40plusnotgivingupyet

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve always wondered why the blazers, you’re unemployed! I’ve only ever worn one for a job interview.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
It seems to be mainly stay at home (rich, bored) mums who are obsessed with the blazers. I work in a very corporate environment and haven't seen any woman in a blazer since the 90s. They must think it makes them look purposeful and with somewhere to be.

Reactions: 6
The one and only time I wore a blazer to work everyone thought I was off to an interview.
I don’t believe for one minute they wear these things day in day out.StealmyStyle Abi gets dressed up for the school run then comes home and gets changed. Who does that?

Reactions: 5
No Helen, those pleather trousers, hoodie and court shoes do not work together!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I'm afraid she's one of those fashion instagrammers who falls into the way out of their depth category. All they post is formulaic, here's a dress, here is dress with white trainers and a denim jacket, here is dress with a biker, here is dress with a blazer...

It's boring and repetitive. Sadly for Helen, the small mum/tall mum thing, which started out as a great idea, has fallen foul of Abi's smugness "Here's Helen in a size 16 but here's me in a size 2, which is so loose on me, I'd recommend sizing down a couple of sizes"

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The one and only time I wore a blazer to work everyone thought I was off to an interview.
Same!

I know Melissa of Back of The Wardrobe has been mentioned on this thread before - she seems to be part of this crowd. During her recent holiday I watched her follower numbers climb by about a thousand a day allowing her to reach 30k.

I was watching her numbers because I was POSITIVE her followers would drop as most influencers’ numbers drop while they are on holiday, see Does My Bum Look 40 and LuluDumas, but particularly a long holiday abroad during COVID!

I saw she alluded to ‘mean gossip’ or something - I wonder if others have called her out on buying followers? 🤔

Reactions: 6
I've been undecided about backofthewardrobe for a while, she has a tendancy to come across a bit too desperate to get noticed by the bigger fish.

She’s becoming all a bit ad ad ad ad ad - which isn’t surprising as her husband was made redundant and they probably need the money - except she isn’t consistent in labelling advertising clearly as ad ad ad ad ad!!

Reactions: 4
My work dress code is semi casual (I can wear plain fitted black jeans, but no other colour or style jeans, knee length skirt, a shirt or more 'formal' top etc. Men can wear a shirt with chinos but don't have to wear a tie or formal shoes. No trainers allowed on anyone) My job is very much male dominated. I've never worn a blazer in my life for work and I've never seen any of the men I work with wearing one either.

I don't think I know any woman who wears a blazer, not for work and DEFINITELY not for casual wear.

Now, I do like a blazer! I’m going to be controversial 😂 I wear them on nights out and with jeans but they aren’t like the ones Helen wears. Although we are similar in age I’m probably more mutton dressed as lamb than she is. Most of the stuff she sells I don’t think I would look twice at, it’s a bit middle aged.

I think i get the cutting tongues off thing. I believe they were too sticky uppy and stiff. I have a pair of Adidas like that, with a tongue like a bloody razor, and i have thought about it.

I also have cut the plastic ends off my laces, just so I can tuck the knot right underneath the laces without the plastic bits digging into the top of my foot.

I dont follow Abi and never would. Shes too petite and too perfect. I also am not a fan of the Tall Mum Small Mum challenge because its set up for Helen to always look worse.

I much prefer the challenge Trinny does with her busty friend, basically No Tits Vs Lotsa Tits. I find that quite practical.

I look like Helen in real life and veer between a 12 to a 16 depending on the shop ( and god knows whether I'll be a medium or a large or even an XL) find it rather reassuring when she says "its not you, its the shop".

Reactions: 8
I
I think i get the cutting tongues off thing. I believe they were too sticky uppy and stiff. I have a pair of Adidas like that, with a tongue like a bloody razor, and i have thought about it.

I also have cut the plastic ends off my laces, just so I can tuck the knot right underneath the laces without the plastic bits digging into the top of my foot.

I dont follow Abi and never would. Shes too petite and too perfect. I also am not a fan of the Tall Mum Small Mum challenge because its set up for Helen to always look worse.

