2023 holidays

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you!

Has anyone ever been to Majorca/Ibiza end of Sept/beginning of October? Is the weather still good?
I went to Majorca the 1st 10 days of October a few years ago and the weather was lovely! Was mid 20’s all day & late teens at night (Celsius).

Reactions: 1
I went to Majorca the 1st 10 days of October a few years ago and the weather was lovely! Was mid 20’s all day & late teens at night (Celsius).
Yes, i was in Majorca late Sept into Oct this year and weather was great. Some epic thunder and lightening storms a couple of the nights, but gorgeous weather during the day!

Thank you!

Has anyone ever been to Majorca/Ibiza end of Sept/beginning of October? Is the weather still good?
I’ve been to Majorca at the start of October I think maybe until around 11/12th and it was always nice weather in the day. But wore a denim jacket at night

Thank you!

A friend of mine went at the end of September in 2021 and they had a bit of a mixed bag and got
quite unlucky with more rain than usual.

My holidays for this year are booked! 😁

I’ve never gotten overly excited for holidays until recently, maybe because I’m older and truly enjoy my man’s company lol.

id Love to go to Zanzibar next year 😍 don’t have space to go this year unfortunately 🤣

Reactions: 2
Anyone been to the Dominican Republic in September? I know it‘s rain season but how bad is it? I‘d be cool with a day or two of rain or perhaps a few showers but obviously don‘t want to have rain the whole time.

We‘re also looking at Gran Canaria again because we love it so much but part of me wants to explore other places.

Thank you!

I lived in Ibiza, it’s still warm around this time but a lot more rain. The thunderstorms are a bit mental x

Thinking of going to Orlando this summer - June maybe. I had a 😱when I saw the price of the park tickets! 😂Does anybody have any tips in getting cheaper tickets. We wouldn’t want 2 weeks park tickets as we would be doing other stuff so any tips very much appreciated!

Thinking of going to Orlando this summer - June maybe. I had a 😱when I saw the price of the park tickets! 😂Does anybody have any tips in getting cheaper tickets. We wouldn’t want 2 weeks park tickets as we would be doing other stuff so any tips very much appreciated!
Depends how many days you actually plan on doing and which parks? It’s quite often cheaper to just go for the 14 day tickets. Maybe just lower the amount of parks you want to do? So say go just go Universal’s parks, Disney’s parks or some of the others.

you will probably be back at some point anyway! We did a “once in a lifetime” trip in 2017 and have been now 3 times!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Depends how many days you actually plan on doing and which parks? It’s quite often cheaper to just go for the 14 day tickets. Maybe just lower the amount of parks you want to do? So say go just go Universal’s parks, Disney’s parks or some of the others.

you will probably be back at some point anyway! We did a “once in a lifetime” trip in 2017 and have been now 3 times!
Thanks for that! 😍

we went in October, we only went to universal as the tickets are way cheaper, all 3 parks for 3 of us (2 adults, 1 child) we were £900, for Disney tickets we were quoted basically £1000 per head which we couldn’t justify.

They cost of food is also insane, we spent about as much on food whilst there as we did on the entire holiday!

Not 2023 it’ll be 2024 if we decide to go. But wondering if anyone has any advice. Looking at going to Florida, we aren’t Disney fans so don’t want to go to any of the theme parks. Probably go for two weeks and looking at the Everglades National park and space center as two things we would want to do. Quite a bit of relaxing and beach days. Where would be the best place to stay? I’ve never really wanted to go to America but my friend wants to go and I usually pick where we go so I feel like she should decide for once 😄

Also just looking now for a rough price of hotel/flights as I like to plan ahead

Not 2023 it’ll be 2024 if we decide to go. But wondering if anyone has any advice. Looking at going to Florida, we aren’t Disney fans so don’t want to go to any of the theme parks. Probably go for two weeks and looking at the Everglades National park and space center as two things we would want to do. Quite a bit of relaxing and beach days. Where would be the best place to stay? I’ve never really wanted to go to America but my friend wants to go and I usually pick where we go so I feel like she should decide for once 😄

Also just looking now for a rough price of hotel/flights as I like to plan ahead
Not all the theme parks are Disney, just so you know. Disney own four theme parks, two water parks and a shopping area.
Universal Studios also has two theme parks & a water park and there’s also Busch gardens & Aquatica. Those are nothing to do with Disney ☺.
Although to be honest I’m not a Disney fan, but I’ve been to the Disney parks and they are brill! 😂

I’d probably stay in a few different areas outside of Orlando if you aren’t fussed on theme parks. Clearwater, Miami, Key West, Fort Lauderdale & St Augustine are all lovely.

Hotels totally depend on the area. You used to be able to get flights for around £500pp, but now it’s more like £700pp depending when you travel. :)

Not all the theme parks are Disney, just so you know. Disney own four theme parks, two water parks and a shopping area.
Universal Studios also has two theme parks & a water park and there’s also Busch gardens & Aquatica. Those are nothing to do with Disney ☺.
Although to be honest I’m not a Disney fan, but I’ve been to the Disney parks and they are brill! 😂

I’d probably stay in a few different areas outside of Orlando if you aren’t fussed on theme parks. Clearwater, Miami, Key West, Fort Lauderdale & St Augustine are all lovely.

