8 Passengers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember a few years ago, Ruby's blog from probably around 10 years ago was found. I wish I remembered the name of her blog, I know it had a fruit in it, like lemons/peaches/apricots, something like that. Anyway, one of her entries on it was all about how Kevin had spent an entire day "disciplining" the kids (physical) for their behaviour the day before. I felt sick to my stomach reading it and can't for the life of me find it now. But it shows they have both been abusing these poor kids for years.
Wasn‘t that about another family? I remember this from the R life. The mom of that family had a blog where she talked about this.

C0BC3630-7296-4E1A-90DD-48AC782D9F4E.png

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
What happens now with the US legal system? Will they be held until the case goes to trial? Or until they’ve got their evidence and then waiting for a trial date. Sometimes the UK cases take years to go to trial?
Kevin knew exactly what she was like. That’s why he left. So he needs charging with something. He’s just as guilty as they are.

Reactions: 7
What happens now with the US legal system? Will they be held until the case goes to trial? Or until they’ve got their evidence and then waiting for a trial date. Sometimes the UK cases take years to go to trial?
Kevin knew exactly what she was like. That’s why he left. So he needs charging with something. He’s just as guilty as they are.
Article in the mail has photos of Kevin (with his wedding ring on) at the house. So I'm sure the rumours of him being arrested are true. He was there getting the 'youtube' and '8 passengers' vinyl logo taken off the back of their family vehicle.
Article also said that neighbours of Jodi had seen the kids out weeding all day in sorching heat. Will see if I can find it to link.

ETA link

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I think it’s come from a dispatch call on TikTok. I saw it today but someone said it was from a different call. So who knows. I saw it on dad challenge podcast too
It is from a different call. Then a combination of people not realising that and people who do using it for clicks - why does anyone need to blind react to the call like dad challenge did, it’s sick.

Attachments

Reactions: 2
Article in the mail has photos of Kevin (with his wedding ring on) at the house. So I'm sure the rumours of him being arrested are true. He was there getting the 'youtube' and '8 passengers' vinyl logo taken off the back of their family vehicle.
Article also said that neighbours of Jodi had seen the kids out weeding all day in sorching heat. Will see if I can find it to link.

ETA link
Good grief.. who’s that with him? Brother? So are saying it’s unlikely he’s been arrested at this point? Or has he, and now been bailed?

Good grief.. who’s that with him? Brother? So are saying it’s unlikely he’s been arrested at this point? Or has he, and now been bailed?
I honestly don't know, I'm not based in America and have zero idea about how you would find that information out. Although I think the article said something about him hoping to keep the children together?
But it also mentioned that 2? of them have gone into child protective services, if Kevin wasn't in any trouble you'd think they would automatically go to him.

Reactions: 3
I read on Reddit that the father is going to attempt to get custody of the children, so I don’t think he’s been arrested. Plus no one has been able to find records of his arrest

Reactions: 5
I honestly don't know, I'm not based in America and have zero idea about how you would find that information out. Although I think the article said something about him hoping to keep the children together?
But it also mentioned that 2? of them have gone into child protective services, if Kevin wasn't in any trouble you'd think they would automatically go to him.
It sounds like he was spoken to by police but wasn’t arrested.

I suppose the rest of the family are in a tit position again now, I can’t believe Kevin wasn’t more aware and in a better position to act on the abuse than the rest of them but if there’s a chance he’s going to get custody then they won’t all want to burn their bridges with him because they’ll want to be able to keep an eye on the children. I do think it’s telling the elder girls weren’t instantly “given” to him by the DCFS though.

Reactions: 6
I thought it said some handyman came round to remove the 8 passenger stickers from the van.. so could just be the handyman?

I’m just confused cause yeah Ruby and Kevin separated so he wasn’t living with them but did he just go all this time not seeing the kids? it’s very weird but anyway I’m sure some information will come out about it

Reactions: 6
I thought I’d read somewhere the initial court date was sat for the 8th, but now I can’t find it. I don’t know how the law works particularly in Utah but it sounds like not much more information is going to come out until conviction/acquittal?
I’d love to know how she’s getting on in Jail.

Reactions: 4
I thought I’d read somewhere the initial court date was sat for the 8th, but now I can’t find it. I don’t know how the law works particularly in Utah but it sounds like not much more information is going to come out until conviction/acquittal?
I’d love to know how she’s getting on in Jail.
I hope she’s having the most 💩 time a human can! I hope she’s miserable as hell

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Also if the poor children were being neglected it makes me wonder if they were locked up in either of the two houses all the time.. as otherwise surely someone at their church or when they went out to play would have spotted the signs of neglect? ...neighbours seems to have realised the children weren't being cared for properly but I don't think anyone knew to what extent.

Reactions: 8
Reading about the neighbors calling CPS and nothing being done makes me so sad. If you can't get in the house come back again? Or try and find some way to communicate with people inside?

Very fortunate that R got out in time

Reactions: 11
I hope one day when he starts to heal, R realises the enormous bravery he showed. And that he not only saved his own life, but his sisters too. Heaven knows the punishment that would have awaited him if Ruby or Jodi had found him first.

Reactions: 20