny glutes

Sorry!!
😂😢😂😱😱
I found that mine always under counted compared to fit bits.
I prefer it for steps compared to having a fitbit for years for same reason.
I think fitbit gave me steps just for a sneeze

None of them are truly accurate 😂 painting the walls clocked up thousands. Daft how some people put so much emphasis on the importance of step counts

None of them are truly accurate 😂 painting the walls clocked up thousands. Daft how some people put so much emphasis on the importance of step counts
I know none give truly accurate readings but I do like having something to work with and it gives me slightly less calorie burn than what my Myzone did so I prefer this as makes me work harder.
It’s what works for you and what you get out of it

Reactions: 2
Sorry to disappoint but calories are all over the place as well as HR is inaccurate as it’s only on the wrist and when you move during exercise it’s even more unreliable

Sorry to disappoint but calories are all over the place as well as HR is inaccurate as it’s only on the wrist and when you move during exercise it’s even more unreliable
Not disappointed as it motivates me, everyone and every gadget is different and you do what works best for you, it’s what you get out of it

Reactions: 3
Not disappointed as it motivates me, everyone and every gadget is different and you do what works best for you, it’s what you get out of it
Based on potentially inaccurate info?
Info gained from smart watches or fitness watches should be used with a pinch of salt to say the least.

PT stepping in here! My clients would often come to me with the whole fitness/smart watch predicament and this is how I see it (as someone that has been using a Fitbit and now Apple Watch for about 8 years).
At the end of the day, it's about consistency, and in this case (if you're dubious about the accuracy) 'inaccurate inconsistency'.
Okay so you might not literally hit 10,000 steps that day, but if you use the same watch day after day for a year, you're going to get your own personal baseline and something to go by. Also, if the goal of hitting 10k steps gets you out and about, keeping active & healthy, it probably doesn't matter all that much whether it ends up being 9,000 or 11,000.
They can be a fun tool, but easy to get obsessed with, so if you think you may get fixated on the accuracy then it could just be that they aren't for you 💗
I hope this helped somehow xx

• Heart
Reactions: 25
PT stepping in here! My clients would often come to me with the whole fitness/smart watch predicament and this is how I see it (as someone that has been using a Fitbit and now Apple Watch for about 8 years).
At the end of the day, it's about consistency, and in this case (if you're dubious about the accuracy) 'inaccurate inconsistency'.
Okay so you might not literally hit 10,000 steps that day, but if you use the same watch day after day for a year, you're going to get your own personal baseline and something to go by. Also, if the goal of hitting 10k steps gets you out and about, keeping active & healthy, it probably doesn't matter all that much whether it ends up being 9,000 or 11,000.
They can be a fun tool, but easy to get obsessed with, so if you think you may get fixated on the accuracy then it could just be that they aren't for you 💗
I hope this helped somehow xx
This ☝ I tipped over at 22 stone a few years back. Had zero motivation to even live some days. Severe depression & bipolar. Then came my first Apple Watch. And even though I got told over and over it wasn’t accurate, not to believe it, it’s basically tit & lies, it helped me to get up and move for 12 hours. It helped me to get out and close that ring. It helped me to focus and have a small goal. I went from staying in when and were I could to walking an hour in the morning. I started to do a small bit of exercise on days I couldn’t walk. I started to have a goal and I thrived of that. Oh a whole week with my rings closed. Let’s try and get it to 2 weeks, to a month and so on.
Regardless of what it does/doesn’t do, for one person it can be life changing. As it was for me.
So based on inaccurate information from the watch I lost 7.5 stone in 2 years. Calorie deficit yes. But I do believe the watch had power behind it. Because for the first time in 10+ years I moved every day. And now even with a gym plan and so much knowledge, a healthy view of food, a new outlook on life; I need the watch. I need to do them steps. To close my rings. Because it motivates me and makes me get up and out. I may have lost the weight but the depression & bipolar are me. And I know and guarantee that without my watch, when I’m in the midst of a clusterfuck of a time, my watch helps me focus. My ring closing goal gets me out with headphones. Gets me up in the rain.
It may be obsession, it may be too much but for me it works mentally and physically.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.