8 Passengers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I only know of this family because of a commentary youtuber I watch (sixteenleo) doing a video on them a few years back. What she showed in her videos on 8 passengers was bad enough, I can't believe it was so much worse behind the scenes. Glad something is finally being done for these kids.

Reactions: 2
Some of these clips on TikTok are shocking, and the family didn’t know…. Please!

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Bit late but about the homophobic thing, there was a video that has since been deleted of them going to support chick fi la when it came out they were against gay marriage and funded anti gay organisations. In the video ruby is boasting about the amount of people there and says “ we’re supporting marriage between man and woman” here’s a link that was uploaded by a channel after they deleted the original video.
Take THAT gay marriage 😂 hopefully they have artery clogging meals in prison! 😘

Reactions: 3
Some of these clips on TikTok are shocking, and the family didn’t know…. Please!

Using scripture to abuse the most vulnerable. Fundamental religion has a lot to answer for and God help those who harm a child, because the lot of them think they own their children. Mere possessions to do with as they please. Jesus wept.

Reactions: 12
I don’t know much about the American legal system but what she’s been charged with, I assume carries some jail time? Especially given that it doesn’t appear she’s had a bail option? But again, I’m in the UK so I don’t really know how it works!

Reactions: 2
I don’t know much about the American legal system but what she’s been charged with, I assume carries some jail time? Especially given that it doesn’t appear she’s had a bail option? But again, I’m in the UK so I don’t really know how it works!
It sounds like she's looking at some serious prison time upwards of 10 years if found guilty.

Other than the fact that she comes across horrifically from what she's sharing (talk about a lack of self awareness!) she comes across as having little understanding of basic child development and one of the reasons for feeling that her kids are behaving horribly is down to her ludicrous standards.
Just listening to her talk in the Christmas video it's obvious that the numbness from the kids and their poor behaviour are signs of trauma.
Even setting aside the horrifying condition the kids were found in, the toll on those poor kids living in such a tense and punitive environment must have been causing them serious distress.

In regards to other family members not doing enough, I'm pretty sure Utah is one of the states that allows parents to physical punish their children. It can be difficult for CPS to prove it's crossed the line from discipline to abuse.

Reactions: 9
Disgusting POS is no different from her sister.
I don't believe these sisters have tried their hardest to help these kids at all. Also, this isn't their story to tell. Especially making money from it. These poor kids have had enough of their lives plastered on the internet. Any adult that had an inkling of knowledge that abuse was happening and didn't call the police need charging as well (I'd put money on it that none of the sisters actually reported Ruby).

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I’d love to see her smarmy face in a mugshot. I hope that R and E are now on the road to physical healing but I fear their mental healing is going to take a very very long time.
It seems that J and A, were found in their home city and not exhibiting any of the physical signs of abuse
---
I don't believe these sisters have tried their hardest to help these kids at all. Also, this isn't their story to tell. Especially making money from it. These poor kids have had enough of their lives plastered on the internet. Any adult that had an inkling of knowledge that abuse was happening and didn't call the police need charging as well (I'd put money on it that none of the sisters actually reported Ruby).
There’s no way her sisters have reported her otherwise I’m certain the police would have acted upon it. A report from someone anonymously may not have been enough but if that report came from her sisters, they’d have to take it seriously. Also slightly dubious about the oldest daughter for the same reasons. She lived in the home. I’m not sure I could have left my brothers and sisters knowing what they were going through. Her reports alone would have been enough to spark suspicion, especially with any from the wider family

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Also slightly dubious about the oldest daughter for the same reasons. She lived in the home. I’m not sure I could have left my brothers and sisters knowing what they were going through. Her reports alone would have been enough to spark suspicion, especially with any from the wider family
I don’t think I can blame S for getting out. She’s a victim as well and trauma like that would impact your choices etc. It sounds like she has tried to tell people what went on, not sure whether it was family or the authorities.

Reactions: 16
Absolutely don’t blame her for getting out. But she had a route out, the other 5 didn’t at that point. But hindsight eh.

Reactions: 6
While I think Shari suffered from the psychological abuse I don’t think the actual physical abuse happened until more recently, maybe even after she left and wasn’t there to protect the younger ones as Shari did to an extent parent those kids. She could have been reporting only what she went through.

