40plusnotgivingupyet

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't really mind her going on about her weight. She was a 12 last year and she's a 14 now. I appreciate how sometimes she just doesn't fit into something. Makes my size 14 arse feel a bit better.

However I am shockingly sick of that bloody baggy shirt from TopShop I really am. She has mentioned it literally every other day for weeks. Its just a big sack!

Too much repetition. I feel like other Try On people aren't as repetitive. YStyleIreland for example isn't half as repetitive.

Reactions: 1
I don't really mind her going on about her weight. She was a 12 last year and she's a 14 now. I appreciate how sometimes she just doesn't fit into something. Makes my size 14 arse feel a bit better.

However I am shockingly sick of that bloody baggy shirt from TopShop I really am. She has mentioned it literally every other day for weeks. Its just a big sack!

Too much repetition. I feel like other Try On people aren't as repetitive. YStyleIreland for example isn't half as repetitive.
For me it is the black pants from Very....about 100 times in the last week!

40notfrumpy not got her own thread yet? CNt believe how much skincare she gets gifted (there was a bit of begging recently) she couldn’t possibly have time to try it all!

40notfrumpy not got her own thread yet? CNt believe how much skincare she gets gifted (there was a bit of begging recently) she couldn’t possibly have time to try it all!
Just looking at some of 40notfrumpy's photos has me reaching for Canesten! So many of her jeans/trousers seem soooo uncomfortably skin tight on her crotch. 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 8
40notfrumpys photos against that grotty brick wall are just awful. If I were a brand I would never send any of my clothing to that lot that think they’re 40/50+ supermodels doing ridiculous crouched down poses and stuffed in ill fitting clothes. And why is it, that wearing a bikini or bra and knicks gets thousands of likes when they look hideous?

Reactions: 5
40notfrumpys photos against that grotty brick wall are just awful. If I were a brand I would never send any of my clothing to that lot that think they’re 40/50+ supermodels doing ridiculous crouched down poses and stuffed in ill fitting clothes. And why is it, that wearing a bikini or bra and knicks gets thousands of likes when they look hideous?
They go for the #girlpower angle I think. With 40notfrumpy it surprises me that she talks about anxiety but then sits there posing awkwardly in her pants as it’s #gifted!

Reactions: 3
Maybe someone could set up a thread for 40notfrumpy rather than posting on this one.

As much as Helen has her faults, I think she’s lovely compared to her little mate Abi who she seems to idolise. I feel sorry for her when they do their small mum tall mum thing as it’s like conceited little Abi thinks everything looks great on her little frame whereas Helen is bumbling around squishing herself into something ridiculous.

Reactions: 13
I prefer Helen to Abi as well.

however this mornings H&M stuff is awful!

she has some really nice clothes but always seems to show her age/style with shoes-court shoes and leather trousers?? The obsession from both Helen and Abi with blazers!! They seem to buy loads and say they are keeping them and then never wear them.

Reactions: 4
I prefer Helen to Abi as well.

however this mornings H&M stuff is awful!

she has some really nice clothes but always seems to show her age/style with shoes-court shoes and leather trousers?? The obsession from both Helen and Abi with blazers!! They seem to buy loads and say they are keeping them and then never wear them.
yes re the blazers! I don’t get it! Who wears them?! It’s not fashion. I know they periodically come in and out but she’s obsessed!

I've often thought I'm the only one who doesn't own a blazer.
Not sure why a stay-at-home mum like Helen/Abi & Co. would need a blazer - nevermind make it a uniform! 😂

It's something I might wear for a meeting with a very formal client, but most certainly not something I'd choose for carting kids around, cooking, etc.

Blazers seem to be a bit of armour to some of them. Its always "as long as you wear a blazer people will magically think you've got your tit together ".

Which is possibly true? If I met a mum at the school gates in a blazer, I'd definitely think it, I admit that.

Still wouldn't make me buy one though. I'd rather be cosy, even if I look slovenly by comparison. Blazers always look a) freezing and b) uncomfortable around the shoulders.

Which reminds me - is it just me or does Helen simply not feel the cold??? Its camis and blazers 10 months out of the year. Or thin dresses and blazers. I always think she looks absolutely perished. Maybe she just always has the heating on???!!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Blazers seem to be a bit of armour to some of them. Its always "as long as you wear a blazer people will magically think you've got your tit together ".

Which is possibly true? If I met a mum at the school gates in a blazer, I'd definitely think it, I admit that.

Still wouldn't make me buy one though. I'd rather be cosy, even if I look slovenly by comparison. Blazers always look a) freezing and b) uncomfortable around the shoulders.

Which reminds me - is it just me or does Helen simply not feel the cold??? Its camis and blazers 10 months out of the year. Or thin dresses and blazers. I always think she looks absolutely perished. Maybe she just always has the heating on???!!
Yes! I often think this about the cold! She’s sometimes walking the dog at 6am in just a denim jacket!

• Wow
Reactions: 2