2023 holidays

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone booked a good deal for their 2023 holiday?

We're currently looking for 2 weeks in May/June for a family of 4. Not too fussed about school holidays.

I've looked on Tui and First Choice and got a couple in mind but wanted to know if anyone has seen any great deals/discounts around. Or if anyone has any great tips for booking i.e. flights and accommodation separate etc.

Reactions: 1
Look at onthebeach or sunmaster. Someone I work with always went with tui but when I told him about these sites he was shocked at how much better deals they have. We’ve booked with both over years and no issues. Onthebeach you can see Tripadvisor scores for the hotels which I think is the best way to decide if it’s a nice hotel. I then always double check the price against sunmaster to find the cheapest.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Looking for a holiday in Greece for next summer for me, my partner, mother and father in law and 2 kids - they will be 4 and 20 months. Doesn’t matter if it’s mainland Greece or a Greek island as long as it’s child friendly. Would ideally like a 4 bed villa (although could compromise on a 3 bed) with a private pool, but all the villas I can find are all in beautiful locations in the middle of nowhere - great for a couples holiday but no good with kids. Was really looking to find somewhere within a 5 minute walk to the beach and the town so ideal for children and no real need to hire a car. Has anyone been on a holiday like this that can give recommendations on an area to go to? Any help with this would be so appreciated - first abroad holiday with the kiddie winks! Thanks

Looking for a holiday in Greece for next summer for me, my partner, mother and father in law and 2 kids - they will be 4 and 20 months. Doesn’t matter if it’s mainland Greece or a Greek island as long as it’s child friendly. Would ideally like a 4 bed villa (although could compromise on a 3 bed) with a private pool, but all the villas I can find are all in beautiful locations in the middle of nowhere - great for a couples holiday but no good with kids. Was really looking to find somewhere within a 5 minute walk to the beach and the town so ideal for children and no real need to hire a car. Has anyone been on a holiday like this that can give recommendations on an area to go to? Any help with this would be so appreciated - first abroad holiday with the kiddie winks! Thanks
Try asking here. You may have more answers at the moment.

Done thank you!
Try asking here. You may have more answers at the moment.

Looking for destination ideas please for family of 4 with older teenagers. Don’t want a huge hotel type place so wasn’t sure if one of the smaller greek islands be better? Or the canaries? As long as it has a pool, sun and a bar we’re pretty flexible!

Looking for destination ideas please for family of 4 with older teenagers. Don’t want a huge hotel type place so wasn’t sure if one of the smaller greek islands be better? Or the canaries? As long as it has a pool, sun and a bar we’re pretty flexible!
We love Puerto Rico Gran Canaria! We’ve not been since precovid but we have been about 3 or 4 times and love it!

Reactions: 3
Have to agree with @fudgebox.
Adore Puerto Rico / Gran Canaria in general! They have a new mall in Puerto Rico which is perfect for a shopping day and some really good places for dinner but then you also have a lovely beach and the surrounding areas are beautiful as well. Lots of different hotel options from big to small, fancy and plain, apartments etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Have to agree with @fudgebox.
Adore Puerto Rico / Gran Canaria in general! They have a new mall in Puerto Rico which is perfect for a shopping day and some really good places for dinner but then you also have a lovely beach and the surrounding areas are beautiful as well. Lots of different hotel options from big to small, fancy and plain, apartments etc.
It’s fab isn’t it! Can’t wait to go back

It’s fab isn’t it! Can’t wait to go back
Me too! We tried to find a good quote to go back in August but flights from where we live were crazy expensive as were all the hotels we like. Don‘t even get me started on the price of rental cars 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Me too! We tried to find a good quote to go back in August but flights from where we live were crazy expensive as were all the hotels we like. Don‘t even get me started on the price of rental cars 😭
I’m from wales too guessing from your name 😆 think we used to always fly from Bristol but no idea how much flights are these days

I’m from wales too guessing from your name 😆 think we used to always fly from Bristol but no idea how much flights are these days
I actually live in Germany but have checked Manchester as my family lives close by and Murcia as I‘ll be going to university there and literally ALL flights are super expensive. On top of all the drama at airports flying really is no more fun these days.

Reactions: 2
Looking at either booking Thailand, Vietnam or the Philippines, wondering if anyone had been to them all or two and which you preferred?

Heard a few horror stories about companies cancelling holidays booked a few months in advance with no reason and then telling people they can rebook but at a higher price. One family checked and their exact same holiday (flights and all) was still available to book on the original website just at a higher price. I think if they give you enough notice they don’t have to give you a reason for cancellation!

Just worth looking into protection you have from the site you book with, if any, re: a price promise or replacing like for like.

Heard a few horror stories about companies cancelling holidays booked a few months in advance with no reason and then telling people they can rebook but at a higher price. One family checked and their exact same holiday (flights and all) was still available to book on the original website just at a higher price. I think if they give you enough notice they don’t have to give you a reason for cancellation!

Just worth looking into protection you have from the site you book with, if any, re: a price promise or replacing like for like.
I also heard about this and also that they just raise the price without reason.
Here in Germany however there’s a fixed date from which they cannot cancel without reason and cannot raise the price above 8% without consent.
Perhaps there’s a similar law in the UK? Or in other countries in the EU (haven’t checked but it does seem like a EU law)

We love Puerto Rico Gran Canaria! We’ve not been since precovid but we have been about 3 or 4 times and love it!
I've been considering here too. Where do you stay? I'd also want to go to Amdores as the man made beach looks lush. A colleague in work has a time share in Anfi Del Mar and I keep meaning to ask her if non guests can go there to use the beach.

I've been considering here too. Where do you stay? I'd also want to go to Amdores as the man made beach looks lush. A colleague in work has a time share in Anfi Del Mar and I keep meaning to ask her if non guests can go there to use the beach.
I’ve been to Anfi Del Mar as a non-guest, so you can go there x

I also heard about this and also that they just raise the price without reason.
Here in Germany however there’s a fixed date from which they cannot cancel without reason and cannot raise the price above 8% without consent.
Perhaps there’s a similar law in the UK? Or in other countries in the EU (haven’t checked but it does seem like a EU law)
Yes it's an EU rule, but I think it's when the airline/company cancels less than 14 days before the trip and don't offer you a reschedule in maximum 4 hours after the initial flight. Then they have to refund you completely and give you indemnities (the amount depending on the distance) and a refund of the other expenses too with conditions (with a 4500 euros limit)...
Anyway, doesn't concern the Brits anymore.