Hotels totally depend on the area. You used to be able to get flights for around £500pp, but now it’s more like £700pp depending when you travel. :)
I’ve been having a look. I’d like to go a theme park but my friend doesn’t like rides and is against going so maybe unless I go alone we won’t go. I don’t mind going alone and if she wants to have a chill day then maybe I will.
It’s actually cheaper than I expected. I definitely like a mix of busy days and relaxing days. I was looking at Miami Beach to stay possibly. Do you know if Daytona is good? I’d love to go when the cheerleading is on, I loved cheer on Netflix 😂

Has anyone here been to Europa-Park in Rust Germany? I've heard it's the cheaper alternative to Disneyland but don't really know much else! (I will stalk the internet but would love to see if you lovely people have been too)

Has anyone here been to Europa-Park in Rust Germany? I've heard it's the cheaper alternative to Disneyland but don't really know much else! (I will stalk the internet but would love to see if you lovely people have been too)
I've been! It's brilliant and compared to Disney almost a bargain. A close friend of mine goes regularly to both and he's recently said he now prefers Europapark because he just can't justify the cost of Disney anymore and you actually get more at Europapark.

There's a huge variety of rides - lots of rollercoasters but also plenty of kid friendly stuff. Different areas that are themed (mostly) after European countries so you get a huge variety of food / drinks (not cheap but again compared to Disney it's literally (less than) half price for similar things). There's multiple hotel resorts, a camping ground and a waterpark (owned by the same family) so there's lots of combo-deals if you want to do both or spend a day just realxing at one of the hotels and spas.

There's also a parade at the end of the day and they have lots of special events (mid summer, halloween, winter wonderland etc). With Europapark being so close to France and Switzerland it's also very international so everything's written in German, French and English! I know that can be a bit of a problem in some other themeparks.

So really, the only thing they are missing are Mickey and the Princesses.

While I'm at it - my personal favorite is the Phantasialand (also in Germany, close to Cologne). Don't think there's a park that will ever come close to this kind of brilliant theming plus some of the rides there are one-of-a-kind and truly amazing. It's much smaller than Disney or Europapark but so worth it imo.

Can you tell I'm a huge theme park nerd? :sneaky:

• Heart
@Welshgal Ah this is the kind of fabulous reply I was hoping for! Thank you so much 😄 Phantasialand also looks amazing so I'll have to see if I can swing an extended trip to Germany! 💚

• Heart
How anyone been to Egypt in February? or anyone who’s been to Egypt in general, would you recommend for two people that aren’t that well travelled? I’ve always wanted to go and can get a good deal, but we’ve only been to Rome and Paris as adults together, so we knew a lot of people spoke English there and a lot of the words are sometimes similar enough to get by, but they obviously speak Arabic in Egypt which is completely different and you hear stories of pickpocketers and sticking to safe areas but idk if those stories are just exaggerated and have a bit of racism to them as well, because people say the same about London and I’ve never had a problem.

We want a long haul trip so aren’t sure whether to pick something easier for 2 people that are limited in experience of travelling, but I also don’t want to go somewhere for the sake of going over somewhere I actually want to go.

How anyone been to Egypt in February? or anyone who’s been to Egypt in general, would you recommend for two people that aren’t that well travelled? I’ve always wanted to go and can get a good deal, but we’ve only been to Rome and Paris as adults together, so we knew a lot of people spoke English there and a lot of the words are sometimes similar enough to get by, but they obviously speak Arabic in Egypt which is completely different and you hear stories of pickpocketers and sticking to safe areas but idk if those stories are just exaggerated and have a bit of racism to them as well, because people say the same about London and I’ve never had a problem.

We want a long haul trip so aren’t sure whether to pick something easier for 2 people that are limited in experience of travelling, but I also don’t want to go somewhere for the sake of going over somewhere I actually want to go.
I can only speak for what my friends and family have said. Others might have had different experiences.
But none of the people I know recommended it. They found it dirty and fairly dangerous outside of the holiday complex.
All the couples had trouble with egyptian men who thought they could be inappropriate with the women.
And no lie, mind you this was a good 20 years ago my friend was 16 when she went with her parents and a few people offered to buy her from her parents 😂

• Sad
Reactions: 3

I went to sharm it was about 10 years ago and loved it. We went into the town a few times but mostly just stayed in the hotel complex. Wouldn’t say we had any trouble, people were badgering to get you into restaurants/shops but didn’t find that any different to a lot of other places I’ve been. It’s worse if you’re blonde. I remember one shop didn’t pester people to come in and it was very busy in that one shop and the cashier was just sat reading a paper.
The hotel was amazing, we went all inclusive and there was 5 different restaurants, 3 pools and it was on the beach. The snorkeling was great. We went in august thought so not sure about feb.

Reactions: 2