The aunts may not have been aware of the physical and only the psychological. If that’s all that was reported and happening at the time CPS could/would visit and probably see a clean house, food, children who physically were well at the time and see no problem. If that’s all that was reported then they wouldn’t take further reports seriously.
Are the kids still in their school? Wouldn’t they have noticed if ongoing,

As for Kevin, they are his kids. Malnutrition don’t happen overnight and these behaviours have gone on for years. He’s been aware of things and even complicet so he should be charged too.

What I find very telling is that only R&E were tied up and that J&A were in the house but not , also that it was not Rubys house.

No matter what I am just glad that these kids are safe now and can recover, I just hope that they don’t give custody to Kevin.

Reactions: 17
While I think Shari suffered from the psychological abuse I don’t think the actual physical abuse happened until more recently, maybe even after she left and wasn’t there to protect the younger ones as Shari did to an extent parent those kids. She could have been reporting only what she went through.

The aunts may not have been aware of the physical and only the psychological. If that’s all that was reported and happening at the time CPS could/would visit and probably see a clean house, food, children who physically were well at the time and see no problem. If that’s all that was reported then they wouldn’t take further reports seriously.
Are the kids still in their school? Wouldn’t they have noticed if ongoing,

As for Kevin, they are his kids. Malnutrition don’t happen overnight and these behaviours have gone on for years. He’s been aware of things and even complicet so he should be charged too.

What I find very telling is that only R&E were tied up and that J&A were in the house but not , also that it was not Rubys house.

No matter what I am just glad that these kids are safe now and can recover, I just hope that they don’t give custody to Kevin.
The youngest two kids were being homeschooled so unfortunately that’s another reason Ruby and Jodi got away with abusing them because not only were the kids not being posted online there was also no other adults who would see the physical and mental changes in these children. I wonder if those 2 youngest kids were kept locked up inside 24/7 and if so when’s the last time they were outside?

Not sure how accurate all this is but I read that the other two kids Abby and Julie , Abby apparently was working in a shop not sure if she is and last people heard both Abby and Julie were attending public school but Im sure the information about that will become public at some point so we’ll have more of an idea on if they homeschooled or not and if they suffered the exact same abuse. They definitely all suffered psychological abuse cause vlogs over the years show that but also with the way Ruby has been the last few years getting way worse there’s no way any of those kids could escape her abuse and manipulation.

I've just seen that the police found the other children in a panic room under the garage! 🥺

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15

yes, he took part in this abuse until they broke up. He knew his children were going through this, he speaks with Chad not sure about Shari looks like she stays with Julie. But he KNEW and did nothing along with either of their families to get the kids out of her custody. I imagine a lot of this comes down to them being protected by the Mormon community. It’s no secret that there is a lot of child abuse within the community.

I hope these kids end up together out of this family if I’m honest. They need a break from the circus of YouTube!

I just hope the police investigate who they were selling these connexion classes to and check out the kids from those families as well as they were teaching this abuse to paying customers

Reactions: 13
I've just seen that the police found the other children in a panic room under the garage! 🥺
This isn’t true, if you read the legal docs posted on Reddit there’s not a single mention of a panic room. E was found in Jodi’s house in a bathroom and the older two were found in Ruby’s house.

The youngest two kids were being homeschooled so unfortunately that’s another reason Ruby and Jodi got away with abusing them because not only were the kids not being posted online there was also no other adults who would see the physical and mental changes in these children. I wonder if those 2 youngest kids were kept locked up inside 24/7 and if so when’s the last time they were outside?

Not sure how accurate all this is but I read that the other two kids Abby and Julie , Abby apparently was working in a shop not sure if she is and last people heard both Abby and Julie were attending public school but Im sure the information about that will become public at some point so we’ll have more of an idea on if they homeschooled or not and if they suffered the exact same abuse. They definitely all suffered psychological abuse cause vlogs over the years show that but also with the way Ruby has been the last few years getting way worse there’s no way any of those kids could escape her abuse and manipulation.
Julie & Abby will definitely have suffered, I can't imagine how they must've felt knowing their siblings were locked up and being starved but being powerless to do anything about it.
Mental abuse holds people in a vice, they will have been made to believe that nobody would believe them if they'd told someone and fearful of the same punishment. That's something they will have to process and deal with the 'what ifs' for the rest of their lives because none of the adults in their circle who are supposed to protect them could come up with any way to help.

Reactions: 4
I only found out about this today but isn't it chilling the way she talks about her kids. Sorry but what 6 year old is expected to make their own lunch for school? She just sounds like she resents having kids and doesn't want to be a Mum. Glad it's all been exposed and hope the kids can heal and she's put away for a long time.

Reactions: 15