2023 Celebrity Death Pool #16 Poking & Corpses

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Princess Diana was a shocker, just totally unexpected. I was 16 and remember being woken up on Sunday morning and being told and feeling really weird - like I knew her or something?!
Was sad about Rik Mayall passing oh and George Michael!
Still sad about "David's Dead" Gest too.
Fanx for the new Fred by the way!
---

Oh gosh yes Robin Williams too!
I forgot about Paul! I feel so bad! and Rick mayall. Professor snape 😭😭😭

Reactions: 3
Out of all the celebrity deaths that you've been aware of (ie, since you were old enough to give a tit), which one affected you the most?
Chester Bennington- singer from Linkin Park. His voice comforted me through difficult times 🖤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Out of all the celebrity deaths that you've been aware of (ie, since you were old enough to give a tit), which one affected you the most?
Robin Williams
Angus Cloud
Amy Winehouse
Taylor Hawkins
Phillip Seymour Hoffman
Alan Rickman

Reactions: 3
David Bowie, I love his music so much, I still miss that guy, he really was something else, no one was like Bowie, no one will ever be. Even his last album Black Star was remarkable, what a way to go out. He knew he was dying and he still managed one last amazing piece of art. Released on his 69th birthday, it’s dark and menacing, but to me melancholy beautiful, and was his farewell to this world, two days later Reaper took him. Bowie even said good bye in style 🖤 When I heard the news he’d died, just before I was going to work, I say on my sofa and wept for about 20 minutes, really upset me.

I also miss George Micheal, he left far too soon. I have actually got drunk with him, one night in the late 90s. (long story 😁) when I was 20, well I got drunk, George didn’t, I was so nervous in his presence I was knocking drinks back. I was a very lucky girl to have that experience 😁 I only met him that night, I may tell you about it one day, but I will say he was as lovely and funny as everyone says, but also painfully shy, another wonderfully talented man, I was so sad when he left us.

Bowie’s last track recorded was “I Can’t Give Everything Away”, it’s a beautiful lyrically dark end to his career, I want this played at my funeral, it was his goodbye, gonna be mine to 🖤😁

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
All these deaths make me realise I am tit at remembering.

Mods where are you? can I change my name please????

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Freddie Mercury - seemed to come out of the blue. Shocking. The best showman ever.
Princess Diana - absolutely horrifying. Thought she'd just broken her leg in a car crash! She was in the papers everyday, it was simply unbelievable that she'd gone.
Rik Mayall - such a funny guy and his death seemed such a senseless waste.
David Bowie - totally agree with SmillieKylie - a true legend, gone way too early and another one which came without any warning.
I was only a kid when Marc Bolan died but my friend was inconsolable.
It always seems so heartbreaking when a youngish person dies who we'd all thought had conquered their demons, like Any Winehouse and recently, Matthew Perry.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Naya rivera for me. I loved glee, it came out when I was going through a really rough time, albeit it’s of its time! But the idea of her saving her son, and him being so young and his mom never came back….. and there were a few days before they found her body and I remember hoping they found her alive even though I knew it was unlikely.

Reactions: 10
Amy Winehouse. So many reasons why...
Diana- I was convinced they were making it out to be more than it was. Like the Mail does, and then BOOM, she was actually gone.
The Queen was also a loss that I still wasnt expecting. She had been around my whole life!!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Cynthia Payne, for me

I had lots of her Luncheon Vouchers 😢😢😢😢😢

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Amy Winehouse. So many reasons why...
Diana- I was convinced they were making it out to be more than it was. Like the Mail does, and then BOOM, she was actually gone.
Oh yes, I forgot about Amy, how could I, that hit hard. Even though she was so troubled, kinda thought she’d come though it, but sadly no. We were in the Hawley Arms, her local after shopping in Camden Market, the day she died, my group often popped in that pub, I love it there, loads of signed photos on the walls of bands such as the Clash, sadly never saw her in there. I remember the day she died vividly, it was a Saturday, we had great day out, we were joking when in The Hawley, will she come in today, then on the train back to Brighton, one of my friends looked up from her phone at me and said “OMG Amy’s died, she was already gone when we were joking about seeing her”, it was an absolute shock, I loved that woman. So very sad.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
George Michael. Paul OGrady. Taylor Hawkins. Kurt Cobain. Chester Bennington. Randomly Peaches Geldof really upset me, and I have no idea why.

I’ll need a week off work when Dave Grohl and Kate Moss go… 🖤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.