2023 holidays

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How anyone been to Egypt in February? or anyone who’s been to Egypt in general, would you recommend for two people that aren’t that well travelled? I’ve always wanted to go and can get a good deal, but we’ve only been to Rome and Paris as adults together, so we knew a lot of people spoke English there and a lot of the words are sometimes similar enough to get by, but they obviously speak Arabic in Egypt which is completely different and you hear stories of pickpocketers and sticking to safe areas but idk if those stories are just exaggerated and have a bit of racism to them as well, because people say the same about London and I’ve never had a problem.

We want a long haul trip so aren’t sure whether to pick something easier for 2 people that are limited in experience of travelling, but I also don’t want to go somewhere for the sake of going over somewhere I actually want to go.
We went when I was about 9, we mostly stayed at the resort, but did the quad biking on the sand dunes and also popped into the towns, I remember a man was dragging me into a shop and my brother almost decked him 😆

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Does anyone know what France, in particular Paris, is like on bank holidays?
We're hoping to go in May and it falls on May 1st which is Labour day. Google says virtually all shops are closed and most restaurants are too but I figured we could get a nice picnic and go to parks etc. but not sure if it'll be a waste of a day in terms of touristy stuff and if we should move the dates. We're only planning on going for 4 days :unsure:

Reactions: 1
We're hoping to go in May and it falls on May 1st which is Labour day. Google says virtually all shops are closed and most restaurants are too but I figured we could get a nice picnic and go to parks etc. but not sure if it'll be a waste of a day in terms of touristy stuff and if we should move the dates. We're only planning on going for 4 days :unsure:
I was there on a bank holiday by accident last year in June, Whit Monday? Never heard of it before last year, but I didn’t notice the shops being shut, we went to Disney for the day and it was busy, but we had to get the train there and that was running fine and we popped into a shop on the way back to our hotel and I remember restaurants still being open on the walk back

• Heart
I don't know but make that the day for going round doing the touristy stuff that doesn't involve paying to go inside but just walking around taking in the architecture etc. There's loads to see without having to go in anywhere

• Heart
Can anyone advise me about the Eurostar please? Hoping to do a night in London and then hop on the Eurostar and do a night in Paris and back to London. Is this doable? Obviously it is but is more than one night two days in Paris necessary? I'm going more for the Eurostar than Paris to be perfectly honest.

Thanks in advance ☺

How anyone been to Egypt in February? or anyone who’s been to Egypt in general, would you recommend for two people that aren’t that well travelled? I’ve always wanted to go and can get a good deal, but we’ve only been to Rome and Paris as adults together, so we knew a lot of people spoke English there and a lot of the words are sometimes similar enough to get by, but they obviously speak Arabic in Egypt which is completely different and you hear stories of pickpocketers and sticking to safe areas but idk if those stories are just exaggerated and have a bit of racism to them as well, because people say the same about London and I’ve never had a problem.

We want a long haul trip so aren’t sure whether to pick something easier for 2 people that are limited in experience of travelling, but I also don’t want to go somewhere for the sake of going over somewhere I actually want to go.
Yes been there looongtime ago (1999), a one-week cruise from Luxor, had a fabulous price thanks to my job in tourism at the time...
I loved it but I love history/culture... Fascinating culture. People were nice really but the political/social situation has changed a lot since. It wasn't especially safe then, I think it's quite worst now, especially for women.

---

It's not as it used to be in Paris. A lot of places are opened, especially touristy. Just avoid the traditional marchs which start at place de la République. It's Workers' day in reality, not Labour day.

---

Can anyone advise me about the Eurostar please? Hoping to do a night in London and then hop on the Eurostar and do a night in Paris and back to London. Is this doable? Obviously it is but is more than one night two days in Paris necessary? I'm going more for the Eurostar than Paris to be perfectly honest.

