Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lioness1

Chatty Member
Just caught up now wow! What is wrong with people, I don’t get why the 21 year old got involved. 3rd year of uni, looked to have a decent life ahead of her but probably got sucked into this to get some spare cash!
I seen an article with the outcome but trying to avoid any spoilers so can’t wait to see the next episode tonight.

Reactions: 9

Popcornshovel

VIP Member
I honestly don’t have much sympathy for the lady on the bus. She used her child as a shield and despite asking her numerous times to get off she refused.
I’m actually on the side of the police on this one.

The stop and search was out of order.

But the guy with the aneurysm was a truly difficult watch. They clearly thought he was just drunk and hind sight is a wonderful thing. But I wish they just had the nurse come and check him out. He could’ve died and all that would’ve been avoided by just letting the nurse give him a once over.
I do however disagree with his mum that this was a racial issue. This was police not having empathy for a “drunk” person
The lady on the bus was abusive to police, but removing someone (who hasn't paid a fare) from a bus should not involve physicality or pepper spray.

It could have been resolved in a different way.

ELFILY

VIP Member
I just saw an advert for it on channel 4 so it is a new episode! I love how I caused all this mayhem for no reason, silly me 😂

• Haha
Is there though? I had someone break into our family car on the driveway in the summer and I lost sleep over that. My husband chased them off but I was absolutely petrified they would return and finish off what they started. It's awful to think you are not protected in your own home. And what's worse if you defend yourself you're the one prosecuted!
You can’t be prosecuted for self defence. However what Adam did was not self defence.
They did not try and engage or threaten him.

Clementine

VIP Member
I’m sure one of those men was actually a woman, which in my mind is even worse.

Thanks for those who replied. I get that, but those particular excerpts of the interview they showed, I dunno, I just felt they were so sensitive, I’m sure other parts of it could’ve been shown to get the point across. The girl must be 17/18 now? That’s still so young to consent.

Horrible horrible stuff. I hope she’s ok.

Leo100

VIP Member
Maybe put this behind a spoiler for those that haven’t watched it yet?
Or don't read the thread if you haven't watched it , I think it's fair for people to talk without spoilers when something has aired on mainstream

Last edited:

dancingqueen5678

Chatty Member
The mum really angered me, oh her poor son she won’t be able to see him free for years and her life will change! What about the mother of the man he stabbed 15 times she will never see her son again! Just self pity from that side and yes your son is a murderer simple as!
that's exactly what I was thinking. Firstly your son committed a crime but also she was on about how hard it was that he wasn't there anymore and she missed his presence in the garden and I was thinking... right but he will come out of jail and be there again. There is a mother who is also missing her son's presence but will NEVER get that again. I've got no sympathy sorry especially given that you tried to cover it up. The murderer was an arrogant sod as well.

meredgrave

How can you be a solicitor and represent these kind of people? Do you get to choose the cases you take on or are you just told you have to represent them? I've no idea on the law.
Police stations have a duty solicitor who will be on hand to support those arrested, provided they don't have their own legal representation. As for choosing cases, barristers have the 'cab rank principle', where they must take cases given to them in their field of competencies. Solicitors do not have this, so they have more freedom to choose their cases.

Many working in defence will say that they believe in ensuring any defendant is given a fair hearing. They may suspect a client is guilty but often cannot know for sure. If a client confesses, then it's the duty of their legal team to ensure the criminal doesn't say so under oath, as this would help them to commit perjury. Otherwise, they can defend someone they know to be guilty, and it becomes a moral question/debate.

Kofi Annan

Like others on here, I too was appalled at the decision to prosecute Adam.
I felt like the DCI went out of his way to prove that he had intentionally used his vehicle as a weapon, even though the evidence given to us would state otherwise (tires blown due to contact with the pavement and the imprint of text suggesting sudden braking).
Even more so, I do not believe that it was in the public's interest to prosecute Adam. Police cannot provide evidence of "might have". Yes, he was driving dangerously, as were the offender's. Yes, there may have been public walking, but there wasn't. Yes, there may have been a member of the public injured, but there wasn't.
Imprisonment is a form of punishment. To restrict someone's liberty. Why they felt that was a suitable sentence for Adam is beyond me, as his presentence report surely would have outlined how he has already been punished (fear of revenge, loss of baby) and also the fact he showed genuine remorse for his actions.

For me, the minute the two offenders declined to make a statement should have been the end of the investigation.

shadowcat5

VIP Member
Sorry but I wouldn't donate money to him there are a lot more people who need it more.
i wouldn’t donate either. That said, I personally believe that a lot of people donated cause they felt like it was unjust that he got prison time and the 2 that tried to rob him (who were career criminals) got off with essentially nothing. I think if the 2 other guys had got a similar sentence I don’t think people would have had the same level of sympathy.

LouBug19

VIP Member
Who gives the go-ahead to air these when the family say no? Is it the police or the TV crew?
I would've thought that they needed permission from the family to air this. The footage was so graphic and it feels unfair on loved ones to need to relive it. I understand its good for the public to see what dangers there are and how violence can escalate but not at the expense of others. I would feel upset if I said no I don't want it shown and they did it anyway.

Reactions: 8

Unicorn_Poop

VIP Member
I do love this show, one of the best police docs but it does seem they show cases against the will of the families quite often
Didn’t the recent one where the man was stabbed for his watch in a honey trap also state they didn’t want the footage of him collapsing aired?

Sloggingaway

Chatty Member
Just watched this
The Dad was very suspicious in my opinion and seemed to disrupt the investigation by posting online
I know he said he just wanted him caught
But I felt he was like warning the attacker

candyland_

VIP Member
I didn’t realise this had two parts..? The mother should have been jailed the same way Frankie Smith was.

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
I can't honestly say how I would react in the same position but would hope that I wouldn't be acting as of it was the polices fault for inconveniencing me by bringing me in for questioning when my child is accused of stabbing someone. The attitude of her when she asked if she could have a cigarette and draw her curtains.

instashun

VIP Member
This is it in a nutshell and that’s why he was convicted. The sentence seemed harsh though. His wife says these two would not have been identified withoutbeing chased. No they wouldn’t but neither would there have been that massive smash, an innocent member of the public injured and the huge cost of the investigation, emergency services input etc. Police chases are closely regulated and they are also told to cease if it becomes a risk to life.

While I feel sorry that he got that prison sentence I won’t be donating to any GoFundMe, I’d rather the cash went towards the enormous financial cost to the taxpayer for his reckless actions.

the would be burglars are wasters but in the end they took nothing and ran the moment they realised they had been spotted. He went after them while angry in a vehicle which everyone knows is a loaded weapon when driven by someone in that state of mind. Would you still be defending him if he’d killed a relative of yours while chasing the,?
No innocent member of the public was actually injured fortunately - the only two injured were the thieves and my sympathy for them is zero. It didn’t affect them too much as they were out on the Rob again whilst still on crutches

BarryEvansHun

Did we find out if they had no support? Were they not attending appts or, like most people, couldn't get the help?
They had been referred to agencies awaiting follow up. However, people that have psychotic disorders and extreme paranoia can find it difficult to attend appointments due to the nature of the illness. Home visits are more efficient. But the system is so underfunded, understaffed and 20 years behind that we wait until catastrophe happens before we put these things in place. Extreme stress can cause a massive relapse, as relationship breakdown with a child involved did exact that. If he was working with a professional and had built up trust prior relationship breakdown this could have all been avoided. Shooting mentally ill men with no support other than another mentally ill man whilst both self medicating is both barbaric and unethical.

Last edited:
  • Sad