40plusnotgivingupyet

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Remember to clear your cookies too....just in case youve ever been tempted to swipe up...even if you didn’t buy she still gets something if you ever revisit a site, even for something unrelated....I didn’t know this until I read that here
Oh don’t worry I never click on the swipe ups. I also avoid using her codes if the retailer has another code going at the same time 😉

Reactions: 3
There's no separate thread for Stealmystyle40 - Abi - but she has been mentioned on here before. She's sulking now as she was called out on a stealth brag about the designer handbag she bought on their little outing today. 'We work hard for it' blah blah blah. Yup, sure you do Abi <rolls eyes> Really really really hard, all that trying on clothes, shoving on swipe ups, drinking wine and complaining. Really hard. Honest.
It did seem like quite a brag and she felt she had to justify it. I’m sure all those bored stay at home non working (yes that inc you Abi) wealthy mums that met for lunch yesterday after their “press event” felt the need to splurge and show off to each other in Selfridges! When will they ever get that Advertising on insta is NOT working! It wasn’t that long ago that all of these Instagrammers didn’t do it for the money, it was just to show what you wore or may have bought or liked etc, it seemed more genuine back then. Now I don’t believe any of them!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
It did seem like quite a brag and she felt she had to justify it. I’m sure all those bored stay at home non working (yes that inc you Abi) wealthy mums that met for lunch yesterday after their “press event” felt the need to splurge and show off to each other in Selfridges! When will they ever get that Advertising on insta is NOT working! It wasn’t that long ago that all of these Instagrammers didn’t do it for the money, it was just to show what you wore or may have bought or liked etc, it seemed more genuine back then. Now I don’t believe any of them!
100% agree! Much more authentic when instagrammers didn’t show things just for the money. Even 40notfrumpy who was at the lunch with Helen & Co has changed to swipe ups, gifts galore, Campaigns, ads etc....she’s even done the fantasie lingerie advert that’s doing the rounds with other ‘influencers’, sitting in her underwear being paid to do so....shame 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 5
100% agree! Much more authentic when instagrammers didn’t show things just for the money. Even 40notfrumpy who was at the lunch with Helen & Co has changed to swipe ups, gifts galore, Campaigns, ads etc....she’s even done the fantasie lingerie advert that’s doing the rounds with other ‘influencers’, sitting in her underwear being paid to do so....shame 🤦‍♀️
Oh don’t get me started on the photos in underwear! Really there’s just no need!

• Haha
Stealth boasting is the worst and abi and Helen do it all the time, especially abi. Oh poor me I'm so skinny I have to eat fried food, poor me having to take my kids to sports all the time, poor me having to wear kids sizes, poor me being gifted all this stuff, poor me being so rich, excuse my mum tum and rolls guys.... it's sickening.

Reactions: 10
Stealth boasting is the worst and abi and Helen do it all the time, especially abi. Oh poor me I'm so skinny I have to eat fried food, poor me having to take my kids to sports all the time, poor me having to wear kids sizes, poor me being gifted all this stuff, poor me being so rich, excuse my mum tum and rolls guys.... it's sickening.
Exactly!!!!

And up this morning is the topshop Jamie jeans (on repeat obvs🙄)...... She looks ridiculous...... Why oh why does she squeeze herself into at least a size too small pair of jeans, tell us they're great, expect us to swipe up immediately and buy, when basically she looks tragic and desperate. More importantly why are Topshop paying this woman. She's a terrible advert IMHO.

It’s just the same photos and videos of products we’ve seen upteen times. Peddling these products with swipe ups - making goodness knows how much easy/ fast money from her followers. Her followers need to understand that most of the stuff is either try ons (therefore returned back to store which is bad) or just in a changing room, paid partnerships so free clothes and paid, gifted, or just stuff that she thinks you’d like with that oh so handy swipe up! She doesnt buy much using her own money. If there wasn’t a swipe up feature I doubt this account would still exist.

Reactions: 2
Those top shop jeans she hasn’t worn!

how many pairs of jeans does one person need??!!

all the prancing about in the mirror doing try on’s makes me dizzy.

what has happened to all her charity shop shopping??!

Reactions: 4
I went on unfollow spree recently, those women are making my blood boil, I like to follow accounts for inspiration or interesting tips or tricks but so mant of them then become simple money rackets. 40plus is awful, she flogs same #### day in day out, it gets boring. He swears by products that are recalled, her amazing best ever Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer is called back and whoever bought it with her doscount code can't get the money even back.