Thanks in advance ☺
There are like 18 Eurostar a day, so you can do it. But to each his own😂 Eurostar is like a typical fast train (well faster on the French side), it's no Orient Express.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Yes been there looongtime ago (1999), a one-week cruise from Luxor, had a fabulous price thanks to my job in tourism at the time...
I loved it but I love history/culture... Fascinating culture. People were nice really but the political/social situation has changed a lot since. It wasn't especially safe then, I think it's quite worst now, especially for women.

---

It's not as it used to be in Paris. A lot of places are opened, especially touristy. Just avoid the traditional marchs which start at place de la République. It's Workers' day in reality, not Labour day.

---

There are like 18 Eurostar a day, so you can do it. But to each his own😂 Eurostar is like a typical fast train (well faster on the French side), it's no Orient Express.
Thank you, I know, the Orient Express is the dream lol. But I'd just like to do this trip once 😊

i'm going to paris in 10 days 😊 i've booked pretty much everything i wanted but wanted to ask if anyone has any tips or advice?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
i'm going to paris in 10 days 😊 i've booked pretty much everything i wanted but wanted to ask if anyone has any tips or advice?
It’s a long time since I was in Paris but my God what a city! So much to do. It’s so chic and the patisseries and restaurants 😍😍😍!!! Check out the Louvre museum, it’s amazing. I went to the palace of Versailles too and hired bikes and cycled around. If your French isn’t up to scratch, don’t worry. Most Parisians speak good English although do try make an effort and say bonjour and merci. Check some of the Paris forums like on trip advisor, they can be quite handy! Have an amazing time!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It’s a long time since I was in Paris but my God what a city! So much to do. It’s so chic and the patisseries and restaurants 😍😍😍!!! Check out the Louvre museum, it’s amazing. I went to the palace of Versailles too and hired bikes and cycled around. If your French isn’t up to scratch, don’t worry. Most Parisians speak good English although do try make an effort and say bonjour and merci. Check some of the Paris forums like on trip advisor, they can be quite handy! Have an amazing time!
aw thank you so much! 🥰 i've booked the louvre and versailles but i had no idea you can cycle around versailles, such a good tip! i'll definitely do that

Has anyone been to Bali and would you recommend it? Would be with a 6yr old aswell around May/June time.

Has anyone been to Bali and would you recommend it? Would be with a 6yr old aswell around May/June time.
It’s very nice there and I still liked it but I much preferred Thailand. I don’t think I’d go back to Bali but I’d definitely go back to Thailand

You are being a little optimistic🤣 but yes it's easier in the touristic places of the capital.

• Haha
I liked Bali but much preferred the Maldives but I could say it depends what you're looking for.

We're booking to go to Australia towards the end of the year. With a toddler and baby. We have friends there and have visited before but I can't wait to get back.

Has anyone travelled to the USA very recently, what is the situation with Covid passports, is it okay to use the same NHS covid app thingy as last year? My last vaccine was Jan 2022

Once you’ve proof of full vaccination (that doesn’t include what extra boosters you’ve had) and they’ve a list of approved vaccines on the US CDC website, you’re fine. Those vaccines include the likes of the 1 dose Janson vaccine. I have to go to the US for work in April so I’m checking this now too.
Your vaccine passport will have your name and your date of birth and the name on your vaccine certificate should match the name on your passport.
Hope this helps! 😊

Once you’ve proof of full vaccination (that doesn’t include what extra boosters you’ve had) and they’ve a list of approved vaccines on the US CDC website, you’re fine. Those vaccines include the likes of the 1 dose Janson vaccine. I have to go to the US for work in April so I’m checking this now too.
Your vaccine passport will have your name and your date of birth and the name on your vaccine certificate should match the name on your passport.
Hope this helps! 😊
Brill thanks, i'm going in 3 weeks for work too :)
I just re-downloaded the NHS app and my covid passport is valid until August x

Hello! No idea if this is the right thread...

We are thinking of booking a few days in the Cotswolds this summer, we're craving a few days of country living (we're both from the country originally) and would like to book a little cottage and explore the area, nice walks, country pubs etc.

Anyway, has anyone been or even live there that could advise the best area to stay? (Bonus if you have any recommendations for things to do as well)

Thanks in advance