3 things that made you smile today

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1. Sat in the sunshine and read my book which I'm absolutely hooked with (The Heart's Invisible Furies by John Boyne)
2. Kept up with my daily walks
3. Enjoyed a double chocolate chip cookie

Reactions: 2
1. Went for a drive this afternoon while the toddler slept
2. Played Lego with toddler
3. Applied for jobs

Reactions: 3
1. Kept up my morning daily walk & think it's helping my mood during the day
2. Went to a swim class and had some nice feedback
3. Another day of dry January completed!

1) At the very last minute my son wanted his Nana to take him for his injections today instead of me so I dodged that bullet and couldn’t be happier about it.

2) I’ve had quite a few Zoom/Teams calls today for work and normally they would have completely drained me but I had a great time on them all.

3) After being in a bit of a reading slump recently, the book I’m reading (The Room by Hannah Adkins) is starting to pick up and I’m loving it.

Reactions: 4
My boyfriend made a lovely steak for dinner

my little boy said ‘love you’ for the first time 🥺 he obvs doesn’t know what it means but it was so cute hearing him say it 🥺

bought some Lovely blue paint for my sons room for our new house! The thought of decorating it for him made me smile 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I only have 1 but it was a huge thing for me.
I suffer from social anxiety and in the last 3 years, I have been attempting to go to the shop alone and actually choose something and pay for it. Today, I managed to choose a new face cream for myself and go to the till and pay for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
1. I met my next door neighbours frenchie puppy and had some snuggles
2. Came home to a surprise package of a pamper set, completely unexpected and so thoughtful 😊
3. Picking my son up from nursery and hearing all about his day

Reactions: 5
A long walk. I have had a knee injury and arthritis in the other. I haven’t been very active. It was depressing. Today I walk 6.5 miles. So chuffed.

I had an unexpectedly nice lunch.

I saw a lot of nice dogs.

Not 3 but
Drinking wine and sat in my pjs whatever time of day it’s been and don’t give a flying ! BECAUSE I’m off work Alllllll weekend! which is very unusual unless I’ve booked it as annual leave
I’m back tomorrow, BUT I finished work friday night and have the weekend off !
AND ! I’m coking roast lamb for Sunday lunch AND watching Sunday Brunch !
see how excited am , I made 3 without realising it

• Heart
Went on a day trip to Brighton yesterday with husband

Had a really nice seafood lunch

Got back and had an early night 😏

• Heart
Went on a day trip to Brighton yesterday with husband

Had a really nice seafood lunch

Got back and had an early night 😏
I LOVE Brighton ! It’s on my lotto win list of places to buy , I’d absolutely move there in a heartbeat given the money
I do go to regular day trips, I’m about an hour and a half away by train, but I still take a 4 pack of beer from the Tesco walking from the station and sit on the shingles ❤. It’s my favourite place on earth and I’ve been many places

• Heart
I LOVE Brighton ! It’s on my lotto win list of places to buy , I’d absolutely move there in a heartbeat given the money
I do go to regular day trips, I’m about an hour and a half away by train, but I still take a 4 pack of beer from the Tesco walking from the station and sit on the shingles ❤. It’s my favourite place on earth and I’ve been many places
Oh it would be amazing to live there! I have a friend who is moving there in April. I'm so jealous 😄

Reactions: 1
Early wins

I slept a solid 8 hours, unheard of in these menopausal years
Email telling me to log on to national lottery site, £30 win!
Wordle - got in on second go!

Yesterday..

1) I was finally out of the house after a week self isolating. I got my steps neatly to 10k and it just felt nice to get out of the house, I hate being stuck in with my son cos he’s such an outdoorsy person
2) it was my mil’s birthday on Wednesday, cos we were both self isolating I couldn’t see her so she got her presents yesterday. She was made up
3) me and my bf FINALLY watched the new Spider man. Although it did make me cry 🥺

• Heart
For yesterday;

1) I had a brilliant sleep and a lie in as my son slept at his grandparents.

2) Finally watched Old last night and it was a typically weird M.Night Shyamalan film which I loved!

3) It was my turn to cook tea and I really couldn’t be bothered so I planted the seed of a getting a takeaway…it worked!

Reactions: 1
1. A colleague said something really funny about a complicated case we have been working on
2. Going round my friends for dinner abd she's making lasagne which I love but hate washing up 🤣
3. Got my insurance renewal and it's only gone up £30 from last year which amazes me bearing in mind I had a claim this year

1) They have finally shoveled the snow off the pavements so walking to work was much faster.
2) Had very little to do in the morning, so I had time to get my ducks in a row.
3) On my way home, I walked past two people who were talking about a cat named Profiterole.

• Heart
1) I thought my son had slept through the night for the first time in ages but turns out he actually had woken up but allowed my husband to put him to bed instead of having a right paddy for me to do it. They were so quiet I didn’t even notice so got a full night’s sleep!

2) I have picked on at junk food all day (crisps, McDonald’s, chocolate, Percy Pigs) while working and it made a long, dull day so much more bearable.

3) After a few weeks feeling really unsettled with my team’s dynamic at work, things seem to be falling back into place and things are going well.

1. I didn’t get stuck in endless traffic on the school run
2. Dyed my hair and got new extensions and feel like a brand new woman!
3. The boy I’ve had a crush on forever sent me a selfie today after I asked…normally he’s more difficult 🤣🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.