2021 Holidays

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had two holidays cancelled due to Covid (Florida and Amsterdam) and still waiting for a refund from one. Won't be booking anything until I know there's a high chance it will actually go ahead. Although I HATE not having anything to look forward to! :(

• Sad
Reactions: 5
@Tublet83 and others hoping to visit to Florida 2021 (this is a bit OT for the thread, soz), did you see WDW has bought back park hopping? Hopefully by August some other things will be back for you to enjoy 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 2
@Tublet83 and others hoping to visit to Florida 2021 (this is a bit OT for the thread, soz), did you see WDW has bought back park hopping? Hopefully by August some other things will be back for you to enjoy 😁
I did! They just need to let us in now 😂

Reactions: 1
Slightly off-topic, but looking at these posts so far, I never realised Florida was such a popular place!

Have never been, but I wonder what the great appeal is?
Florida is absolutely great. Tampa is fab. If you get chance visit Disneyland, and allow yourself time to hire a car and just drive around. Miami, Fort Lauderdale, anywhere - you can't go wrong. Great weather, gigantic food portions and wonderful shops, not to mention the beautiful beaches, clear blue sea. Oh, just book me on the next flight. 🤣

Planning on Japan 🇯🇵... and probably a couple of other smaller trips. If travel is ok before April I might take myself off somewhere warm by myself as the Husband will be away till mid April. I love a holiday for one. Last year I went to the arctic circle in midsummer which was amazing. Not being able to travel this year has got to me more than any other covid restrictions tbh

• Heart
Reactions: 4
We had to move two cruises from 2020 into 2021 so hoping they will be able to go ahead, but I want to feel comfortable and hope masks are a thing of the past by summer. I'm not holding my breath though.

In July we should be on a river cruise, something we've never done before so really looking forward to it. And in September were booked on a Med cruise.

We have a touring caravan and have already booked to go to Angelsey, Dorset, Cornwall, Norfolk and Chester. After the surge in caravan sales this year, I think it will continue in 2021 as more and more people realise how much fun it can be and that we live in a beautiful country, especially when the sun shines.

Florida is absolutely great. Tampa is fab. If you get chance visit Disneyland, and allow yourself time to hire a car and just drive around. Miami, Fort Lauderdale, anywhere - you can't go wrong. Great weather, gigantic food portions and wonderful shops, not to mention the beautiful beaches, clear blue sea. Oh, just book me on the next flight. 🤣
Well I don't have a family or kids yet, so perhap Disneyland won't be on my shortlist just yet. But Florida as a whole does now interest me judging by the number of posts on here. So perhaps in a couple of years I might just pay a visit - but is there anywhere in Florida that might suit a single female in her late 20s?

Just for anyone's information, whatever happens, Disneyland Paris will be closed from January 4th to February 12th 2021 included.
Why is that? Hoping (praying) to go end of March so not affected directly. Just curious.

Why is that? Hoping (praying) to go end of March so not affected directly. Just curious.
Due to restrictions in France and it’s usually very quiet anyway at that time of year. I think they have just decided to plan for a short closure.

I have a friend who is “friends” with the princesses 😉 she’s continued to stay in her employee accommodation during this closure in order to be ready for when the park reopens for Christmas. Her and the other cast members haven’t been sent home X

Well I don't have a family or kids yet, so perhap Disneyland won't be on my shortlist just yet. But Florida as a whole does now interest me judging by the number of posts on here. So perhaps in a couple of years I might just pay a visit - but is there anywhere in Florida that might suit a single female in her late 20s?
There's plenty, but it depends on what you enjoy. Beaches are in abundance, bars and restaurants everywhere, you can hire bikes or cars or little boats on their canals. The best thing to do is read up on various places to see what there is to do. You can then decide whether to stay put in a hotel or back pack around to see different places and stay in hostels, which is what my step daughter prefers as she makes friends easier that way. Enjoy! 😁

Slightly off-topic, but looking at these posts so far, I never realised Florida was such a popular place!

Have never been, but I wonder what the great appeal is?
florida is my favourite place in the entire world! The weather, the theme parks... it’s just amazing! I cannot wait to take my girls

Reactions: 3
Me and my boyfriend are about to buy a van to convert to drive around Spain/Italy and France for 90 days next summer! We are so optimistic that we will be able to

There's plenty, but it depends on what you enjoy. Beaches are in abundance, bars and restaurants everywhere, you can hire bikes or cars or little boats on their canals. The best thing to do is read up on various places to see what there is to do. You can then decide whether to stay put in a hotel or back pack around to see different places and stay in hostels, which is what my step daughter prefers as she makes friends easier that way. Enjoy! 😁
Thanks for the tips. I am very much the culture-vulture first and foremost, with enternaments a distant second. So the idea of hiring a car, bike or even a boat and go do some unorthodox site-seeing greatly appeals.

Will take a closer look at what's available over there later into 2021 with a view to taking a trip in 2022

Have just booked for Barbados in June. More my husbands idea of holiday than mine (he likes lounging around with a drink in his hand, I like activities and sightseeing) but he was so ill with Covid earlier this year I promised him two weeks complete relaxation once we felt able to travel. Just hoping the world is in a better place by June 🤞

Reactions: 7
Have just booked for Barbados in June. More my husbands idea of holiday than mine (he likes lounging around with a drink in his hand, I like activities and sightseeing) but he was so ill with Covid earlier this year I promised him two weeks complete relaxation once we felt able to travel. Just hoping the world is in a better place by June 🤞
My favourite holiday destination ever 😍
We were there last year and in feb this year, there’s loads of places to explore & things to see around the island x

I booked Lanzarote for August, before Covid19 was considered too much of a problem.
I really hope we can go. We have daily entry to a water park as part of the deal.
We'd just got back from another Canary Island when I booked it. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine the chaos that was coming to us all!
Kids say they don't want to go abroad the year after, they want caravans or lodges with hot tubs..What?! Are they mine? 😂
We managed to get to lanzarote in August, sadly it was dead, hope to go back next year too

We’re hoping to book dlp as soon as it opens, we should be there 2-5 jan but it’s closed

We managed to get to lanzarote in August, sadly it was dead, hope to go back next year too

We’re hoping to book dlp as soon as it opens, we should be there 2-5 jan but it’s closed
I hope you get there too 🤞 x

• Heart
My favourite holiday destination ever 😍
We were there last year and in feb this year, there’s loads of places to explore & things to see around the island x
Oh really? What do you recommend? Is it safe to travel around the island independently (my preferred option) or are organised trips better? Any info much appreciated, feel free to DM me to avoid derailing the thread 😀