2023 Celebrity Death Pool #17 Bring Out The Dead

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooooh I’ve been out tonight, drinking a bit and celebrating not being dead, just got home, before 11pm, babysitter is pleased 😁

Come home to a new thread, see you lot were talking about funeral songs, well I’ve instructed Mr SK to play Cliff’s classic album from the 60s ‘Killing In The Shadows’ in it’s entirety at my wake.

The guests may get depressed listening to such morbid content, but the conversation will turn to Cliff and his murdering inclinations, that’ll be fun for everyone on a sad day. What a wake that will be.

Check it out if you’ve not heard it, tough going at times, but a good insight into the way Cliff works….

View attachment 2579736
I nearly believed that then. I'm tired lol

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’d also bring back Jonathan Brandis. Anyone remember him back in the 90’s? 🙁

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I would bring back Amy Winehouse, Health Ledger, Robin Williams (minus the Lewi Body dementia), Stephen Gately, George Michael, Princess Diana, Matthew Perry, David Bowie, Paul O'Grady - and Paul Cattermole so S Club could be S Club 7 once again and reach for the sky.

I wonder if anyone took a dirt nap overnight? Saturday night, traditionally, is night for excess, so let's hope someone somewhere overdid it and didn't stop until they died. Fingers crossed, Death Poolers <3

Reactions: 4
I'd bring back
Jill Dando
Sarah Harding (I find it crazy women like Jill Dando and Princess Di were only 37/36 when they died, younger than me now and I'm not even 40, Sarah was only 39)
Freddie Mercury
Robin Williams
Terry Wogan
Paul O'Grady
Kobe Bryant
Maeve Binchy

Ben Dunne has died. Used to be head of Dunnes Stores here in ireland. Business magnate and had his chain of gyms.

NUL POINTS 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Ben Dunne has died. Used to be head of Dunnes Stores here in ireland. Business magnate and had his chain of gyms.

NUL POINTS 🤣🤣
I have family in Larne and I used to go to Dunnes when I visited, sadly Dunnes left Larne a while back

I'd bring back
Jill Dando
Sarah Harding (I find it crazy women like Jill Dando and Princess Di were only 37/36 when they died, younger than me now and I'm not even 40, Sarah was only 39)
Freddie Mercury
Robin Williams
Terry Wogan
Paul O'Grady
Kobe Bryant
Maeve Binchy
I didn't know she had died

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Robin Williams
Alan Rickman
Stephen Gately
Paul O’Grady
Matthew Perry
Heath Ledger

And a pre-emptive vote for Bruce Willis (don’t think he’s got long left 😢)

• Wow
I hope you were joking about Pam Ayres @Sir Lancelot because she's still very much alive and much younger than I thought she was at 74 so probably got a few years before she's worth putting on a list.

I'd bring back
Dolores O'Riordan
Heath Ledger
Freddie Mercury
Kurt Cobain
Marie Fredriksson
Chadwick Boseman
Anton Yelchin
Steve Mackey
Victoria Wood
And for a random choice, William Shakespeare

• Haha
Dolores O'Riordan
I knew someone big in the industry in the 90s. Apparently she’d literally shoot up while waiting in the wings then head onto stage.
Her people would ‘manage’ her addiction because they needed her to perform.
Very sad all round if true.

Avicii I’d bring back and pull him out of the industry. Such a sad and unnecessary death.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I knew someone big in the industry in the 90s. Apparently she’d literally shoot up while waiting in the wings then head onto stage.
Her people would ‘manage’ her addiction because they needed her to perform.
Very sad all round if true.

Avicii I’d bring back and pull him out of the industry. Such a sad and unnecessary death.
Oh YES!! Avicii for sure. What a talent.

• Heart
Reminder for lurkers, newbies and those who think we're sick... 2024 voting starts on Friday 1st December and finishes on Monday 18th December.
If someone from your 2024 list dies before the first of January you'll get to pick again.
No more than ten nominations each player.

2024 will have some Bonus months, don't worry!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 16
OFL AKA @Sir Lancelot - Over the Rainbow/what a wonderful world, Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
Good Riddance, Green Day
Electric Dreams ("I only knew you for a while...")
In My Life, The Beatles
Tonight We Fly, The Divine Comedy
You Will Always Be My Son, Anthem Lights
Heaven Can Wait, Meatloaf
Smile, Nat King Cole
Melon Collie and the Infinite Sadness, Smashing Pumpkins (instrumental)
Times Like These, Foo Fighters
I Will Follow You Into The Dark, Death Cab For Cutie
---
(That's my funeral playlist suggestions)

You have good taste Sir L. I will Follow You Into the Dark is my #1 funeral song. Also love In My Life, Smile & especially that version of Over the Rainbow. I used to listen to that endlessly on repeat.

Nutshell - Alice in Chains
Mad World - Gary Jules
Gloomy Sunday - Billie Holiday
Black - Pearl Jam (watch the video of them live just after EV's best friend Chris Cornell died. Heartbreaking)
Hurt - Nine Inch Nails
I Want You - Elvis Costello song but Fiona Apple's version is so angry stalker - it feels like a funeral song to me
Nothing Compares to You - Sinead O'Connor

some suggestions
---
Bringing back dead celebs - I would not bring back those who were obviously highly troubled/addicts EXCEPT for

Robin Williams because the world needs him in it
& Heath Ledger because he wasn't a died in the wool junkie as far as I know

Marilyn to find out what happened

Alan Rickman
David Bowie
Natalie Wood to find out what happened
Shirley Strachan (70s/80s lead singer of top Aussie band)
Lady Di (cuz she deserved a longer life/also cuz the royal horror show would tit bricks :m )
ashes to ashes, another one bites the dust, highway to hell

It's quiet here today.
Tony Bellend's nan has died.
ADJACENT. NUL POINTS etc etc

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.