8 Passengers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Julie & Abby will definitely have suffered, I can't imagine how they must've felt knowing their siblings were locked up and being starved but being powerless to do anything about it.
Mental abuse holds people in a vice, they will have been made to believe that nobody would believe them if they'd told someone and fearful of the same punishment. That's something they will have to process and deal with the 'what ifs' for the rest of their lives because none of the adults in their circle who are supposed to protect them could come up with any way to help.
Honestly my heart goes out to all those kids. Abby and Julie either knew about their younger siblings being locked up and starved in Jodis house (possibly in rubis house too) and maybe threatened with the same being done to them if they didn’t listen and follow everything Ruby and Jodi said or they didn’t know exactly what their younger siblings were going through if they weren’t getting to see them . Either way it’s horrendous for them to see siblings tortured like that knowing there’s nothing you can do to stop it cause you’re being so controlled by your mum or not knowing what’s happened to your siblings but worrying everyday wondering where they are and if they’re ok would make anyone terrified. Those poor kids have all been psychologically abused for years that when she would be giving one of their siblings a hard time with cruel punishments , she would convince the other siblings that their sibling was a bad kid who deserved to be punished and it was always so uncomfortable to watch. She would manipulate all the kids that she was treating them badly because she loved them.

Exactly they would all of been made fearful so would of been made to think if they spoke about it nobody would believe them and also these kids have been taught for years abuse like this equals love and their parents used religion to manipulate the kids into thinking God agrees with the abuse as punishment. The parents and Jodi are sick people. Chad would always give such robotic answers it was so sad he was abused that much that he had been convinced by his parents he deserved it and that it was a good thing they were doing to help him be better it’s so messed up they would do this to their kids. In the last few years since Jodi came into the picture , the youngest two kids seem to have been targeted a lot from the Christmas gifts being taken away and constantly being given a hard time to now finding out they’ve been starved and other physical abuse aswell as psychological.

I really hope all these kids can have a safer happier life but it’s going to be a lot of trauma for them to work through and they might never fully heal from this because being so abused certain things are going to stick especially the psychological abuse they’ve been made to believe certain things for so long it’ll be hard for them.

Reactions: 8
I don’t know much about the American legal system but what she’s been charged with, I assume carries some jail time? Especially given that it doesn’t appear she’s had a bail option? But again, I’m in the UK so I don’t really know how it works!
Max 10 years per charge, according to the bbc article.

Reactions: 3
How does it work when people are dragged into cults in terms of their criminal responsibility? Obviously this woman had issues prior to joining connexions as the years of videos show, but I’m wondering if her defence will be that she was brain washed by Jodi.

Reactions: 4
Also read something about Utah law meaning she cant be sentenced to more than 30? That state is absolutely unbelievable
I'm assuming it's to stop things like you see in some states where people get 200 years for relatively minor offences because of consecutive terms.

Reactions: 2
No sign of their grandparents returning? I thought a lot of the LDS teachings were around family!

Reactions: 6
When this goes to trial, I can't wait to see police cam footage of their arrests.
Ruby is as vile as they come, but Jodi gives me the chills. There's no life in her eyes and she radiates evil.

Reactions: 24
I’d love to see her smarmy face in a mugshot. I hope that R and E are now on the road to physical healing but I fear their mental healing is going to take a very very long time.
It seems that J and A, were found in their home city and not exhibiting any of the physical signs of abuse
---

There’s no way her sisters have reported her otherwise I’m certain the police would have acted upon it. A report from someone anonymously may not have been enough but if that report came from her sisters, they’d have to take it seriously. Also slightly dubious about the oldest daughter for the same reasons. She lived in the home. I’m not sure I could have left my brothers and sisters knowing what they were going through. Her reports alone would have been enough to spark suspicion, especially with any from the wider family
I think Shari said she believed everything that was going on in the house, but after moving to college she started questioning things in her head but couldn’t say anything, she slowly stopped going home, I don’t think she new the extent things had got to.
It’ll be interesting to find out why Abby and Julie where at rubys house and Russell and eve at Jodie’s, what did the older girls think was going on? Where the two girls still going to school? How long had it been since they saw Russell and eve, yes ruby was odd, strict in her parenting and seemed brainwashed herself by Jodi but I don’t think anyone could think things had got to this extreme going ons

Reactions: 9
No sign of their grandparents returning? I thought a lot of the LDS teachings were around family!
I wonder if they need special approval from higher ups to leave the mission, or maybe they have to wait for a relacement Misson president and wife to arrive? But also...I wouldn't be totally surprised if they don't come back. The whole extended family just don't seem to be good people (at least, they didn't to me years ago when I watched a bit of Ellie and Jared's channel).