And up this morning is the topshop Jamie jeans (on repeat obvs🙄)...... She looks ridiculous...... Why oh why does she squeeze herself into at least a size too small pair of jeans, tell us they're great, expect us to swipe up immediately and buy, when basically she looks tragic and desperate. More importantly why are Topshop paying this woman. She's a terrible advert IMHO.
Agree about her squeezing herself into things! She would really look so much better if she just admitted to herself she’s a 14. Instead she just buys the smallest size she can shoehorn herself into.

She doesn’t care if it doesn’t fit or even doesn’t look quite right, she addresses any problems with a quick fix of hiding them under a denim or leather biker jacket. Most of the time she doesn’t keep the items she’s trying to sell anyway. As long as people buy the items she will continue trying on any old thing on that makes her money. She’s certainly dedicated to the (HER) cause 💵 💵

I thought I’d share this article if you didnt see it yesterday from Lime Goss (Tattle) summing up instagrammers. It’s an eloquent piece of writing and it talks about them jumping on the kindness bandwagon - making it all about them. Interesting that they talk about kindness and mental health issues, but go straight back into selling mode. There is a petition that some influencers like Cloud interiors are trying to get signed to get rid of Tattle. I think Tattle need their own petition to stop people like these making money so easily from Instagram. Make Influencers more accountable for their actions, what they write, and more transparency with regards to how they make money from swipe ups, ADs etc The ASA need to be tougher and I’d love it if they were no longer able to accept gifts or paid to advertise. What would these people do then? By the way, anyone can talk about being kind. Words don’t mean much but actions mean everything. Showing off gifts, swipe ups to everything, ads etc are not acts of kindness but selfishness. These consumeristic acts only help the influencer make money. Giving to others is an act of kindness. Be kind; take less and give more.

👆But hun she is just sharing some lovely dresses she found to help you out. #begrateful.

*Obviously joking. 😂

I don't think a petition is needed to save tattle. They can't close it down because it is opinions about their sneaky lying behaviour.
However things work both ways, if they want us sensored then I agree they should be sensored and not allowed to flog utter crap to people without fully declaring what they are up to.

• Haha
👆But hun she is just sharing some lovely dresses she found to help you out. #begrateful.

*Obviously joking. 😂

I don't think a petition is needed to save tattle. They can't close it down because it is opinions about their sneaky lying behaviour.
However things work both ways, if they want us sensored then I agree they should be sensored and not allowed to flog utter crap to people without fully declaring what they are up to.
I agree. Cloud interiors was talking about all influencers and followers to sign a petition to stop Tattle. What I meant is Tattle should have a petition against influencers making money from insta. Obvs never going to happen, but imagine influencers having no revenue streams or brands gifting them all the time. They’d have to actually buy products and share information the old fashioned way. I think influencers should be made more accountable for what they post and the ways in which they advertise. Helens account is a merry go round of constant swipe ups and I do think that is fundamentally wrong. Her actions of encouraging people to buy more (not less) is going against what we now know about fast fashion, the impact on the environment, and the negative effects of consumerism in today’s society. Take away the monetary aspect of IG and a lot of these influencers would simply disappear.

I hate the faux concern... try ons 'for you guys', discount codes 'for you guys', found 'you guys' the perfect all saints biker.... Oh ffs please just duck off.

I hate the faux concern... try ons 'for you guys', discount codes 'for you guys', found 'you guys' the perfect all saints biker.... Oh ffs please just duck off.
So many grammers are using this sales technique and it’s very effective. It’s designed to make the people following feel special, it pulls them in, helps build trust. She uses very friendly and relatable language when talking to her audience, and this makes them believe and trust her. More importantly, if anyone dares criticise, comments are deleted and person blocked, so followers only ever see other followers saying positive things. Sheep follow sheep. She only ever shares positive messages on her stories. It’s an effective marketing technique. At the end of the day Helen does not have a personal friendship with the majority of her followers and never will, and they only get to see or hear what she wants them to. Pretty much everything she does is to help her make money. Gone are the days when grammers shared discount codes etc for FREE - no swipe ups, not making money out of people - just good old fashioned sharing.

Reactions: 2
Check out jamessmithpt on IG - his latest post is an igtv rant about influencers and what they do to increase engagement and attention. I’ve just been made aware of his video and I do think he’s spot on with what he’s saying about influencers who engage audiences for money or to collab with brands for swipe ups and ads - Sorry I have no idea how to link his video here...(just wanted to share, no swipe up included 😂 all free!)

I enjoy using IG again after cleaning up those influencers, especially 40plus, no more slimming vests and hideous maxi skirts rammed down my throat. I feel so utterly stupid for following this woman so long and contributing to her income.

The constant posts about skinny jeans!

the latest pic with the boyfriend jeans and heels (nononono!!!!)

Reactions: 4