2023 holidays

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been to Anfi Del Mar as a non-guest, so you can go there x
Thanks. Not sure if we should stay in Amadores or Peurto Rico and travel between them. Guess it will depends on what apartments I like the look of and can't find a good deal on.

I've been considering here too. Where do you stay? I'd also want to go to Amdores as the man made beach looks lush. A colleague in work has a time share in Anfi Del Mar and I keep meaning to ask her if non guests can go there to use the beach.
We’ve stayed at a few different places! Mostly at the self catering apartments on the sides of the valley but we have stayed nearer to the harbour before but it’s just a longer walk into the town
We last went almost 5 years ago so it’s all probably changed now😢

Reactions: 1
Do you get better prices booking package holidays for 2023 now? Prices seem very high for next year, I don’t usually book the year before but will be travelling as a group of 11.

Do you get better prices booking package holidays for 2023 now? Prices seem very high for next year, I don’t usually book the year before but will be travelling as a group of 11.
I usually find so. However, we booked aruba today for our Honeymoon in Aug and it was very high 😭 wanted to hold on until December to book for the deals but the OH didn’t want to risk it.
If possible(and short haul) I find it’s better to book separate - My MOH booked a cheap hen doing this.
Everything is doubling in price now these days though 🫣

A friend of mine is a travel agent and she says that last minute deals are mostly a thing of the past. It‘s best to book early with a flex option so you‘re prepared for what might come but also if there is something cheaper you can switch

Reactions: 3
Not sure if this is the right thread to post in as it's a bit of a rant but it's concerning a holiday so here goes 🤣

I've booked a week in lovely 4* Hotel to visit in Sept and also joined the hotels page on Facebook and alls I keep seeing is posts from people saying they are staying in this hotel but have family on same holiday but in different hotel elsewhere and can they use the facilities/private beach at this one 🤔

Well am I just getting old & grumpy but isn't this a bit rude and also cheeky 😬

A friend of mine is a travel agent and she says that last minute deals are mostly a thing of the past. It‘s best to book early with a flex option so you‘re prepared for what might come but also if there is something cheaper you can switch
Surely switching a holiday last minute would incurr charges because it's so close to the travel date though? I do agree with your friend though, I don't think last min deals are that easy to find anymore. I usually book a holiday 1 year in advance, sometimes 18 months and pay it up.

Not sure if this is the right thread to post in as it's a bit of a rant but it's concerning a holiday so here goes 🤣

I've booked a week in lovely 4* Hotel to visit in Sept and also joined the hotels page on Facebook and alls I keep seeing is posts from people saying they are staying in this hotel but have family on same holiday but in different hotel elsewhere and can they use the facilities/private beach at this one 🤔

Well am I just getting old & grumpy but isn't this a bit rude and also cheeky 😬
Did you try to contact the hotel directly?
Hopefully, you won't have difficulties as there are less tourists in September, but I would email them or something.

Think I’ve decided on the Philippines rather than turkey. Is there anywhere you would recommend? or change?
I’ve got Cebu 3 nights, Bohol (Panglao) 4nights, Peurto Princessa 3 nights, El Nido 4nights, 2 nights from El Nido to Coron and then Coron 4nights then back to Cebu for my flight home.
I’ll be leaving on a Monday after finishing my night shift so I’ll be exhausted on the plane there and I’ll get back on a Monday when I start my night shift again so hopefully my plane isn’t delayed 😄
Just need to decide when - either feb/march next year since I can’t go at the end of next year or early 2024 😭. As I’ve read the best time is November-April.

I booked a holiday for me and my 2 kids to a 5 star resort in Antalya and it’a 5 star on Trip Advisor too - 11 night, looks amazing. Got my youngest on a free child place. Few days later my partner went to book it with his two kids to join us and the free childcare place has gone 😭 don’t know what to do now. I took them away on my own this year to Benidorm for a week and we loved it, feel a bit iffy about Turkey on my own tho!

I booked a holiday for me and my 2 kids to a 5 star resort in Antalya and it’a 5 star on Trip Advisor too - 11 night, looks amazing. Got my youngest on a free child place. Few days later my partner went to book it with his two kids to join us and the free childcare place has gone 😭 don’t know what to do now. I took them away on my own this year to Benidorm for a week and we loved it, feel a bit iffy about Turkey on my own tho!
You’ll be fine in Turkey in your own especially at a resort. Is there any other sites your partner can book on for the same hotel which May offer the free child’s place?

What is this free childcare thing?
It’s free child place so you pay for the adult and children under a certain age go free.
Although someone I work with always booked with tui due to this. I told him about on the beach and it was much cheaper even though there was no free child place. He was shocked at how much cheaper it was.

Reactions: 2
It’s free child place so you pay for the adult and children under a certain age go free.
Although someone I work with always booked with tui due to this. I told him about on the beach and it was much cheaper even though there was no free child place. He was shocked at how much cheaper it was.
Thank you.
Yes, they get the money somewhere else. Like when they do promotions on previously inflated prices, so the promotion costs more than the normal price.

Last minute decision - booked Caleta de Fusta, Fuerteventure for the Xmas break. Any restaraunt/bar recommendations? Days will be spent lazing on the beach!

Does anybody have any tips for Disneyland Paris/best way to book without it costing an absolute arm and a leg?

Does anybody have any tips for Disneyland Paris/best way to book without it costing an absolute arm and a leg?
Stay off site, if you stay at valid Europe it’s literally one stop on the RER and takes 5 mins, if you get an apartment you can take lunch/snacks with you.

Stay off site, if you stay at valid Europe it’s literally one stop on the RER and takes 5 mins, if you get an apartment you can take lunch/snacks with you.
Val d'Europe.

Also careful, even if you have already your pass (even the anual one) or tickets without mention of the day, you have to register previously for each day, otherwise they won't let you in. This is recent.

Thank you!

Has anyone ever been to Majorca/Ibiza end of Sept/beginning of October? Is the weather still good?