It’ll be interesting to find out why Abby and Julie where at rubys house and Russell and eve at Jodie’s, what did the older girls think was going on?
I have been following off and on through TikTok (as videos pop up) and the Reddit. The document below mentions that the youngest shouldn't be around other kids and people have speculated that it's likely related to them not living in "truth" or whatever the specific terminology they use when a child is "misbehaving". Someone also said that apparently Jodi recommended this to a mother who had complained of her child misbehaving in the Facebook group
1693681148425.png

Reactions: 7
I think Shari said she believed everything that was going on in the house, but after moving to college she started questioning things in her head but couldn’t say anything, she slowly stopped going home, I don’t think she new the extent things had got to.
It’ll be interesting to find out why Abby and Julie where at rubys house and Russell and eve at Jodie’s, what did the older girls think was going on? Where the two girls still going to school? How long had it been since they saw Russell and eve, yes ruby was odd, strict in her parenting and seemed brainwashed herself by Jodi but I don’t think anyone could think things had got to this extreme going ons
The BIB is what I meant by I don’t think the sisters realised the extent. I suspect after the first time they contacted CPS, or supported Shari to contact them, Ruby totally cut them off.

The older two girls don’t seem to have been physically abused to anywhere near the same extent and at least one of them had a job where it’s possible Shari and/or Ruby’s sisters could speak to them without Ruby knowing. If the older girls weren’t aware of the level and the sisters/Shari weren’t plus their efforts to call CPS and police repeatedly failed as Shari has stated and Kevin seems to have been entirely checked out, it leaves everyone in a really tit position that “allows” Ruby and Jodi to escalate it to more and more horrific levels without anyone having the knowledge to make another report of the abuse with the new details.

As of Friday evening they have each been charged with SIX counts to the violence done to the two youngest. Sounds like they are still in hospital recovering and were also near death from starvation. Each of the 6 counts could be up to 15 years in prison, so they are facing 90 years right now.

They still have yet to interview the middle two girls, so Ruby and Jodi may receive even more charges. Kevin can be charged as well if the kids will admit what has been done to them. We know she was neglectful and violent with Chad. He's just turned 18. He will be interviewed as well as Shari.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I remember a few years ago, Ruby's blog from probably around 10 years ago was found. I wish I remembered the name of her blog, I know it had a fruit in it, like lemons/peaches/apricots, something like that. Anyway, one of her entries on it was all about how Kevin had spent an entire day "disciplining" the kids (physical) for their behaviour the day before. I felt sick to my stomach reading it and can't for the life of me find it now. But it shows they have both been abusing these poor kids for years.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
A few weeks ago I saw on TikTok people had found Chads vsco account and an insta account he had apparently made too but after people had found photos of him on his vsco , he deleted everything. Some people on TikTok said that before his insta was deleted he apparently posted on his story “I love you mom” or something along the lines of loving her. I’m not sure if he was still in contact with Ruby or not at all but if it’s true he posted that then I genuinely feel so sorry for these kids not only for all child exploitation, psychological and physical abuse but also the fact that at the end of the day that’s their mum and dad so it must be so confusing and very hard to detach yourself from the only life you’ve ever known , all the emotions you would be feeling and accept the awful things you were put through by the people who should of been taking care of you and loving you but instead controlled and abused you but made you think it was out of love.

We can all see how evil Jodi and Ruby are for what they’ve done and they deserve to rot in prison. As for Kevin he played a part in the psychological abuse throughout the years he’s not innocent. I really hope all 6 kids get all the help they’ll need to get to a place mentally that they can fully understand how badly they were treated and hopefully they can have a private happier life but bless them it’s going to be traumatic and very difficult to ever fully heal and move past something like this. It makes me sick to my stomach to even think about what those two youngest kids went through.

Reactions: 11
I wonder what Ruby's 'excuse' will be as to why they were down there, what was her end goal? To starve them to death? If it's true that they're still in hospital then they must've been pretty near deaths door. Children bounce back very quickly and the fact they seemingly haven't speaks volumes. Bless Russell for having the courage to get out of there when he must've had very little energy and been absolutely petrified of the consequences of being caught. I cant even comprehend what he went through and what he witnessed his sister going through 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I remember being shocked at the disproportionate discipline Ruby gave her kids (the no food for her 6 year old who forgot her own lunch and making her son sleep on a bean bag for months as punishment for a prank). All so extreme and harsh.
I can't believe what's coming to light now. Absolutely vile.
Thank goodness for the brave Russell. Life changing decision he made that day and I'm in awe of his courage.
Lets hope all the children can start to heal and try to recover from this. They're going to need so much time, love and support.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
This isn’t true, if you read the legal docs posted on Reddit there’s not a single mention of a panic room. E was found in Jodi’s house in a bathroom and the older two were found in Ruby’s house.
If it's not true then that's a bloody relief!
It was a pod cast I saw yesterday morning. Not sure where they got that information from.

If it's not true then that's a bloody relief!
It was a pod cast I saw yesterday morning. Not sure where they got that information from.
I think it’s come from a dispatch call on TikTok. I saw it today but someone said it was from a different call. So who knows. I saw it on dad challenge podcast too

I remember the Turpin case and how horrible that was. I didn't think it could get any worse than that. I can't believe that a few years later, a similar situation involving a family channel I used to watch would happen. I hate to think how many else are out there. People are so sick.

Reactions: 7