2023 holidays

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just booked the Ibiza opening parties 🎈 am staying at a hotel 🏨 based within San Antonio for the weekend. Bought tickets for the Ushaia and HI twenty four hour banger can’t wait for sunnier weather!

Reactions: 1
Xmas market questions! I did post this in another thread

A friend and I want to do a Xmas market abroad. Where is good to go? And are there any that start in Nov?
I can’t really take time off in Dec.
I’m sure somebody mentioned that Croatia is good.
Also is there a website maybe with some info

Hi has anyone been on a cruise at all? If so which company would you recommend? I looked at MSC but it does seem as though there are a lot of extra add ons things that aren’t included etc! I don’t have a huge budget as a single mom but looking to try something different for a change for end of august school hols! there is just me & my daughter or if anyone has suggestions on how to keep costs down for going abroad that would be much appreciated ☺

Hi has anyone been on a cruise at all? If so which company would you recommend? I looked at MSC but it does seem as though there are a lot of extra add ons things that aren’t included etc! I don’t have a huge budget as a single mom but looking to try something different for a change for end of august school hols! there is just me & my daughter or if anyone has suggestions on how to keep costs down for going abroad that would be much appreciated ☺
MSC is a decent cruise company, quite bling-y as its Italian owned. Get a Bella grade cabin and the drinks package - shop around as some offer better prices than others 😀

I'll be alone in London for a couple of days next week, I've lived there for 4 months a couple of years ago so I've done all the main touristy stuff. Any fun ideas what I could do alone?

Xmas market questions! I did post this in another thread

A friend and I want to do a Xmas market abroad. Where is good to go? And are there any that start in Nov?
I can’t really take time off in Dec.
I’m sure somebody mentioned that Croatia is good.
Also is there a website maybe with some info
I visited Frankfurt, Germany in November 2019 and they had beautiful Christmas Markets.
I would also recommend Vienna in Austria!
Hope this helps xx

Not 2023 it’ll be 2024 if we decide to go. But wondering if anyone has any advice. Looking at going to Florida, we aren’t Disney fans so don’t want to go to any of the theme parks. Probably go for two weeks and looking at the Everglades National park and space center as two things we would want to do. Quite a bit of relaxing and beach days. Where would be the best place to stay? I’ve never really wanted to go to America but my friend wants to go and I usually pick where we go so I feel like she should decide for once 😄

Also just looking now for a rough price of hotel/flights as I like to plan ahead
I've just planned 10 days around Florida for June so can give you some more detailed info if you're still interested! x

Reactions: 2
Thinking of going away for a city break weekend in November but not entirely sure where to go. I think we’ve narrowed it down but I wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations first?

Thinking of going away for a city break weekend in November but not entirely sure where to go. I think we’ve narrowed it down but I wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations first?
Depends would you like to go somewhere with decent weather or fully embrace winter?

Abroad I would try Dubrovnik and in the UK I would probably do Edinburgh

Just copied and pasted from another post, can I have advice?
58539656-2A8D-4AAC-9AC6-1A82D200CC79.jpeg
A85226D0-BEA6-4E5F-80EB-01D348CFC8AD.jpeg
Not sure if this is the correct thread to post, but back from my holidays yesterday, we had a 5* all inclusive, paid a fair bit for it and the pictures and reviews were amazing. When we arrived and shown to our room, the doorman opened our apartment to find water dripping from the ceilings (I kid you not this was our first insight to the room) we were told we would have a partial sea view room. If you crook your neck around the balcony and squint you might be able to see the sea😂 I said I wasn’t happy with the water coming from the ceiling, we paid a lot and the staff told me it wasn’t a big issue the maintance men would be round to fix it in 5 minutes. They fixed it but left the roof with gaping holes where 100s of ants were invading the floor and sink and all over my toothbrush 🤮The cracks in the floors meant we have cut and hurt our feet a few times, the food was absolutely horrendous. So bland and the exact same this every lunch and evening. I know this seems such a first world problem and I should be happy with the hols but we really saved for this holiday and I feel we were majorly ripped off with the hotel and the condition it was in. I didn’t have insurance (stupid of me I know). Is there anything I can do to try and get the slightest bit of compensation?

Hi does anyone know the best time to book flights to the USA looked the other day and for myself and my daughter it was £800 one day later it had gone up by £450 which is ridiculous as we could have gone premium for that! Hoping they may come back down again but it is Easter Holiday time when we would be flying 🙈

Hi does anyone know the best time to book flights to the USA looked the other day and for myself and my daughter it was £800 one day later it had gone up by £450 which is ridiculous as we could have gone premium for that! Hoping they may come back down again but it is Easter Holiday time when we would be flying 🙈
The only tricks I know is to book last minute or if you know somebody who works for the airline and you can use their discount

The only tricks I know is to book last minute or if you know somebody who works for the airline and you can use their discount
I'm not sure how much of a good deal you'd get going to the US if you booked last minute. Lots of people travel there for business so they tend to hike the prices up close to the time for that reason. It's also a lot more expensive if you're not there over a weekend as they assume it's a business trip.

I fly short-haul semi regularly and have found that 4 months in advance is a good price (may be similar for the US but not sure!) My advice would be to sign up to sky scanner/kayak and keep an eye on the prices there for a few weeks/months and you'll get an idea of how it fluctuates. If you're going in Easter though you have loads of time.

Also always search + book flights in a private browser and direct from the airline. So use sky scanner to figure out the prices and then go direct. Your cookies will tell them that you're looking to fly on certain dates and they'll hike prices up to encourage you to panic buy... which could explain the 450 increase.

Reactions: 2
I recently went to Wrocław in Poland. Absolutely loved it. Beautiful city. And SO cheap to eat and drink. I struggled to spend £100 in 3 days!

On the back of @adviseplz mentioning cookies, also try booking with a VPN set to places like India etc Sometimes you get cheaper seats as they pick up your buying from a "poor" country