I much prefer the challenge Trinny does with her busty friend, basically No Tits Vs Lotsa Tits. I find that quite practical.

I look like Helen in real life and veer between a 12 to a 16 depending on the shop ( and god knows whether I'll be a medium or a large or even an XL) find it rather reassuring when she says "its not you, its the shop".
I agree with the Tall mum thing, Abi gives me smug vibes so I don’t follow her. Always feel a bit sorry for Helen as the clothes they try on are always set up to look great on her small friend. And I find myself using that mantra about it being the clothes not you - it’s true!! It is reassuring - sizes are just numbers 🙌🏼

Reactions: 3
Same!

I know Melissa of Back of The Wardrobe has been mentioned on this thread before - she seems to be part of this crowd. During her recent holiday I watched her follower numbers climb by about a thousand a day allowing her to reach 30k.

I was watching her numbers because I was POSITIVE her followers would drop as most influencers’ numbers drop while they are on holiday, see Does My Bum Look 40 and LuluDumas, but particularly a long holiday abroad during COVID!

I saw she alluded to ‘mean gossip’ or something - I wonder if others have called her out on buying followers? 🤔
She looks like a bag lady!

She looks like a bag lady!
I’ve said this about her for some time! She’s Got no style whatsoever and is desperate to be in the in crowd, her style has changed dramatically from absolute mumma frump with no fashion sense since the 80s, to trying too hard And getting it sooo wrong. Wearing beanie hats in winter with the oversized coats or those awful checked big fleecy shirt jacket things that look so cheap with the ugly bovver boots, to big oversized smock dresses with the Birkenstock’s 🤦🏻‍♀️. And don’t get me started on the bikini holiday (look at my mum bod) pics!! I’m so over Instagram and the same same looks from the same people. Asnapshotofme is another one who’s style is what? Cheap crap or jeans, jeans and more jeans with cheap Shirts and jumpers, awful chunky home knits all styled with her Chanel bag? And becoming quite a bragger lately although she makes out she’s just a normal mum. Oh and then of course the mental health card makes an appearance to boost the likes, or the ..I’ve got a big mum tum followed by a silly giggle and a daft TikTock with daughter Ellie! I’m unfollowing so many lately theres going to be no one left! 😂 There’s so many mentions on here that need there own thread!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ve said this about her for some time! She’s Got no style whatsoever and is desperate to be in the in crowd, her style has changed dramatically from absolute mumma frump with no fashion sense since the 80s, to trying too hard And getting it sooo wrong. Wearing beanie hats in winter with the oversized coats or those awful checked big fleecy shirt jacket things that look so cheap with the ugly bovver boots, to big oversized smock dresses with the Birkenstock’s 🤦🏻‍♀️. And don’t get me started on the bikini holiday (look at my mum bod) pics!! I’m so over Instagram and the same same looks from the same people. Asnapshotofme is another one who’s style is what? Cheap crap or jeans, jeans and more jeans with cheap Shirts and jumpers, awful chunky home knits all styled with her Chanel bag? And becoming quite a bragger lately although she makes out she’s just a normal mum. Oh and then of course the mental health card makes an appearance to boost the likes, or the ..I’ve got a big mum tum followed by a silly giggle and a daft TikTock with daughter Ellie! I’m unfollowing so many lately theres going to be no one left! 😂 There’s so many mentions on here that need there own thread!
She hasn't a clue what she's supposed to be. She has changed a lot. She constantly has new clothes so I don't know if she ever sees the back of her wardrobe.

• Haha
I agree with all who say they think she's a big mess. She IS a big mess!! Her hair, her clothes, her chaotic life! She has always been a difficult watch but lockdown has not been kind to Helen and she's become ridiculous. That long pink skirt thing she wears alot needs a bloody good iron, alot of the clothes she puts on needs either a steam or an iron. I can't believe anyone would walk out their house looking like that let alone an influencer! I can't imagine brands looking at her can see how she would be an asset! Mostly Topshop at the moment, who tbf aren't particularly fussy who flog their wares!

Reactions: 2