24 hours in Police Custody - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, I've just watched it. The girlfriend said the ex partner had been provoking him for weeks wanted to beat the new boyfriend up but he stabbed him 15 times so can't really say self defence. So many lives ruined.

Reactions: 3
I thought this week’s episode was really weak. They didn’t go into the details much and there was no real detail on investigations or evidence. They seemed to focus more on the parents and want to turn it into some sort of exercise in warning us all not to help our kids if they murder someone

Reactions: 11
I had to pause it when they found him at his aunt's and she made out he wasn't there and was shocked he was, I was laughing at her reaction too much..

Was not keen on his mum..

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Made me very sad. To think if he weren’t making dinner it might just have been punches thrown. But now somebody is dead and he’s trying to make out 15 stab wounds is self defence.
I feel absolutely sick for the kid who’s dad it is that got murdered.
I really wish they interviewed the lady who’s ex it was for the show but I guess she wanted nothing to do with it

Reactions: 5
I prefer it when the programme is based around the 24 hours in custody where this week's episode was more about the arrests and interviews with the parents of the suspect, mother of the victim.

Reactions: 7
Yeah another crap episode. Not much context, darting all over the place, giving time for big speeches by the parents. It felt quite padded out, especially as mostly what we got from him was 'No comment'

Reactions: 2
The mum really angered me, oh her poor son she won’t be able to see him free for years and her life will change! What about the mother of the man he stabbed 15 times she will never see her son again! Just self pity from that side and yes your son is a murderer simple as!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
The mum really angered me, oh her poor son she won’t be able to see him free for years and her life will change! What about the mother of the man he stabbed 15 times she will never see her son again! Just self pity from that side and yes your son is a murderer simple as!
Enabling parents 🙄 if that was my kid I'd have driven him to the station myself!!

Reactions: 6
Enabling parents 🙄 if that was my kid I'd have driven him to the station myself!!
Same I like near enough all parents love my daughter more than life itself, nothing she could do would make me not love her but that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t see fault in something like this and as you say I’d drive my child to police station myself in this instance. Love how the mum said she didn’t want to change her story until she realised her sister had told the truth! The parents should never have got off with a caution especially that mother because of her blatant lying. There was no remorse from him at all was there!

The whole “he’s not a murderer, he’s my son” comment really pissed me off. He will always be your son but the fact of the matter is he killed a man, therefore is a murderer. One stab wound I might have had more sympathy and believed it could be self defence, but 15? He knew what 15 stab wounds would do to someone.
The Mum in particular and Rob himself showed absolutely no remorse or sympathy towards the family of the man who was killed.

Reactions: 20
The whole “he’s not a murderer, he’s my son” comment really pissed me off. He will always be your son but the fact of the matter is he killed a man, therefore is a murderer. One stab wound I might have had more sympathy and believed it could be self defence, but 15? He knew what 15 stab wounds would do to someone.
The Mum in particular and Rob himself showed absolutely no remorse or sympathy towards the family of the man who was killed.
Absolutely 15 is not self defence! I thought exactly the same mum and Rob took zero responsibility or any remorse. The dad at least said he couldn’t excuse it before saying he’d bring him clothes!

I can't honestly say how I would react in the same position but would hope that I wouldn't be acting as of it was the polices fault for inconveniencing me by bringing me in for questioning when my child is accused of stabbing someone. The attitude of her when she asked if she could have a cigarette and draw her curtains.

Reactions: 8
I can't honestly say how I would react in the same position but would hope that I wouldn't be acting as of it was the polices fault for inconveniencing me by bringing me in for questioning when my child is accused of stabbing someone. The attitude of her when she asked if she could have a cigarette and draw her curtains.
Police didn’t have let her have a cigarette she was rude I’d have Been petty and not let her!

Reactions: 4
that's exactly what I was thinking. Firstly your son committed a crime but also she was on about how hard it was that he wasn't there anymore and she missed his presence in the garden and I was thinking... right but he will come out of jail and be there again. There is a mother who is also missing her son's presence but will NEVER get that again. I've got no sympathy sorry especially given that you tried to cover it up. The murderer was an arrogant sod as well.

Reactions: 9
The poor Dad with COPD and her having a cig in the next room. Felt sorry for that poor man having to deal with her. He seemed decent.

Reactions: 15
I don't have children yet but I'd like to think if I'd found out my son had been involved in a stabbing I'd be taking him straight to the police station to have it resolved. The mother kept emphasising on what a "good boy" he was, but he had stabbed someone 15 times, and when arrested seemed to be more concerned with who had "grassed him up".

Then as noted Rob's mother seemed to be implying that her son was somehow deserving of sympathy because he would now be incarcerated. My sympathy lay solely with the little boy and Alex's family.

Reactions: 12