2020 US Election - Trump vs Biden

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
CNN just called Wisconsin for Biden!

237 electoral votes for Biden
213 electoral for Trump

Come on Michigan!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
He doesn't have to "take Wisconsin to court", he just has to request a recount, its within his rights, as there is less than 1% between winner and loser 🤷‍♀️ No big deal. They are used to recounting here when the margins are so close. There was a recount in the last election.
I just repeated what he said is all. He seems to think everything will wind up in Supreme court, which he thinks he has stacked on his side. He is fine if he is winning, even if it was only 2 votes he would have went on how horrible Hillary was for demanding a recount.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
He's having a meltdown on Twitter that the ballot votes are being counted - He knows what he's doing and it stinks - they're literally just counting people's votes but his base will believe his nonsense and it's going to cause issues.

Reactions: 9
I have said it once, will say it again. People are not voting for Biden to win, they are voting against Trump.
Big difference.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
You know these mail in votes he doesn’t want counted are they physically laying in a pile or still in the post and won’t arrive for days?

What about the delayed postal votes in Florida etc that now can't be counted.. seems a stupid rule?

Reactions: 1
You know these mail in votes he doesn’t want counted are they physically laying in a pile or still in the post and won’t arrive for days?
Some are still there "in a pile". But legally anything post stamped before election day (No 3rd) and arrives before Nov 6th (Friday) can STILL be counted and that's what the delay. A few states like Pennsylvania only start counting the mailed in votes after the in person (day of) votes have been cast. Hope that makes sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Some are still there "in a pile". But legally anything post stamped before election day (No 3rd) and arrives before Nov 6th (Friday) can STILL be counted and that's what the delay. A few states like Pennsylvania only start counting the mailed in votes after the in person (day of) votes have been cast. Hope that makes sense.
Thanks I never understood that part! They take so long with their counting it’s madness

Reactions: 3
It's just the law relating to that state, if the post comes after the day of election they can't be counted and they had been delayed by USPS. Same in a few other states
crazy!! I didn’t know that about Florida, I thought they all accepted them once they were post stamped. 😮

I don’t mean any offence to America but the voting system seems like a pile of tit..how do you not know still?!

In the UK we go to bed the night before and wake up and find out. They do races to see who can get their result in the fastest. I rarely say we do anything well but compared to this I feel like we are pros at elections.

I know we have less people but just get more people to help count beforehand?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I just repeated what he said is all. He seems to think everything will wind up in Supreme court, which he thinks he has stacked on his side. He is fine if he is winning, even if it was only 2 votes he would have went on how horrible Hillary was for demanding a recount.
Totally, everything has to sound as dramatic as possible with him or he feels unseen.

Reactions: 1
crazy!! I didn’t know that about Florida, I thought they all accepted them once they were post stamped. 😮
The same rule applies in Michigan and Wisconsin but I think they've called Wisconsin for Biden there now. Makes your wonder if the missed ballots would have impacted Florida much 🤔🤔

Reactions: 2
If Biden wins, is this going to be the first election in a really long time where Ohio hasn't been indicative of the overall results?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.