2020 US Election - Trump vs Biden

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just look at the outstanding numbers of people who have voted for Trump and it’s clear to see that there’s swaths of tolerant Trump supporters who let the left have their obscenity-laden anti-Trump rants and don’t retaliate, but simply keep their opinion to themselves.

Reactions: 7
Can I ask what of Bidens policy's do you like, & prefer over Trumps?
I just think Trump is a raging misogynistic, fraudulent liar, throws his toys put of the pram, claims things to be fake news when they are not, he's racist, incites violence...need I go on. Biden is far from ideal but the Democrats are less racist, less mysogynistic etc. I'm not a political expert though so please don't expect me to come out with an eloquent political essay as to why Biden rules. Sometimes you just have a hunch that someone is evil and for me, that is Trump.

Edit to add: some younger candidates for both parties wouldn't go amiss, imo. People should not have to choose between two people who clearly have personal issues and not the best bill of health 😬

Reactions: 16
Rejoining Paris Agreemend and admitting climate change is a problem that needs fixed. Not 'science doesnt know and explosive trees'

Raising taxes for higher earners

Be pro active with covid 19, create a track and trace system.

Stricter gun control.

I dont live in the US but the top 3 would also encourage me to vote for a candidate in my own country. Covid and the economy go hand in hand, you cant fix one without fixing the other. Ignoring one wont work.

This is not a win that the Democrats should be happy about, if it happens. Half of the electorate have real problems and they should be listened to, a lot of the votes could be frustration that they dont feel that the Democrats represent them and couldnt resonate with them.

I feel along with the single issue of Brexit this is why the Conservatives did so well in Decemeber. They got the protest anti Labour vote.

We need to be kinder to each other and try to understand each others issues. I am very left leaning but as the phrase goes 'you catch more honey with flies than vinegar'

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
My main reason for voting Biden if I was in the US is that he's not Trump but:

Covid Response
Climate Change Response - namely rejoining the Paris Agreement
Taxation for Higher Earners - We cant just let people get away without paying their tax anymore (I say this as a business owner and a fairly high earner (though nowhere near the 400k threshold)
Healthcare
Gun Control (doubt the senate/NRA would allow this but still)

I don't know enough about the following but also assume Biden would not go down the route of taking away women's rights and LGBTQ+ rights. And a president that respects POC - I don't think Biden or Kamala would claim that some white supremacists were very fine people for example.

He listens to experts in their field as well (covid as an example)

Plus not having a melty on twitter about legal postal voting would also be something I'd personally want from a president. Trump is getting people killed both with his poor covid response and his constant baiting on social media.

The man is dangerous.

(plus have we forgotten about Russian meddling and also the constant lies - how many has he been proved of saying now?).

Also - the merchandise - I've never known anything like it? Talking about jobs in America whilst peddling flags / t-shirts / hats and all other nonsense that was all made in China - ....

Ok I could probably go on for too long and just realised you weren't even asking me so I'll shut up now 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Trump 2020 💪🏼🇺🇸 Imagine creepy Joe being in charge 😭 he’ll wake up in the morning and forget who he is 😂 absolute mayhem

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I do wonder why American presidents are mostly men in their 60s and 70s...like is that they best they have to offer, out of 100s or millions of people who could run, is the best they could do a 74 year old and a 77 year old?! Why can't they have younger people?! I'm not really ageist but for a president of a country I would expect someone with experience but not so close to their twilight years! I want Biden to win as Trump is dreadful, but they are both sailing close to the wind with illness. People say Biden has dementia but I would wager so does Trump! He's not well either.
They don't allow anyone under the age of 35, for starters. Secondly, it costs an absolute fortune to run. You've got to be wealthy yourself and know a lot of wealthy people who'll support you and donate to your campaign. Estimated spending combined on this election is just under $14 BILLION. Not too many people under the age of 60 have that kind of money.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Imagine creepy Joe being in charge
I completely respect your opinion and your right to that opinion, but I do often wonder why everyone has so readily adopted Trump's rhetoric. Is it really okay to ascribe such monikers to people? It's unacceptable imo, but since the pres has set the example the people seem to have just blindly followed it. I don't see why it's necessary. Your point was just as valid without the name calling. The name calling actually undermines any point you were making.
*noting that I am making a general point regarding everyone who does this, not specifically the person quoted.

Reactions: 14
TBH I've been looking at both sides trying to figure out who I'd vote for if I was in the US and I wouldn't know. I believe in Climate Change, but think it's important to not make the rich pay too many taxes (fair share yes, but it's important to find the right balance), because then they'll leave said area for a place that's more advantageous tax wise (ans perhaps take new businesses/investments with them).

Take the rising property taxes in california and Californians heading to tax friendly states like Texas in droves.

I'd personally be one of those voters stuck in the middle. Trump's most likely raped a woman (I DONT CONDONE THAT) but Biden has also been accused of that by Tara Reid (I think that was her name) and the same dems who condemn the stuff trump has done quietly swept that one under the rug.

• Wow
Reactions: 4

Yel

If trump does loose this (which looks 90% likely at this point) he's going to be so salty and just as entertaining. He's been planning this postal fruad narrative for a long time and can't see him going quietly.

Reactions: 8
I call him Creepy Joe because he's a creep and he gives me the creeps ,nothing to do with Trump at all..

Reactions: 5

Yel

TBH I've been looking at both sides trying to figure out who I'd vote for if I was in the US and I wouldn't know. I believe in Climate Change, but think it's important to not make the rich pay too many taxes (fair share yes, but it's important to find the right balance), because then they'll leave said area for a place that's more advantageous tax wise (ans perhaps take new businesses/investments with them).
Yeah it's not a straightforward vote for me either. Raising taxes at "rich people" is always popular with people as long as it's only targeted at those earning more than the people polled 😆. Biden did stem this a lot by saying only those earning over $400k would have tax rises.

Reactions: 1
Even if Joe wins it this is not the end of Trumps heading for the White House. I could see Donald Trump pushing Ivanka for first woman president.. appeals to a wider audience

Reactions: 2
So from what I can gather on this thread, joe is creepy but the president who was friends with Epstein, talked about grabbing women by the p*ssy and said he would try it on with his daughter isn't?

ok....

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Yeah it's not a straightforward vote for me either. Raising taxes at "rich people" is always popular with people as long as it's only targeted at those earning more than the people polled 😆. Biden did stem this a lot by saying only those earning over $400k would have tax rises.
50 cents reaction was FUN-NY

I completely respect your opinion and your right to that opinion, but I do often wonder why everyone has so readily adopted Trump's rhetoric. Is it really okay to ascribe such monikers to people? It's unacceptable imo, but since the pres has set the example the people seem to have just blindly followed it. I don't see why it's necessary. Your point was just as valid without the name calling. The name calling actually undermines any point you were making.
*noting that I am making a general point regarding everyone who does this, not specifically the person quoted.
You just have to Google Creepy Joe

• Sick
Reactions: 3
So from what I can gather on this thread, joe is creepy but the president who was friends with Epstein, talked about grabbing women by the p*ssy and said he would try it on with his daughter isn't?

ok....

I don't think either side has any grounds for using "being creepy" as a reason lol

Reactions: 5
The president has over 20 allegations of sexual assault, I dont think any side can be throwing stones.

Creepy Joe, Rapey Don.

I think we can all agree that neither of the candidates are ideal, and certainly do not showcase the best either side have to offer.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.